Occultism & Magick: Library Update 49

/sum/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/HhU18gCW

Library:
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

This update focuses mostly on various ethnographies of Amazonian peoples and descriptions of their ritual/social practices.

Included is the Book of Chilam Balam, in a few iterations:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilam_Balam

Moreover there's a nice little article about demonic evokation/invokation from the Coptic manuscripts (H-happy Palm Sunday ;_;)

>European
Contesting Orthodoxy in Medieval Europe
The Daimon in Hellenic Astrology (A Brill Edition, probably VERY relevant to HGA/Augoeides work).
Male Witches in Early Modern Europe
Religion and the Decline of Magic

>Gnostic Stuides
Demon Invokations in the Coptic Magic Scrolls

>Shamanic
Inuit Shamanism and Christianity: Transition and Transformation in the 20th C. (Should be more or less similar, but less complex, than the Teabo manuscript I posted last update; Amerinds grappling with Christianity).
Ancient Future of the Itza: The Book of Chilam Balam, annotated, commented.
Heaven Born Merida and Its Destiny: The Book of Chilam Balam.
A Morpheme Concordance to the Book of Chilam Balam.
Made-From-Bone: Trickster Myths, Music, and History in the Amazon.
Rethinking History and Myth: Indigenous South American Perspectives on the Past.
Ethnicity in Ancient Amazonia: Reconstructing Past Identities from Archaeology, Linguistics, and Ethnohistory.
Comparative Arawakan Histories: Rethinking Language Family and Culture in Amazonia.
History, Power, and Identity: Ethnogenesis in the Americas, 1492-1992
Funerary Customs of the Kogi
Amazonian Cosmos: The Sexual and Religious Symbolism of the Tukano Indians (DJVU file)

>Eastern>Tibet
Mo: Tibetan Divination System

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=teUMcu6p9o0
youtu.be/4ff7TcnqHUc
youtube.com/watch?v=fvckocaVPNA
youtu.be/JF_U-0Jh1eM
youtu.be/0EYYN_Dt0FY?t=229
youtu.be/QW-l-CPC6QY
youtube.com/watch?v=cR0j2GE-LU4
youtu.be/mSm8_W2WDps
youtu.be/lxXOVk5rbWg
youtu.be/PNCqaSH-31U
youtu.be/CHLLzSpyhWk
youtu.be/ecoonOVWBc8
youtu.be/7YtRjj3zd98
youtu.be/l3iFcNUmRcc
youtu.be/JH6adfJtK8o
youtu.be/VQej3EkFrrg
youtu.be/OIlFl_e0SkM
youtu.be/NgldRTwN9jE
youtu.be/IScmhWjGUl4
youtube.com/watch?v=zHCaxmxChX0
youtube.com/watch?v=jL6_FMqyNns&t=1s
youtu.be/OBCqQxW7sE8
youtu.be/vOEQNo5m4rg
youtu.be/fXJwcVBgHUk
youtu.be/pfBd7J75L9c?t=1m53s
utpress.utexas.edu/books/soudev
youtube.com/watch?v=DjEASk89JZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=teUMcu6p9o0

youtu.be/4ff7TcnqHUc

youtube.com/watch?v=fvckocaVPNA

youtu.be/JF_U-0Jh1eM

youtu.be/0EYYN_Dt0FY?t=229

youtu.be/QW-l-CPC6QY

youtube.com/watch?v=cR0j2GE-LU4

youtu.be/mSm8_W2WDps

youtu.be/lxXOVk5rbWg

youtu.be/PNCqaSH-31U

youtu.be/CHLLzSpyhWk

(didn't bump)

youtu.be/ecoonOVWBc8

youtu.be/7YtRjj3zd98

youtu.be/l3iFcNUmRcc

youtu.be/JH6adfJtK8o

youtu.be/VQej3EkFrrg

youtu.be/OIlFl_e0SkM
^^^ I should note that for the last thirty or forty years, there are no "uncontacted" tribes. Invariably when pics of some "uncontacted" tribe gets circulated you can go to any anth department in the country and get a rundown on what linguistic and culture family they're from, isolated as they may be.

Just about every single one of these groups DID have contact with the colonial/church forces but the ethnocides in the Rubber Boom generally pushed them as deep into the interior as they could get because fuck a whole bunch of waking up to see your river choked with corpses or every man in the village missing limbs for not collecting rubber (if they were lucky enough to get a limb hacked off rather than shot on the spot).

Thanks.
Will peruse later.

Ayyy, Palo.

Did you catch the Teabo Manuscript from last time? The Mayan almost syncretic thing?

Also, you may get a kick out of Made-From-Bone.

youtu.be/NgldRTwN9jE

youtu.be/IScmhWjGUl4

need to upset christians to get bumps on this board

I thought taking seriously the religions of mud savages (such as myself) and cannibalistic shamen would do the trick.

Nobody reads primary source documents. It upsets the narrative.

Related, reading Azoetia is about to give me a nosebleed.

That's why I don't screw around too much with Azoetia.

If you notice the ritual structure is more or less the same as DBoE, on a circle of syllables; the Azoetia ritual year has two hypostates, the waking and dreaming arrangement of Aats.

I'm not exactly sure what order they need ran in, or if they're even particularly relevant to the Column of the Serpent Cross outside of Chumbley's personal elaborations.

It really feels like just the notes of an ambitious Neophyte.

Word on the street is that it was his running grimoire/"""book of shadows""" in his late teenage and early adult years.

I'm interested in initiatic dream yoga so I thought it was worth a read. Turns out I value clarity and have little use for materials. It really does read like some teenage wycchan shit I have lying around.

youtube.com/watch?v=zHCaxmxChX0

youtube.com/watch?v=jL6_FMqyNns&t=1s

youtu.be/OBCqQxW7sE8

youtu.be/vOEQNo5m4rg

The hand vodou take on Spare was interesting, though.

>The Hand moves.
>The Quill moves.
>The Point is still.

So anyhow if the Ethnoshamanism isn't appealing, I added five academic texts to the Euro folder.

For more about male witches see Grimoire of Arthur Gauntlet.

For more on the Daimon's relation to stellar and planetary magick, see Agrippa's Three Books.

Lecture on the aspects of parallelism between Western and New World esoterica from Manly Palmer Hall:

youtu.be/fXJwcVBgHUk

What are some historic Luciferian organizations and do you have Madeline Montalban's Order of the Morning Star correspondence course?

>historic Luciferian organizations
There were none. Luciferianism is a relatively recent phenomenon in any sort of organized structure.

That said, grimoires like Grimorium Verum contain much elaboration on Lucifer, but this is something of a rarity.

>Order of the Morning Star correspondence course
Approach with caution.
Every single one of her influences are in my library.
She in turn went on to influence some rather more impressive folks in the same field.

thanks op

Not a problem.
I should probably mention that I'm running up into 92% of my free account space limit.

(bump to break up the cycle /pol/ threads)

By bumping x threads?

So I take it you don't want to talk about Amazonian ethnography and/or Tibetan divination and/or Coptic demon invokations and/or the development of European esoterica?

Tell me the one ritual about how you cum on your wife's period blood for magikal potency powers.

That one always makes me cringe

I mean, this is quite a diverse area to explore along all vectors of the board's topic(s).

>wife's
Top zozzle.

>cum on
Or rather, well timed ritual intercourse.

>for magikal potency powers
Not at all, it was for an evokation.

>That one always makes me cringe
But you only learned about it in the last thread, user.

Besides, if you think THAT is strange, you should scroll up top and thumb through the Tukanoan cosmology and rituals.

Verum has all of 6 words about lucifer. Cute, red when angry, likes mice.

That's what interests me, what were her specific influences? All I've been able to find so far is a book that allegedly contains most of the course.

>Cute, red when angry, likes mice.
Also the most important sigil to have developed tied to the entity.

>what were her specific influences
Literally everything. She influenced one of the first members of the Cultus Sabbati fairly deep.

IJS you don't need an intermediary with all of the source materials on tap.

Is spelling evocation wrong autism or the mark of a super powerful wizard?

>Also the most important sigil to have developed
Europe or Asia? Or the Exu Lucifer ponto riscado?

>She influenced one of the first members of the Cultus Sabbati fairly deep.
KG or was this before the TOTO connection?

Anything involving Jewish Kaballah, user?

Early modern English through German and Latin before it, ca. 1600.

It's in-bounds. Just like "magick".

Most important for the sort of ceremonial Western magick someone asking this question is likely interested in.

I think her association with Grant was light. She'd spent more time with The Great and Wild Beast himself, iirc. But she did operate as a contemporary to Grant and influenced many many of Grant's students, including Mike Howard who edited Cauldron and sorta kinda popularized the modern conception of Luciferian Witchcraft.

My Kabbalah folder is the best on the internet. Fite me.

Is it in the Mega download?

Yup.

>Early modern English through German and Latin before it, ca. 1600. It's in-bounds. Just like "magick".

Yep, it's autism

Thanks bro. I'm on mobile, and not home at the moment. I'll download the Mega app when I get some WiFi going.

>he comes into a thread that he doesn't like to complain about it when there's a function to hide not only threads but also individual trip users
>accuses others of autism
That's precious.

Yeah mate it's fuckhuge.

>Howard
Eerie you should mention him. I just came full circle in 4 hours.

Seeing that just pisses me off so much more DB didn't have Soror Pasht Akhti's work in it.

Why don't you call your goetic enochian succubus to kick my ass?

Hmmmmmmm? Is she busy with another wizard?

Just because you can string words together doesn't mean you're making sense.

You sound REALLY upset about someone on shitpostchan posting a thread you personally don't like.

It could have been the work of the great poet and artist magister therion instead, don't complain.

Also, it's like reading angelic process lyrics either way
youtu.be/pfBd7J75L9c?t=1m53s

Neat track mate.

Listening to Paulides' last Coast to Coast appearance.

Good shit.

Haha just picking on you for actually believing this nonsense and spreading it to others.

It's all fake, you must know that. You're just like the Catholics but with opposite virtues.

>Coast to Coast

I fukken lost it!

>for actually believing this nonsense
You mean like the hundreds of academic authors in the library?

>and spreading it to others
You mean access to religious and cultural source documents including the entire myth cycles of multiple tribes on the brink of the Void is bad?

Yeah, Noory's a lolcow; I listen for Dave P. and that's about it.

One day I need to sit down and work through all the background reading and practicum to run the dboe. I finally understand the context but not so much of the content and my current diet of occasional yoga and research articles is stagnating.

>academic
>LARPing about demons and spells like 13 year old girls

All right sunshine prove to us all that you have real magical powers.

The disparity between the claims of magick and the actual "abilities" of its practitioners is staggering. Blind leading the blind.

But why?

There's rather a huge amount of historical and anthropological source texts here, as mentioned a few times already.

I mean the vast majority of it is elaboration on the big main points of the Western grimoire tradition, some expansion on Thelema, and a healthy mix of Near Eastern cults (as it should be considering the time and place where Agrippa operated).

I don't think I ever actually made that claim. Also you not liking it doesn't make it non-academic.

Well if you're talking 'magick' with the 'k', then the supposed sphere of adumbration's rather narrow, and outcomes somewhat vague.

If this is just an excuse to make broad generalization, then carry on, but to the underlying point it would appear that most amateurs are exactly that, amateurs, which flood and infest every interest, like WWII history or science journalism.

So just to be clear you haven't got any evidence to prove that any of this is real.

Well that's exactly what I expected

Nope.

What's the file structure for both in the mega?

unfalsifiable, pseudoscientific, confirmation bias laden trash

>you haven't got any evidence to prove that any of this is real.
I mean, we're on shitpost website. Any photography or video is open to claims of obvious manipulation.

Wanna meet for coffee sometime and/or run any number of the experiments from the source texts yourself?

It always amuses me when the purveyors of scientism are always eager to tell some batshit tinfoiler who won't do a simple experiment to do a simple experiment but recoil when you suggest they try the same with a rite from a 15th C. manuscript.

Teabo Manuscript, over in the Shamanic folder; it's good shit.

Well, the vast majority of ethnography is a taxonomic observation endeavor. And if you wanna argue with folks like Brill with massive international academic reputations, be my guest, but I doubt you'll get far.

>no I can't prove any of this and it's your fault: The Post

Welp I tried

When hypnosis works, is it confirmation bias?

Well noted.

Yeah except Thelema's motto is "the method of science; the aim of religion." I still don't get why people follow it when Crowley failed so spectacularly in his mission, just like Theosophy before him. Like holy shit, it's just as bad as people that still read osho books even after the whole rajneeshpuram scandal.

Prove...what exactly?
I never made a claim in need of substantiation.

I posted a text repository.

Moreover, I made the offer to meet you for ritual. I can't do much more than that unless you think of something more novel than a/v.

None of the shit I want the most appears to have been digitized. You should hunt down "The Devil in the Land of the Holy Cross".

utpress.utexas.edu/books/soudev

>That's University of Texas Press, again, to show the whiners how massive of an academic sphere esoterica actually is.

>the method of science; the aim of religion
I have 11 plus volumes of well recorded ritual notes including variable like weather, planetary position, etc.

>Crowley failed so spectacularly in his mission
Which was...what exactly?

I just find it telling that a man who has such an extensive hobby and so many ancient manuscripts and who obviously devotes so much effort to all this doesn't have a lick of evidence.

It seems to be edgy christianity lol

Prove any part of it.

You earlier mentioned an evocation... sorry evokation lol well what were you evoking?

How does the evoked entity manifest itself?

Is it just similar to intensive prayer or do you actually achieve concrete and tangible results?

I simply asked for any evidence at all. I'm not choosy. But you have nothing it seems but an invitation for me to come pray with you.

>edgy christianity

>ethnographies of Amazonian peoples and descriptions of their ritual/social practices

A suggestion for your collection

Posting the library in Veeky Forums always funny to see people FREAK OUT over how it's not actually provable. When all Ape is doing is collecting and maintaining a library for reference.

All the source texts have been very helpful as the starting point of my research in cognition and perception and are constantly confirmed by current studies.

I'll invite you to my office to come sit down and shut up so we can get to the root of who hurt you and why you express it on a hungarian shoelace collecting symposium.

>doesn't have a lick of evidence.
>Prove...what exactly?
>I never made a claim in need of substantiation.
>Moreover, I made the offer to meet you for ritual. I can't do much more than that unless you think of something more novel than a/v.
If you don't want to take me up on the offer, that's not on me.

>It seems to be edgy christianity lol
Yes, that's exactly what Warao shamanism is.

You're right.
I have nothing.
I'm not posting to prove anything to anyone, or convert anyone to anything.
I don't finish my rites with a camera in my hand breathlessly waiting for the smallest result, for aforementioned reasons, not to mention I don't recall that being a part of any ritual replication I'm running.

If you're actually curious, then we can have some discourse over the next couple questions. If you're just here to complain and/or fuckpost, the only person who is wasting their time is you.

>Which was...what exactly?
I like how you resort to vague answers just to avoid making any claims that require to be backed up.

I'd imagine Crowley didn't see himself dying a penniless drug addict. I'd imagine with all his talk about ushering in the new aeon, he would have liked to have founded a religion that isn't fading slowly into obscurity with a few scattered lodges around the world consisting of edgy teenagers and middle aged larpers.

>Asking for any evidence is FREAKING OUT

lol sorry to trigger the wizards so hard

That's actually pretty funny

You want evidence that people have spiritual practices? Go outside.

Toth is a practitioner but as this is Veeky Forums he is posting it for the historical benefit. Even then Toth rarely talks about his own spirituality / path, he just manages the library.

tl;dr - he doesn't need evidence because he has nothing to prove.

All right, what was the result of your evokation involving semen and period blood?

What goals did you perform it to achieve and do you consider them achieved?

Oh no, I just want proof that it's anything more than mental masturbation.

Or, as is so often the case with Thelema, organized public masturbation.

Neat, thank you.

I mean I also go out of my way to leave MY results out of it and encourage individuals to feel free to reject it all as bullshit, but only if they've performed the experiments themselves and found them to be wanting.

>research in cognition and perception and are constantly confirmed by current studies.
I love my neurotheology collection.

>why you express it on a hungarian shoelace collecting symposium.
Don't make me cancel my Bhutanese carpet weaving round-table. I'm chairing the lecture series on dye phenomenology.

Neat history fail.
He'd been clean for about nine months or so when he'd died. If he'd had been as addicted as is often asserted, withdraws at his age shoulda killed him.

>penniless
Died with a lockbox of cash under his bed a Netherwood, a retirement home for academics.

>nded a religion that isn't fading slowly into obscurity with a few scattered lodges around the world
Local bodies have been on the rise for the last like ten years, despite all oddds.

>edgy teenagers and middle aged larpers.
Most Thelemites I interact with on a daily basis are professionals.

I improved my concentration and increased my HF and LF heart rate variability through yoga and worked through most of my shitty childhood leading to me being a more positive and self-actualized person capable of lasting relationships and career success.

Good to know that if I'd have taken the psychological route with a breakdown of the rites of IA through LA in the Dragon Book of Essex that would have been dismissed outright, beyond the succession of more complex results therefrom.

In any case the Column rites from early midsummer through the Fall Equinox should suffice for you at this point.

It's what I did. And why. And more or less have appeared to have gotten many/most of the results, insomuch as actually understand them.

inb4 "anecdotal"

Wow this is so much better than the thread usually is on /x/. I don't have shit to contribute because I am high af on opiates but God bless you Ape I'm gonna bump anyway

Talk to me once you start levitating, predicting the future, reading minds, or any of the outlandish siddhis yoga claims that can't be attributed to purely psychological phenomena.

Naw I'm open-minded.

You used yoga to achieve better health and the use of thelema brought you to a more grounded positive mental state and helped you work through past trauma.

I can accept that. No harm in it.

I try mate.
>mfw I remember I have poppy pods for tea

>predicting the future, reading minds,
I'm a statistician and social psychologist, that's child's play.

It wasn't directly thelema, but having all the praxis laid out and a framework for it helped.

>I'm a statistician and social psychologist, that's child's play.
lol irl
>I have program analysis tomorrow, one step before doctoral stats.

I like Thelema as a practical meta-philosophy.

I admit this is all above my head.

But then my Catholic friend often goes right over my head as well. And he's deeply devoted.

Fuck SPSS.

Hey what do you weirdos think about these people's in Heavens Gate? Is there anything to that shit but just UFO nonsense?

youtube.com/watch?v=DjEASk89JZI

The vast majority of it is building toward 'inner' work.

KU-LA gets real practical with some enemy retribution protocols to slip in your pocket that I've tried to decent effect.

I saw some....thing (shatner.wav) during the TAN rite that I don't really grok. Seen it a few times. Talked about it on /x/. My notes refer to it as a manananggal.

Many of the waypoints have come to pass but I need to go deeper, hence my ZHA reconstruction I'm planning over the Equinox.

>Equinox
Solstice, pardon.

I use SOFA stats.
And excel.
Because nine tenths of work environments won't have an SPSS license unless you're THE stats guy, which, yeah, I won't be. (Grades are stellar. Just no.)

Batshit.

>implying I pay for SPSS

So Catholics have their RCIA study group to bring new members up to speed how does one begin exploration of Thelema?

Or does one just walk into the nearest OTO lodge and ask?

Also, his true is it that OTO has it's roots in European Freemasonry?

I actually love these people even though I don't believe in that nonsense because it is a great example of how all it takes is two true believers to start a world changing cult

>Or does one just walk into the nearest OTO lodge and ask?
Look 'em up on the internet and shoot your local body an email first.

Read. Everything's online (mostly).

Yes, very much so. Roots going through Martinism, German Lodges. Memphis & Mizraim; much of it's in the library under Freemasonry, which needs a cleanup, but there's only so much I can do, in some senses.

>all those 8s

I guess that confirms it only takes 2 to make a cult. I recall in my anthropological studies there being a concept of the "cult of 2" regarding romance, as though romantic endeavors were a fundamental source of religious culture. Can't say that would surprise me that much either

What is the best way to overcome the Qlipoth and break the power of the Shells?

tikkun olam obviously

Bump for interest