No general in the last 500 years is more skilled in military strategy than him. Prove me wrong

No general in the last 500 years is more skilled in military strategy than him. Prove me wrong.

Napoleon exists. There's a reason we don't call WW2 "the Mansteinic Era".

cool, what did he do again beside france?

If he was so good, he wouldn't have lost to undermanned and beaten british soldiers and green americans.

Third Kharkov.

Didn't Mannstein only serve on the eastern front front?

that was him? I thought It was Guderian

Shit I'm thinking of Rommel. my bad.

German officers tend to all look the same to me after awhile; I think its the inbreeding.

Nice advance into Kharkov.. shame if something were to happen to it...

No, it was him. Guderian didn't even ahve a field command at the time.

>"Hitler must have paid him compliments about his strategic skills during the attack operations, but he also said, "I cannot use you in the South. Field Marshal Model will take over." And Manstein replied, "My Führer ... please believe me when I say I will use all strategic means at my disposal to defend the soil in which my son lies buried..."

he was inspector of the Panzertruppe right?

o/

>German officers tend to all look the same to me after awhile; I think its the inbreeding.

wow, racist much?

Who are the other candidates? I'm new here

>racist
>against germans

Comon man, that would imply they're actually human beings.

Sorry, if you lose the war you command in, you're out of the running for GOAT.

edgy

He was fired and never held a command after 1943 too many fights with Hitler, and was just as politically savvy as the Fuhrer, making him a real threat. Wanted 1943 spent doing what he did at Kharkov on a larger scale, but Hitler ordered Kursk.

>German officers tend to all look the same to me after awhile; I think its the inbreeding.

No, he was fired in March 1944 after failing to hold the German front around the Dniepr.

ITT: Tsundere Anglos wishing Senpai noticed them.

SLIM
L
I
M

First-rate general on a third-rate front.

Go back to Princeton Czar Wilson!

tfw no epic Lettow and Slim team up, fucking up the Japs.

Autism

Model is based though

one of the most underrated commander in the war

WW2 memes aside, if you thing Meinstein is the best general of THE LAST 500 YEARS you must be a retard who doesn't know history. Whatever tactics he used were made by the brilliant people that invented them, even going back to the ancient era.

not criticizing the replacement in any way, just got some feels from a grieving father.