youtube.com/watch?v=hpGyQeBAh8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=s0K3vEBG3sk
youtube.com/watch?v=xlWKusYj8uU&list=PLtyHdq7RpiuUfa5ppDLbLUxOQ1_zqJzSP
youtube.com/watch?v=3s1t0hrl4pE&t=1091s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Utilitarianism

The first 2 alien movies

Traditionalist Christian Monarchism
Take the bread pill, user. It's almost Easter.

Weak. What makes the people worth serving/saving?

I'm interested. How do you know your God?

Why?

Which themes?

Ancient Astronauts.

Can this be topped?

Because Zoroastrianism was one of the most practical philosophies uniting the largest empires in human history, it promotes kindness and doing good - though knowing all variables and being wise. This promotes not only "moral" action but also encourages the followers to understand as much about their environment as possible to make "good" decisions, the philosophy also postulates that if you cannot discern the parameters or variables of a decision you should abstain from that decision - urging caution and patience. It also has fostered one of the most successful warrior cultures in the world while still keeping civil intellectual roots.

Also Zoroastrianism is the official culture of Veeky Forums

The philosophy of humans as the conscious ego of the universe.

misanthropy

Alien and Aliens, before all the stupid shit in Alien3 and Alien Resurrection, and certainly excluding Prometheus

Forgiveness

Impressive. Very nice.

Can you match above's sustainability?

Exploitable. How do you define boundaries on those who seek to capitlize on your forgiveness, with no intentions of remorse?

>you on the right

Which philosophies within the Alien and Aliens films are worthy of being lauded as humanity's finest?

Kittens are okay.

The best philosophy is no philosophy

Absurdism

Shamanism

I was in that thread, I want it to be our next forced meme. /zoroaster/ general when?

>Which philosophies within the Alien and Aliens films are worthy of being lauded as humanity's finest?
The philosophy is watching Aliens and Alien, and disregarding all other movies associated with the franchise

Stoicism

>mfw
You all perish.

What are it's tenements, beyond being a practice?

Nah lad

*teleports behind you* etc

Soon, esoteric persia-boo posting
Does this mean that Zoroastrianism has the backing of the engineers? We could really use your advanced weaponry against the Sternerfags in the next Veeky Forums memewar

The Sternerfags disappear when asked about the sustainability of it

Zoropill isn't the worst, unless anyone can state why it is

Epicureanism.
Freedom from anxiety, contentment and happiness in simplicity, friendship and philosophy are preeminent.
It's the philosophy where the best thing is essentially having wine, bread, and cheese with your good friends while discussing philosophy on a sunny day in a garden.

Is it strange that, although I am Agnostic, I really like Zoroastrianism?

The idea of teaching morals, wisdom, caution, and patience really appeals to me. And the environmentalist aspect especially.

Epicureanism doesn't deal well with existential despair well because it's a form of hedonism and pleasure and pain are morally neutral and transitory. You can be free from anxiety so long as you are economically and socially secure, upon losing these things the only logical next step is to kys

Stoicism advocates for that same freedom from anxiety, but within a virtue ethics framework that develops a sense of spiritual fulfillment that the hedonistic philosophy of Epicureanism simply can't unless you're a narcissist or do boatloads of drugs.

I would also recommend joining a religious community of some kind in combination with Stoicism. Pick a religion that you find aesthetic with a cultural heritage you can connect with

Hello! Im a different stirner fag, im on my phone so please forgive any punctuation or spelling errors. Im doing my absolute best!

First of all stirner himself wasnt concerned about sustainability. And he didnt propose a system either. Instead he merely pointed out the fallacies of government, morality, spooks, etc. Removing these things would allow for the maximum human expression and embrace of the material world.

So stirner is more like, your justifier of removing these spooks from society by means of personal liberation and insurrection. The political structures that follow are up to you essentially.

Personally i cant fucking stand communists so i propose an anarcho mutualist society with a decentralized market run on labour notes. Fucking commies dont understand market economics and its so very upsetting. A mutualist economy also frees workers from slave mentality and menial labour. Think of the economic benefits of abandoning slave labour on a massive scale.

I hope that helped in some small capacity

You really haven't studied epicureanism, have you? Epicurean Hedonism isn't just doing every little thing you think is fun and gluttoning out. The greatest pleasures are intellectual pursuits, living simply and being thankful and fully appreciating something as small as a fresh baked loaf of bread. Epicurus teaches that not only does nature provide enough for us, but those who always want more will be satisfied with nothing. If for a man sufficiency is too little, nothing will be sufficient. An epicurean has friends, work, and the earth to provide him with everything he needs.
Freedom from anxiety comes in two forms:
When you die your atoms disperse, you don't feel anything anymore and there are no gods that want to punish you.
Also, you're free from the tumult of politics and interpersonal strife that comes from interacting too much with worldly power.

I know the difference between Epicureanism and Cyrenaicism. Both are reliant on some degree of material security and do little to protect people from existential despair in people who seek a greater metaphysical sense of meaning.

Plus, dont know if you were in previous thread but this is definitely worthy of a Veeky Forums anthem
Also Engineer OP you should give this a listen - it might convince you to not try to wipe out mankind like in Prometheus
youtube.com/watch?v=hpGyQeBAh8Q

Could you enlighten me on the sciences and philosophies that prospered under Zoroastrianism?

What books I can read about Zoroastrianism?

The ancient Persian leaders worked hard to ensure their empire succeeded. To do this, they invented their own taxation system and various universal laws to encourage cooperation from the people. They also standardized weights and developed a mail delivery system. The mail delivery system was a major communication route for the leaders and the people of the empire. Throughout time, many Persians made major contributions to science and medicine
>Many of the today’s concepts in Science including Helio-Centric model of solar system, finite speed of light, and gravity were first proposed by Persian scientists.
>Later in the 10th century, Abu Bakr Muhammad Bin Zakaria Razi is considered the founder of practical physics and the inventor of the special or net weight of matter. His student, Abu Bakr Joveini, wrote the first comprehensive medical book in Persian language.
>Tusi believed that a body of matter is able to change but is not able to disappear entirely. He wrote “a body of matter cannot disappear completely. It only changes its form, condition, composition, color, and other properties, and turns into a different complex or elementary matter”. *cough cough thermodynamics*
>Jaber Ibn Hayyam, the famous Iranian chemist who died in 804 at Tous in Khorasan, was the father of a number of discoveries recorded in an encyclopedia and of many treatises covering two thousand topics, and these became the bible of European chemists of the 18th century, particularly of Lavoisier.
>Abu Ali al-Hassan ibn al-Haytham is known as the father of optics for his writings on, and experiments with, lenses, mirrors, refraction, and reflection. He correctly stated that vision results from light that is reflected into the eye by an object, not emitted by the eye itself and reflected back From his studies of refraction, he determined that the atmosphere has a definite height and that twilight is caused by refraction of solar radiation from beneath the horizon.

I'm not sure I can give you a great source on this, I'm a university student with a minor in history so most of my knowledge came from individual chapters in textbooks and general world/middle eastern history books.

However there is a TON of information on it on youtube, including a really neat episode with Morgan Freeman(the cannon voice of god) exploring Zoroastrianism and explaining the religion. I my self will probably be looking into books which are specifically about the religion - but for now youtube and a simple google search offer a ton of information on the subject.

Morgan Freeman: youtube.com/watch?v=s0K3vEBG3sk

Zoroastrian playlist: youtube.com/watch?v=xlWKusYj8uU&list=PLtyHdq7RpiuUfa5ppDLbLUxOQ1_zqJzSP

Zoroastrian theology meets philosophy: youtube.com/watch?v=3s1t0hrl4pE&t=1091s

Why? Fuck you first of. Second: If you have the power to end my existence why do you care in which color I painted it? Especially if its fucking nihilism

Dude, read some Auguste Comte and his Church of Humanity shit, stuffs hella sick

>"If you have the power to kill me, I expect you to"
You can have death if you will it

I agree with most of these contentions

What is between Epicureanism and Stoicism? Not as ball-busting as Stoicism, not as gay as Epicureanism?

Stoicism worked out pretty well for us. It permeates our society as much as Christianity.

this

Are stoicism and zoroastrianism the final earth pills? Tell me their flaws, inherent and emergent

I know you stoicbois are hypocritical as fuck

shitting in your hands and then eating the shit

just b urself man

femboy esotericism

Stoicism is focused on virtue, Epicureanism is focused on pleasure (in a refined, philosophical sense) and freedom from anxiety.
Stoicism teaches to accept fate for what it is and focus on the only thing you can control, namely your own mind and responses. Then you will be unconquerable.
Epicureanism sees the world as totally material and teaches finding pleasure in simplicity. All pleasure is good, but many pleasures (say drunkenness) have painful, negative consequences (that fucking hangover the next morning) so they need to find pleasures with no or minimal downsides (friendship, temperance, gardening, philosophy)

A Stoic sage is the epitome of virtue and fortitude, doing his duty and controlling his emotions. An ideal Epicurean is thankful for even the simplest thing and spends his time cultivating deep friendships while removed from the political upheavals of the world.

The old /b/ philosophy.

rejection of pretentious ideas and enjoying the beauty

no, fuck you

Whatever Paul Blarts life philosophy is