MINING GENERAL

Mining General thread.

Whatcha mining Veeky Forums?

Whats your gpu?

What's your hash rate?

What is your shares per hour?

Should I buy a miner?

Or can I build one?

You literally just use your gpu if you have a decent one to mine. I only have a 470 I bought late last year and should have started mining then. Could have easily made $2000 on my modest setup.

Just use an old gaming rig and throw 2 - 3 GPUs in it. I did this with 3 old 970s I had laying around from other projects and I'm making about 30$ every couple of days in Ether using genoils miner and ethermine.org. free money.

I am interested in ethereum mining
is it viable or is it waste of time?

Got my newest 6x GTX 1070 rig running last week, getting an average of 30 MH/s per card. Hot as fuck though, 70C per card.

Whats your hashrate and how many shares do you get an hour on average?

my shit is only around 10-16$ every 4 days with my single card. It would be 16 but the price dropped and only got $11. The electricity is probably like $3-4

Hashrate is about 20MH/s on a properly configured and overclocked 970. Pretty decent considering you can get a used one on eBay for like $190.

and your rig runs non stop, right?
and how does exchanging ethereum for real money works? you sell it somewhere?
I am not fluent in cryptocurrencies yet, but I am willing to learn

I leave it on as long as I can usually. I've only been doing this for around a week and only gotten 1 payout so far but it went to my wallet. Eventually im just going to put it on bittrex, but to cash out you have to use something like coinbase.

If anyone knows a better site to use than coinbase please let me know.

550 MH/s on Ethash (profit targeting via miningpoolhub) and 10,000 MH/s Sia. for about 3.8 kWh.

I've been mining / trading for two weeks and have already made about $2600.. bit over one BTC... mostly by handing chumps FOMO bags. Great brand.

Considering my initial out of pocket was under $8,500 I feel good about this.

It's slightly more profitable to mine ETC

would a geforce 1050ti be better or worse?

I think the 1050ti isn't quite as good as the 970, but the 1060 is a bit faster I think.

I'm mining ETH, SIA, and Burst
However I 'm thinking of turning my 4.7TB burst setup into a storjcoin host until I earn enough to have 100+TB

Any opinions? Is it worth setting up a Storjcoin rig?

what software do you use?

Just switched from this pool for a few days to test Nicehash.

Can anyone redpill me on the best mining pool?

Also, fuck coinbase.

interested in this too. Right now stuck between this or Sia

Anyone hosting on either?

you can mine with HD? rather in gpu / cpu ?

Mining ETH+SIA 24/7
GPU: Single RX 470
Rates: 26.8 and 401 (modded bios + driver tweaks)
My rig draws 188 from the wall. I pay $0.09 for electricity per month. GPU runs at 66C, VRM at 74C.

I bought that 470 back in September, mainly because it good for DOOM. I considered mining, but was lazy to mine until may. Stupid!

Claymore's dual miner, and bios flashed 570s/580s tuned for efficiency (power costs are a bitch)... Anyone running 570s/580s there's a sweet spot between 1028 mhz and 948 mhz depending on manufacturer that causes the card to drop down to ~100-110 watt draw for a 1% productivity loss.

I like miningpoolhub because of the easy setup for multi-coin, single algo-switching. If Eth C or Musicoin or Expanse is more profitable than Eth then it'll automatically switch to mining them & exchange coins for whatever I want. Pretty sweet.. Pool fee is usually .9% but it bumps to 1.1% if you auto-exchange for profit maximization.

>470 for doom
me and you both brother.

How many shares do you average an hour? I usually get around 25 @ 27mhz, I got at many as 40 an hour when I bumped up clock speeds.

Can you post your trixx/msi settings and your card brand and it's ram brand? please and thanks.

I'm trying to get to the sweet spot without getting errors, my elpidia(sp) ram is supposed to be shit in my xfx rs 470.

Thinking about getting into mining, but still fairly new to the crypto stuff. I've been trading for a couple of weeks, and at this point I should be able to take enough profits to build or buy a decent rig. The real question seems to be, do I want to buy an ASIC miner, or build a GPU mining rig? Would mining trash the video cards to the point where they were not function playing games, or could the rig serve dual purposes?

>Whatcha mining Veeky Forums?
Just ETH
>Whats your gpu?
Two RX580's
>What's your hash rate?
58.2 Mh/s
>What is your shares per hour?

Running Claymore95 on XUbuntu. Had a ton of fun building the rig and setting it all up, even if I don't end up returning on what I spent before ETH goes PoS.

Right now I have no means to check how many shares I have per hour, I think it's somewhere between 20 and 25.

I use wattman for tweaks, but I'm setting fanspeed in claymore, usually at 520-57% - depends on ambient temperature.

The card is Powercolor Red Devil 4GB with Hynix ram.

HWinfo show no erreors. Only occasionally it shows errors right after sturting the miner, but restarting helps.

gpu, you're late to the party cards are either outrageously expensive or sold out.
trash cards are ok depending on the power consumption but youll probably still be making money. Idk how hard it is on the cards but if you keep it reasonable cool i figure it won't hurt them. I expect mine to go back to gaming if i ever decide to stop mining, but at the rate it's going id really rather keep mining and eventually get an amd whateveritscalled when they finally come out. I'll probably be mining on both cards instead of playing games by then anyway because nothing worth playing has come out in a while.

I have this

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Ti D5 4GB

will it work ?

forgot the pic

How much storage is "ideal" for Burst?

how hard was it to get claymore setup and mining on ubuntu, I just wiped my entire windows8 yesterday to hopefully get better hashes(didn't change much). idk if you tried windows but your shares per hour sounds pretty comperable to mine.

Thanks for being a part of the thread.

which pool have you been in? ethermine.org tells you on their site what your shares and current effective hashrates are, as well as the ability to change payout amounts (i set mine to 0.05 eth). If i found a better pool i might considering changing.

sure, google claymore miner and start reading, or genoils.

Right on man, I've been keeping up on the local market for cards, and I think I can score a few for under market price as long as I'm willing to drive a bit (1070s under $250 used, occasionally). I was thinking of going with 2-4 1070s depending on how much/how long it takes to find them cheap. Are there other, better cards I should be on the look out for?

mine if you want to compare.
Iirc hynix is one of the worst memories they can come with and people send them back, but I could be completely wrong. I know elpindia is a shitty one to end up with.

What brand are your 580s?
Does that even matter much?

>which pool have you been in? ethermine.org

Oh! Sorry, I'm too tired to think right now. Yes, I use this pool. It shows me 26 shares/hour.

1050 ti gets 14mh/s max 1060 gets 19-22

Could not sync with the ETH blockshitstain using Mist or Geth, downloaded over ten gigs and could not hold peers after being this deep, twice.

Sia chain synced fast and in the GUI, I believe less than 12 hours.

Monero took almost three days to sync, and would fix the necessarily corrupt database between BSOD resets.

Geth was much more fragile.

It was moderately difficult, I've only used linux once before. I ran into problems getting it to boot without a monitor, then I ran into wifi problems (ended up buying a really long ethernet cable instead).
Mine are XFX. The brand will make only a small difference. The memory size makes a bigger difference (8gb is better)

I'm really new at this so I cant answer everything, but when people were getting 470s for around 170-200$ new it was worth it instead of getting 1070s for ~$300 because the ROI was much faster, a bios modded 470 is almost as fast as a 1070. If you can get the 1070s for $250 i would say jump all over that shit, your ROI would only be a few months, then it's all profit from there.

is it easier / faster to mine for shitcoins ?

Thanks. I guess my shit is running about average. I wish i had blown the money on another 470 for gaming and been better off, it sucks waiting 4 days for a $12 payout

I also heard bad things about Hynix. Well, I'm yet to try this card at higher voltages. But just to try, because I fear for Red Devil's cheap VRM. And the fan is getting really loud beyond 57-58%.

I'm mining HUSH because of whattomine.com. There are like 2 pools available, I mined for 24 hours on each and got like 20% less on Aika pool then hushpool.cloud. Shouldn't I get the same amount if not more on Aika becuase it has atleast double the hashrate?

That's exactly the brand I'm looking at right now, 8gb too
It's the cheapest I can get in my country since apparently people don't really know the brand
The only real issue I read about is it might overheat in some circumstances

Did you try mining with it on windows before switching to ubuntu? If so what were your hash rates?

I've got a screen I can use to set up the monitor and an ethernet cable already connected, I just don't know if I want to waste 4-6 hours setting it up only to gain 0.010 more hashes, if even that.

sure, but there are no profits there unless it moons.
I was mining monero, but without being able to see my contribution to the pool and a payout limit of 0.5 monero I was looking at spending 1 week or more before I could tell it was happening, and earning $20~ for mining all that week. I can get better ROI from mining eths.

i've got my shit undervolted by -25, i've went as far as -75. it lowered the wattage from 80 to around 70. it's at 75-76c right now.

Thanks. I forgot to add that I'm using 17.1.2 drivers. Don't know if that matters.

About HWinfo errors: I'm getting a lot of errors if I set 1099 or 1101mhz instead of 1100 on core. The same thing for the vram. Weird.

I did the BIOS modding on windows, the hash rate was about the same.
If you enjoy programming/computer shit its worth it. Also if you don't want to deal with cracking windows.

I'm mining both at the same time with the claymore miner

set them in increments of 25.

I think it's suggested to use the 16.9.2 drivers from everything i've read, pretty sure that amd made it so the cards werent recognizable with any of the newest drivers if you had a modded bios.

I do like playing around on computers, but Im just using my gaming rig as my setup and don't need to crack windows. I might as well just keep it windows then if it won't really make a difference. Thanks for the info I've been looking for it for a week.

Burst mining uses hard drives so it's ASIC resistant
I've got a refurbished 3TB that I'm using right now to mine with 1.7TB of etc. space on my system
Aparently I could be earning more by using that space for Storjcoin

there are a few Radeon RX48 cards around me on kijiji / craigs list.
~450 CAD

this is better to mine with for eth?

how long till I make that $450 back ?

No problem. Also forgot to mention the obvious: Ubuntu is much smaller than windows and can run off of a flash drive. For you it won't matter but it saved me some money when I set up my rig since flash drives are much cheaper than SSDs

>$0.09 for electricity per month
fuck, I mean $0.09 per kwh

they do like 29M/hs at around 110watts.
google Eth mining calculator and put those in along with your electrical prices, hit calculate.

>fuck, I mean $0.09 per kwh
$0.15 here
>tfw cuckifornia

>For you it won't matter but it saved me some money when I set up my rig since flash drives are much cheaper than SSDs
I'm seeing 32gb SSDs for $22, only saves a few bucks really and the SSDs are much faster

Am I missing something?

Dunno maybe I'm dumb but I don't think the drive speed mattered for mining. My flash drive was $10.

>tfw Fury X from two years ago at 33Mh/s for ETH

pretty damn hot, whats your shares per hour if you know.

just got 21 in 53 minutes, which is pretty fucking shit.

150MH/s ETH

1500MH/s SC

7 x Gigabyte 1060 Mini

STOP BUYING ALL THE FUCKING GPUS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Minimum of 20, maximum of 40 today, average of 28 over the course of 7 hours.
Sometimes the reportee dips a bit down, the effective hash spikes to 36Mh/s or even 41Mh/s, and the average dips because of 10 minutes of downtime while I was at work.
If it wasn't for Vega, I'd get another one.

>STOP BUYING ALL THE FUCKING GPUS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>tfw you will never be the one making the GPUs and raking in all the profits
I think cryptocurrencies were invented by AMD to boost GPU sales

im going to get 2 vega, i needs me more cards.

what you should do ?

i've been trading crypto for 3 months now

no idea how mining works

What do you guys do with shitcoins that you mine? Do you just trade it for BTC/ETH every couple of weeks? I'm worried about some of mine dropping in value overnight.

Any good guides for getting into mining?

Is mining solely GPU dependent, or does CPU factor in as well?

tons of guides on youtube and reddit

I'm thinking the same thing; video cards and antminers are sold out or priced out the cunt.

Burst, SC, and storj have the best ratio of ROI as of right now.

Gonna go balls deep on a 100TB setup the moment my crypto portfolio stops cucking me out of input capital.

Most mining is done with GPUs. CPU doesn't matter.

Lol what miners are you guys using? I'm currently using minergate but I heard others are better

As much as you can afford. 5tb externals and a barebones PC til BURST blows the fuck up.

EWBF CUDA miner on Suprnova. 30 shekels a day running dual 1080tis and 1070s.

used minergate for a while but its fucking garbage. using claymores now, ive tried genoils though, haven't tried nicehash yet.

What is wrong with minergate? I don't use it, but I just am curious. Is it slow, makes bad choices?

What do you mean? What should I do about the heat? I put a fan in front of the rig and I don't use that room in my house because it gets hot as fuck in there. I just remote into the rig to check on it.

GTX 1070
SIACOIN & ETH

27 mh/s ETH
720 mh/s SIA

Increase your intensity bro. Make sure to do the math and see how much hashrate you trade though.

Fuck you cunts you ruined the gpu market, everyone on /v/ hates you

always crashed when i was trying to gpu mine different things or didn't mine gpu at all. a few other reasons as well. it's ok for a introduction into mining but you would really want to use a different miner for the next step.

I came from /v/. fuck those whiney trap fappin bitches they should have bought a gpu last year.

What the fuck is happening with Zpool? They dropped the pay rate just because they wanted it.

What's the best pool for mining zcash?
I use Slush Pool, any advice of other? And why?

I would like to get into mining, but do not know where to start.

I am willing to build a computer specifically for this purpose.

Can you point me in the direction of good info to get started? Or do you have any yourself?

Thanks in advance...

>Gonna go balls deep on a 100TB setup
are you going to turn it into a 100TB burst or storj/sc setup?
I would imagine it's more practical to do burst if you don't have fast internet.
It's also more economically smart to buy used refurbished hard drives as long as they're backed by a warranty. The one I got was backed by a 1 year complete warranty (if it ever dies they replace it for free) but by then I would have earned enough to buy 5 of them so there's no risk for me

>Can you point me in the direction of good info to get started? Or do you have any yourself?
google.com

Just bought a second 1080ti. Also have a 470 and 390 going I had lying around.

I'm making about 100 a week (should go up to 140~ when the new card arrives) with the exception of this last week thanks to the drop which was more like 80 bucks. I use nicehash because the payout is decent and its pretty hassle-free.

Minergate is a bit shitty. The smart mining would be a lot more optimised if the coin list was much larger. I use sgminer for a few coins.

>Aparently I could be earning more by using that space for Storjcoin
Last time I ran the numbers (early this year) it was more profitable to mine Burst
The storj faggots removed their profit calculator, and you gotta experiment to see if it would be more profitable than burst

>tfw when electricity costs 0.25 per kwh where I live

This is the noobest question possible, but I own my home, I'm single. My electric rate here in Texas is alright I guess. Would mining be profitable in the year of our lord 2017?

Doing XMR with my CPUs (including old ass Core Duo's and Android phones, I have "free" as in included in rent electricity in my dorm) and ETH on my few GPU rigs, Burst on all my computers with free space that hasn't been claimed by chink cartoons
I haven't actually bought anything with the sole purpose of mining, and I regret not doing it before the craze blew up this year
I mean, this it's a literal repeat from the BTC mining craze in 2013
It seems like a great idea to buy a ton of HDD's for Burst since I need them anyway since those Touhou soundtracks and H@H galleries need their space
AMD has never benefited properly from the mining crazes, the retailers/resellers/scalpers are getting all the profit
Minergate literally skims your hashrate/shares and freezes your funds for no reason, you actually can never withdraw all of it since a part of it will always remain in the "unconfirmed" balance, they actually have the balls of deducing the (((invalid))) shares from your balance too, and their GPU miner usually fails and shows astronomic hashrates for no reason
They're scummy kikes
sg-miner is good all around, genoil and ethminer are possibly the best for eth (and currently the most profitable), you usually have to experiment to see what works best for you
If you don't want to fuck with things just run nicehash, like minergate but they don't steal your hashes and you get paid in BTC
Sounds like yes, there's plenty of mining calculators out there, just input your rates and whatever equipment you have
Buying new equipment it's kind of retarded at the current prices, it would be pretty similar to buying ETH at the ATH

>Buying new equipment it's kind of retarded at the current prices, it would be pretty similar to buying ETH at the ATH

Fuck, that's what I figured.

>AMD has never benefited properly from the mining crazes, the retailers/resellers/scalpers are getting all the profit
>tfw you will never be a retailer/reseller/scalper getting all the profit

I did. I wanted to minimize my ETH hashrate losses. I only care about "free" SIA

does nicehash have a mining fee and what is their pooling fee? claymores is like 2.5% and ethermine.org is 0.001 to tx anything less than around 0.5 ether

literally sitting on several duo cores without hard drives, considering doing xmrs on them. whats the hash rate on one of those duos?