Biz related adv question:

Biz related adv question:

My boyfriend of a year currently has a decent job and paying mortgage for a house. He rents out one of the rooms to alleviate the mortgage costs. He has a secondary room and has been half joking about me renting from him. I feel like this is a bad deal on my behalf. would you rent if you had intentions of staying with someone long term? jI feel very awkward dealing with money, so I don't know how to go on about this. avoid all together? rent? or add myself to the mortgage at a later stage (too soon for this type of commitment at the moment), if so when?

also, I was planning on investing in crypto for another year before committing to any big payments.

Tits or gtfo

Tell your boyfriend it would be a lose lose situation. If you ad your own bed in the house you could sleep there instead of in his bed.

Could get awkward if you break up and you have a contractual obligation to stay there.

Your boyfriend is being a real Jew trying to take your money btw.

not OP, but here in australia if you stay with somebody else for something like >6 months in a relationship, regardless of marriage, if you end up financially dependent on them then technically you qualify for support from the partner once you split up.

its fucked up. i know. so if anything boyfriend is being safe, by making her pay rent, technically she isnt living with him (i.e. financially independent)

>Your boyfriend is being a real Jew trying to take your money btw.
This. If you marry him, does the rent transfer to partial ownership? What the fuck is he thinking getting mixed up in this shit.

yeah thats what I thought. It would be nice to start off fresh and mortgage a house together. I like him a lot though. I should stay away from money issues right? feels very dirty to deal with, and I'm self sufficient at the moment (with secret crypto gainz)

I have lived with my girlfriend for years and we're both fully committed to marrying within 2 years. We do not go into any joint financial investments and will not until we are actually married.

I just said I'm in a more financially stable position than him with no serious fiscal obligations (ascetic lifestyle). He's being pushy about the renting issue. I would rather not live together and stay there like twice a week, until I can think of a better solution.

dude seriously?

He wants to be with you. He doesn't want a leech.

You should pay your half of the mortgage and contribute to the household, you lazy bum. Nobody eats for free.

>beware

>marriage is a contract with. GOVERNMENT.

>you can perfectly be together with another contract at a notary office

>just don't get married.
>THANK ME LATER.

You're a bitch.

So you eat his food too?

Pay for your room, if you think your bf is to cheap for you, break up and get someone that'd pay for your way.

It isn't wrong, most couples, y'know what, end up paying for the mortgage, utilities and food bills together.

It is totally one sided for him to pay for everything and you bitch about not contributing.

I think it's best to avoid this situation and live somewhere else.

What kind of small dick cuck bf ask his girlfriend to pay for the rent of a room lol

haha what the fuck, this is the weirdest shit ever. is your boyfriend a jew?

>living with your boyfriend
>in separate rooms

find a new bf

Offer to pay the utilities bills

Instead you should cheat on him and get caught on purpose and if he asks for an explanation, tell him it was because he was a little faggot about money.

this is why I don't get....it's another room? like, a separate room?

what?

invest in crypto, dump bf if he no agrees

This.

Let me just once again elaborate that I don't need someone to take care of me. I'm en route to good career and I'm a minimalist that invests carefully. I buy nice things only when on sale etc. I currently rent near my work but was planning on moving in with my parents and save for a year. I like him but this is very sketchy and is making me think the worst. Please confirm my suspicion

>sketchy and is making me think the worst
not sure if that's the case but he's a fucking jewbag idiot who sees you as either a financial burden or an investment.

>I like him but this is very sketchy and is making me think the worst. Please confirm my suspicion

he wants to take a year's worth of rent then murder you and rent the room out to someone else?

t. people who have never been in a relationship

You don't live in a symbiosis with your partner, you still need private spaces and time 'off' from eachother, or it gets suffucating
Even if you sleep together it's still good to have your own room to do whatever with

The latter.

He's not pressuring me to avoid me being a leech, he's pressuring me because he's struggling. I want to help but money fucks relationships up right?

tell him np and he can pay you for blowjobs

What a sad world we live in. Marriage is such a one sided thing that now not only men but women tiptoe around forming relationships.

What are you on about cheezeball. I thiught this was biz

>I want to help but money fucks relationships up right?
Not sure where you got this from.

1) you say "half joking" so maybe he wasn't that serious about it
2) maybe he doesn't care so much about the rent and just wanted to bring up the possibility of you moving in with him
3) if anything's bothering you just talk with him about it, instead of asking on a filipino mandala colouring BBS

it would be a completely different scenario if we were both renting - of course, it should be equal.

i will not contribute to someone's mortgage. I don't need a place to stay, and I'm carefully saving my money. How does no one agree that this is a terrible financial decision ????

You eat his food, consume his energy and probably sleep at his place 2-5 days a week and you said you earn more than him

Maybe offer to pay bills+food if you move in, as opposed to paying a portion of the mortgage ?

If you don't live together don't pay shit.

If you want to live together, then pay 0.5[mortgage-(rent the nigger pays)].
Then both of you can decide on whether you want to rent the other room. If you go for this I'd wait 2-3 months before starting to pay. During that period divide the daily expenses, such as groceries, dinner, et cetera.

Paying your boyfriend to rent a room feels like an awkward arrangement.

p.s.Tits would be nice, even in a bra.

>How does no one agree that this is a terrible financial decision ????
Of course if you can manipulate someone into giving you shit for free, paying for that same shit is a bad financial decision. If that's all that matters to you, go right ahead.

Renting from homeowner in a real estate downmarket. Lets not get sentimental now.

>I feel like this is a bad deal on my behalf. would you rent if you had intentions of staying with someone long term?
sure it is a bad deal. A golddigger like you can certainly find a cuck willing to pay for your ass.

If you live somewhere full time, you pay your share!

My gf moved in with me just this weekend, and I'm not a dick, so I won't collect money for the few remaining days of this month, but come next month, she's writing me a check for half of the rent each month. I didn't even have to ask her for it, it was she who brought it up, because that's the decent thing to do.

God damn dude ur hustlin her hard.

Thanks for reminding us all that women are breathing garbage

Boyfriend and girlfriend don't pay rent to each other. You are half way to being a married couple and this means you AT LEAST share expenses. If you pay rent, he is basically your prostitute.

Why?
If I had moved in her place, I would have done the same.

Fuck off to Reddit where you can spew mawkish advice that turns into humble brags. Do you really think a grill that lurks this side of the net is a gold digger? REEEEEEEEEEEEE

As a man who owns his own house I would never sell it or allow anyone else on the mortgage of the house. It serves as a good rental if I get married and buy a family house and is my fallback house if things fall apart.

I don't think renting from someone is a bad idea. I've had my partners pay rent when they've lived with me before, it worked to our mutual benefit because what I asked for was less than they would pay elsewhere. You can't expect to live with someone for the first time by just buying a house together. You need to know what it's like to live with someone every day before you do something like that.

You need to sit down and have a conversation about all of this, but him being strapped for cash isn't a legitimate reason for you to start renting from him. You should move in if and when the relationship is ready for it.

I honestly fail to see why renting from him strikes you as such a negative though. Also he's an idiot for buying a house he can't afford.

>Fuck off to Reddit
If anything, you sound like the redditor…
Maybe its a cultural difference?
If you live somewhere full time, you pay part.
And in my example, we are both better off financially than we where before (two ~500€ flats vs. one 700€ one), so what's not to like?
And if I'd move back in with my parents for more than just 1 month or 2, I would also pay part of the expenses.

He's a smart man.

Having a hole between ya fkn legs entitles you to virtually all of the mans hard earned work

Get ya fkn tits out

To clarify, personally I'd be fine with a partner spending a two or three nights over, but I would expect rent if she started basically living there.

That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks user.

I don't live with him and I'm renting with plans to buy my own flat In a years time. I think it's too big of a commitment not to mention financially irresponsible.

If you aren't ready to live together, then you aren't ready to live together. I read somewhere above you said you were going to try to save while living with parents. I'm sure that the implication that you'd rather do that than live with him hurts his ego, particularly if he is the kind of guy that wants to live together, but I'd be fine with that. I assume you'd save more doing that than renting from him, right? You need to make sure he understands that.

If i had a partner buying their own place, it would mean that when one of us moves in with the other (to gauge live in compatibility) then that person would have a fall back property and in the instance of buying a third property (ie the "forever home", we would have two rentals to supplement income down the line)

Plus whoever moves in just rents their house and the mortgage pays itself.

Out of curiousity, how old are you user? And at what age were you able to buy your first property?

I am 24. I bought my house about 15 months ago at 23. I was able to afford it because I rented from a retired friend of family for $300 a month, plus shoveling the driveway and doing her yardwork during not winter, and driving her to medical appointments on the weekend when she needed it. We both benefited from the situation. I lived there for a year before I had enough to feel comfortable pulling the trigger.

Nice!!! I'm inspired

Finances are incredibly simplistic. If you draw your budget it's basically just a matter of time.

Good luck resolving your situation and with you potential purchase.

Easy fix: if she moves in, she pays 100% for all food and fixes it.
Id be game with that.
Not sure if that would protect for commonlaw shit, though.