What does exiled nobility even do?

What does exiled nobility even do?

When the French Nobility ran from the Revolution, when the Russian Nobility ran from their own revolution, what did they do in the countries they went to?

Where they still nobles? Did they just live off the charity of other nobles? Were they given power in the countries that still had nobles?

Norway's nobility also being example

Just because they were exiled doesn't mean they weren't still incredibly rich, some were given power and/or money by their host nation but most just bought a comfy townhouse in the city and spent their time reading books, going to the opera, theatre and parties, they were basically NEETs

For the French nobility, it depended on who they were, how much money they had overseas, whether or not they were active politically, and where they ended up fleeing to.

If you had your own money, or you were popular enough that someone (like wealthy family or friends or even royalty) would pay for your lodgings, then you just continued your existence in another country. Some of these nobles ended up going from place to place, basically leeching for a time until their benefactor told them they needed to leave.

Nobility who did not have their own significant source of money outside France and couldn't find patronage had to work. Women often began working as hatmakers, seamstresses, language teachers, dance tutors, or opened schools or boarding houses. Men worked as tailors, teachers and tutors, opened shops and restaurants, etc.

Exiled nobility from France basically created their own little "little France" pockets in areas of England and the rest of Europe.

In some areas, particularly Austria, Rome and Russia, counter-revolutionary sentiment was emboldened by the presence of exiled royalty (or rather, fled French royalty) who were building up armies of exiled French men along with soldiers from the European powers.

After a few years, most countries had tired of the presence of French emigres, particularly those who expected to be kept up by the government. Even the exiled royals ended up being downgraded to a contextually shabby old home, compared to previously being lodged in palaces and stately homes owned by European royalty. It didn't help that the shakeups of 1793-1814 radically changed Europe and made it occasionally politically unwise to house French emigres or royals.

Why do Europeans piss on their own heritage in such flagrant displays of self-flagellation?

>Oh why are we the most successful race?!
*whips self*
>I'M SORRY, I'M SO SORRY!
*whips self*
>I'M SO SORRY FOR PHILOSOPHY!
*whips*
>SORRY FOR ART!
*whips*
>SORRY FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY!
*whips*
>SORRY FOR ECONOMY!
*whips*
>SORRY FOR MILITARY EMPOWERMENT!
*whips*
>SORRY OF MODERN MEDICINE!
*whips*
>SORRY FOR THE STEAM ENGINE!
*whips*
>SORRY FOR THE CAR!
*whips*
>SORRY FOR...

What are you even talking about?

>It didn't help that the shakeups of 1793-1814 radically changed Europe and made it occasionally politically unwise to house French emigres or royals.

Removing nobility or royalty in the first place, sure, it may be unwise to give them power. That's when you opt for a similar deal to contemporary British monarchist rule.

Honestly, all of modern European history (including the Americas, Australia, South Africa) has just seemed like: Concurrently with huge amounts of brainwashing since '45.

For instance, the fact that the majority of the world (including my Indonesian girlfriend) seem to think of imperialism as nothing but negative, without taking any reflection upon the fact that many countries, such as Indonesia and India couldn't have the current levels of:
>Technology
>Healthcare
>Legal rights
Et cetera, that European philosophy, arts and sciences has afforded them and that the only reason they were exposed to them (before many others) is because of imperialism.

Nothing in that rambling incoherent mess you called a response made any sense.

I love it when I see people unironically think like fucking Ignatius J Reily IRL

It's a generational thing, as near as I can tell. Basically a noble is categorically unqualified for most trades, and so adult nobles basically leech, sell off gems and art or engage in modest writing. Noble children who grew up understanding their dwindling fortune take up class appropriate jobs such as military officer, professor, governess, author, or work in medicine, law or finance (more popular now than historically). Just look up a historical noble house+heir on google and check out the wikipedia page for what the current people are doing, it's going to be in that pattern usually.

Well, it isn't my fault if you failed to learn something that five year olds have a basic grasp of, reading comprehension.

No surprises there though, your family were probably too busy teaching you about flower power.

Typical liberal propaganda, no shocks there.

I just found this thread and also want to tell you that your posts aren't coherent, make very little sense and have a resemblance to /pol/ conspiracy theory rambles

Bahahahahahahahahahaha...
Fucking hell, you liberals really have become quite pathetic.
>Honestly, I've honestly just found this thread, honestly, even though, honestly it's been on the FP or around it for quite a while, honestly.
Fuck right off, first of all, if this was a genuine post without deceit, you wouldn't have appended that obvious nonsense.

Look, if you don't care about history, or in this case Western history being destroyed, whatever, go and have fun in the Middle East, Far East, Russia, whereever you want to go.

But Europe doesn't need more pseudo-intellectual 'liberals', who have utterly forgotten than liberalism is supposed to be humanitarian and are too busy being pretentous denialists.

I bet you even like modern art, don't you? You fucking cuck.

And before you start railing of shit like MUH AD HOM, MUH STRAWMAN, MUH FALSE FLAG, MUH AD HOC.

Swaollow a large Muslim dick and hang yourself.

Ta. xoxoxoxoxox

>you liberals
nice delusion thinking only liberals can see your stupidity

>didn't read post
It was aimed at modern liberals, not classical ACTUAL HUMANITARIAN liberals.

But hey, whatever, you went straight for the strawman, with a hint of false flag.

Classic, Duddy Tumblr must be proud.

you sound like a /pol/ user who shares posts on facebook nobody likes

>clearly doesn't know anything about /pol/
Nice attempt, but if you weren't the newfag you so clearly are, you would know that /pol/ actually eschews Facebook because of their sensecensorship (and some because of their founder/CEO being a Jew).

But, no, no, don't let me stop you... go on, keep trying to defend youreself, comrade... tell me about how wonderful Marx is and that capitalism is literally Hitler?

/pol/ with dates was a mistake

>defends /pol/
>accuses others of being newfags
boi am i laffin over here

you've even constructed a strawman of me yourself even though you have absolutely no idea of my political inclinations, because you're so convinced the jews rule the world and only "liberals" disagree with you kek

>assumptions
MAGA became M4SA because of you newfags

Military commanders
Diplo marriages
Patron the arts
Coordinate with Scottish type revolutionaries

Truly being a NEET is the most noble life

>What does exiled nobility even do?
Same thing non-exiled nobility does.

Sit around doing jack shit.

Nobility is usually more useful than modern propaganda wants you to believe.

It really depends on the noble, but in general they mooch off of other nobles (usually ones they're related to) and then either find a place in their new country of fade away and drop in status into the commonfolk after a few generations in exile.

burgers were a mistake

In what ways?

Unless their society has degraded in decadence, the nobility is usually way better educated and more dutiful than the "commoners". They make good officers or elite troops (aka Knights), but can also be useful in civilian offices. This, of course does not really extend to the landed nobility, like Lords.

>M4SA
Make 4 South Africa?
Is a race war coming, brother?

>/pol/ is inherently newfag
>Nah fuck off fag, especially considering Veeky Forums is way newer than /pol/, and that /pol/ is a direct continuation of /new/

The exiled nobility of Ireland generally served in the militaries of various continental armies, particularly in France and Spain.

>SORRY FOR...
going on a hyperautistic and completely unrelated rant? Did you miss your antipsychotics today or something?

more like the greatest son of the west

>Son

Very slow cousin, at best

>hey were basically NEETs
They were that before the revolution, being noble means being NEET

you are a moron for failing to see the topic of discussion which has nothing to do with what you talk about

A lot of them go into finance.

>Unless their society has degraded in decadence, the nobility is usually way better educated and more dutiful than the "commoners".
We can afford to educate and indoctrinate a far larger percentage of the population these days. We benefit from greater access to information. The rise of the nation-state model means we are generally far more loyal to the ideal of nation than we are to an inbred family that is often more related to the leading inbred families on the other side of the border than to it's own subjects.
>They make good officers or elite troops (aka Knights), but can also be useful in civilian offices.
We can afford larger standing armies and larger bureaucracies these days. For generals and managerial clerks, we can rely on promotion of those that display more skill and loyalty.

this is the level of discourse you can expect from polfags

>managing the estate isn't a job

Make Veeky Forums shit again

>What does exiled nobility even do?
They return 50 years later and become prime-ministers

Following the demise of their empire in the face of Muslim Conquest, the heads of the Sassanid Dynasty went into exile in T'ang China.

The last Sassanid Emperor: Peroz III, ended his days as a general of the "Left Flank Guards" of the T'ang Emperor. He was assigned as garrison of the Western Provinces, to fight against desert nomadshits and Muslim Armies.

His son, Prince Narsieh, became a hostage of the T'ang Emperor, was loved by the Li Clan (the Imperial Family of the T'ang dynasty), and became a member of the Imperial Guards- a commander like his father. He married a princess of the T'ang Dynasty and adopted her surname: Li.

The House of Sasan therefore became part of the Li Imperial Clan.

>Sassanids die out from matrilineal marriage
Happens every time with my visigothic Spanish family in CK2 accidentally

Neat.