What's the history of the Illuminati? Is it connected to the Freemasons?

What's the history of the Illuminati? Is it connected to the Freemasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

lewismasonic.co.uk/the-secret-school-of-wisdom-the-authentic-rituals-and-doctrine-of-the-illuminati.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hold on gimmie a second.
First of all there is one and only one book which is the full English translations of the rites and doctrines.

It's called "Secret School of Wisdom" through Lewis Masonic. My copy got DMCA'd.

lewismasonic.co.uk/the-secret-school-of-wisdom-the-authentic-rituals-and-doctrine-of-the-illuminati.htm

Lemme try to dig up some of my old posts on the topic.

Retellings of the death of Lanz, an Illuminati courier, who was struck by lightning in Abschrift [Apologie, p. 229], illustrate the mythology that has grown up around the history of the Illuminati. Lack of research and a disdain for historical accuracy has led conspiracy theorists to confuse Johann Jakob Lanz, a non-Illuminati secular priest in Erding, and friend of Weishaupt, with Franz Georg Lang, a court advisor in Eichstätt who was active in the Illuminati under the name Tamerlan.

Barruel mistakenly translated "Weltpriester", or secular priest, as apostate priest and subsequent writers such as Webster and Miller have repeated this error. Eckert renamed Weishaupt’s friend as Lanze and had him struck by lightning while carrying dispatches in Silesia. Miller cited Eckert but renamed Lanz as Jacob Lang and placed the lightning strike in Ratisbon. The importance of the papers found on Lanz has also been over-stressed, considering that his death on 10 July 1785 came some time after the first two edicts for suppression — issued on 22 June 1784 and 2 March 1785 — and some time before the mid-October 1786 raids on Zwack and Bassus, and the final edict on 16 August 1787. This is a minor detail in the history but it illustrates the lack of accuracy often displayed by detractors of the Illuminati.

The Prussian Rosicrucians, under Johann Christoph von Wöllner, began a sustained attack on the Illuminati. Wöllner had a specially engineered room in which he convinced potential patrons of the effectiveness of Rosicrucian "magic", and his order had acquired effective control of the Three Globes and its attached lodges. Through this mouthpiece, the Illuminati were accused of Atheism and revolutionary tendencies. In April 1783 Frederick the Great informed Charles of Hesse that the Berlin lodges had documents belonging to the Minervals or Illuminati which contained appalling material, and asked if he had heard of them. All Berlin masons were now warned against the order, which was now accused of Socinianism, and of using the liberal writings of Voltaire and others, alongside the tolerance of Freemasonry, to undermine all religion. In November 1783 the Three Globes described the Illuminati as a masonic sect which sought to undermine Christianity and turn Freemasonry into a political system. Their final anathema, in November 1784, refused to recognise any Illuminati as Freemasons.

In Austria, the Illuminati were blamed for anti-religious pamphlets that had recently appeared. The Rosicrucians spied on Joseph von Sonnenfels and other suspected Illuminati, and their campaign of denunciation within Freemasonry completely shut down Illuminati recruitment in Tyrol.

The Bavarian Illuminati, whose existence was already known to the Rosicrucians from an informant, were further betrayed by the reckless actions of Ferdinand Maria Baader, an Areopagite who now joined the Rosicrucians. Shortly after his admission it was made known to his superiors that he was one of the Illuminati, and he was informed that he could not be a member of both organisations. His letter of resignation stated that the Rosicrucians did not possess secret knowledge, and ignored the truly Illuminated, specifically identifying Lodge Theodore as an Illuminati Lodge.

Robison freely admitted that he had scanty knowledge of German and had derived all his information from other writers. (Postscript of Proofs, p. 2.)

Unfortunately neither he nor Barruel were concerned with providing references for their sources. When they do quote from the papers and correspondence of the Order as published by the Bavarian government or the published works of Adam Weishaupt and Adolph Knigge, they also fail to provide context or citations.

Neither Robison nor Barruel deny that the professed goal of the Order was to teach people to be happy by making them good — to do this by enlightening the mind and freeing it from the dominion of superstition and prejudice. But they refused to accept this at face value. Where Weishaupt and Knigge promoted a freedom from church domination over philosophy and science, Robison and Barruel saw a call for the destruction of the church. Where Weishaupt and Knigge wanted a release from the excesses of state oppression, Robison and Barruel saw the destruction of the state. Where Weishaupt and Knigge wanted to educate women and treat them as intellectual equals, Robison and Barruel saw the destruction of the natural and proper order of society.

Barruel and Robison fail to provide any conclusive link between the Bavarian Illuminati and French Freemasonry, much less find a cause of the Revolution in Paris lodges. They display a great ignorance of the actual and documented workings of Freemasonry at the time, and, in support of their arguments, have made many demonstrably false statements.

Although both Barruel's and Robison's claims have been discredited, many, more contemporary, writers who rely on their books are still accepted as authorities.

Illuminism aka Perfectibilism was broken into three tiers. The nursery or introductory degrees essentially had you drilling and writing papers on classical thinkers and topics. The next tier was a revision of Freemasonry. The final tier was a series of lectures on Weishaupt's Docetism, actually well justified by Biblical quote, and the implications this has on secular humanism and its cause.

For more than two hundred years, the world has held a prejudiced view of the Illuminati. Much has been claimed for and against the Order - its name synonymous with secrecy, intrigue, and mystery in the modern context, despite a poverty of concrete evidence in the English language. Little has been said about the factual structure and development through its life cycle. The Secret School of Wisdom - The Authentic Rituals and Doctrines of the Illuminati, is a ground-breaking text. It marks the first time that a comprehensive ritual book for the society has been re-assembled. Every degree, its instruction and associated texts, has been included and assembled in chronological order of progression. The reader is guided along the same path as many of Germany's most enlightened men, as they were in the years immediately prior to the French Revolution.

For further clarification on the Freemasonic question; after going through a set of heavily summarized set of Freemasonic themed rituals, the initiate was informed he was entering a secret society within a secret society

You know, I'm sorry that history triggers you, but if you haven't noticed we're on a history board, and I've not only got the source documents in High German, but also am posting pages from the introduction to the English edition alongside of cute little comics someone made using the text.

So contribute or fuck off.

>Ape of Thoth unironically believes in an anti-semitic conspiracy theory

Goddamnit. I liked you too.

Wait, I take that back, I'm a fucking idiot and spook too soon.

Do what?
What about Perfectibilism is anti-Semetic aside from the policy of Christians only?

Did you miss the part where I debunked each popular Perfectibilist conspiracy of survival and/or influence of the French Revolution?

Did you read literally anything I posted in the slightest?

Anyway that's it for pages.

Yeah, I spoke too soon. When people start talking about the Illuminati, 9 times out of 10 it's an anti-semitic conspiracy theory that may or may not include reptilians. For some reason I took a cursory glance at what you were posting and made that leap. Sorry dude.

Anyway I can go and post the debunk of that tired old WW3 quote supposedly by Pike too since I'm mostly out of good material.

In particular, in his book, Woman and child in Universal Freemasonry, de la Rive wrote three paragraphs that he laid to Albert Pike, which he sourced in a footnote to Diana Vaughn, Léo Taxil's fictitious creation. This writing is part of the texts that Clarin de la Rive recanted, and said that they should not be considered to have ever existed. The text in mention:

>That which we must say to the world is that we worship a god, but it is the god that one adores without superstition. To you, Sovereign Grand Inspectors General, we say this, that you may repeat it to the brethren of the 32nd, 31st and 30th degrees: The masonic Religion should be, by all of us initiates of the higher degrees, maintained in the Purity of the Luciferian doctrine. If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay and his priests calumniate him?

>Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay is also god. For the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two gods; darkness being necessary for light to serve as its foil as the pedestal is necessary to the statue, and the brake to the locomotive....

No actual edition of Morals and Dogma contains this. Or the WWIII bullshit either.

Notice the quotes attributed to Carr, who in turn is supposedly citing Pike verbatim. Although there is no citation from Haupt, e.g. book and page number, it was pretty easy to track down from where it had originated. “The First World War must…,” “The Second World War must…,” and “The Third World War must…,” is a paraphrased excerpt from William Guy Carr’s book, Pawns in the Game, pp. xv-xvi (a reprint of the 1958 edition). Only Carr doesn’t use quotes to signal a direct quote from the letter, as Haupt had deemed necessary to insert all by himself. The former does indeed claim that three world wars was prophesied in the letter, but he doesn’t actually go so far as to put quotations around it so as to definitively attribute those specific words as occurring verbatim in said letter.

Carr maintains a curious middle ground. Observe the following:

Between 1859, and 1871, he worked out the details of a military blue-print, for three world wars, and three major revolutions which he considered would further the conspiracy to its final stage during the twentieth century.

[…] Pike’s plan was as simple as it has proved effective. He required that Communism, Naziism, Political Zionism, and other International movements be organized and used to foment the three global wars and three major revolutions. The first world war was to be fought so as to enable the Illuminati to overthrow the powers of the Tzars in Russia and turn that country into the stronghold of Atheistic-Communism. The differences stirred up by agentur of the Illuminati between the British and German Empires were to be used to foment this war. After the war ended, Communism was to be built up and used to destroy other governments and weaken religions.

World War Two, was to be fomented by using the differences between Fascists and Political Zionists. This war was to be fought so that Naziism would be destroyed and the power of Political Zionism increased so that the sovereign state of Israel could be established in Palestine. During world war two International Communism was to be built up until it equalled in strength that of united Christendom. At this point it was to be contained and kept in check until required for the final social cataclysm. Can any informed person deny Roosevelt and Churchill did not put this policy into effect?

Here we have a direct quote from the elusive letter, and again, with no precise citation – only the assertion that it is held in the British Museum.

Carr, Rodriguez and “The Cause of World Unrest”

Apparently, Carr was called out on this, for in his last book published posthumously in 1959, he finally reveals his source:

Pike explained what is intended to happen in a letter he wrote to his director (Mazzini) of the W.R.M. August 15, 1871. This letter is quoted elsewhere. It is catalogued in the Library of the British Museum, London, England [9] and has been quoted from and referred to by dozens of authorities and students of the W.R.M., including Cardinal Rodriguez of Chile. (See page 118 of The Mysteries of Freemasonry Unveiled, 1925. English translation, 1957.)

[9] The Keeper of manuscripts recently informed the author that this letter is ***NOT*** catalogued in the British Museum Library. It seems strange that a man of Cardinal Rodriguez’s knowledge should have said it WAS in 1925.

– William Guy Carr, Satan: Prince of this World (pdf scan by Haupt), p. 22

Cardinal Rodriguez provided adequate citation for further investigation. Some of the new information gleaned includes the fact, that 1) Carr quoted directly from Rodriguez’ meagre one-paragraph excerpt; 2) the latter mentioned nothing about a prediction of three world wars; and that 3) Carr was confused about exactly what was “catalogued” in the British Museum. Furthermore, it appears that Cardinal Rodriguez was alluding to Le Diable au XIXème Siècle — “its publication” — as being catalogued at the Museum, not the letter itself (as our next source confirms).

We’ll look at the actual “letter” below. For now, however, it will suffice to comment on two things: 1) the confusion over a catalogue in the British Museum has been solved; and 2) the “Nihilists and Atheists” quotes are nearly identical translations from Carr to Rodriguez to the “anonymous” author in The Cause. (There are a few minor discrepancies, but this is surely due to Rodriguez’s book being translated from Spanish to English.):

>“The Cause” (1920) Rodriguez
>“shall unchain the revolutionary Nihilists and Atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm, which will demonstrate clearly to the nations, in all its horror, the effect of absolute unbelief, mother of savagery and of the most bloody disorder. Then, everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the mad minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate these destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned of Christianity, whose deist soul will up to that moment be without compass, thirsting for an ideal, but not knowing where to bestow their worship, will receive the True Light, by the universal manifestation of the pure Luciferian doctrine, at last made public, a manifestation which will arise from the general movement of reaction following the destruction of Atheism and Christianity, both at the same time vanquished and exterminated.”

>Rodriguez (1957 English edition)
>“shall unchain the revolutionary Nihilists and Atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm, which will demonstrate clearly to the nations, in all its horror, the effect of absolute unbelief, mother of savagery and of the most bloody disorder.

Thread is full of poop postings.
Illuminati were the noble and royal dupes used to overthrow the Papacy and Vatican unknowingly for the Jesuits to their eternal regret, in essence replacing one despot with a round table of despots headed up by a despotic General.

The Jesuits were forced to overthrow the white Pope and Vatican for the papal brief Dominus ac Redemptor - suppression of the Jesuits from 1767 to 1814. The Black Pope or Jesuit General is the top Mason of the world controlling all Masonic dupes from all factions such as Scottish Rite, Grand Orient and even Islamic Shriner.

You will notice that period in history, 1767 to 184 is chuck full of intrigue and one of the more fascinating periods of history you research. Of course the Jesuits have been rewriting that period of history for a good reason and the tactic is usually outright omission of themselves.

>Then, everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the mad minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate these destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned of Christianity, whose deist soul will up to that moment be without compass, thirsting for an ideal, but not knowing where to bestow their worship, will receive the True Light, by the universal manifestation of the pure Luciferian doctrine, at last made public, a manifestation which will arise from the general movement of reaction following the destruction of Atheism and Christianity, both at the same time vanquished and exterminated.”

>Carr (1958 edition)
>“shall unleash the Nihilists and Atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will be from that moment without compass (direction), anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer brought finally out in the public view, a manifestation which will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and Atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time.”

Exactly what William Guy Carr was trying to pull, I’ll never know. If you’ve bared it until the end, perhaps you’re disappointed to have found nothing about a prediction of three world wars, Communism, Nazism and Zionist Illuminati – or anything of the sort.

>Thread is full of poop postings.
[citation missing]

A search through the entire book, utilizing relevant word combinations, turns up nothing either. Instead, what it truly represents is the scurrilous fantasies, and militant anti-Catholicism of its author: the impostor Leo Taxil aka Dr. Bataille, who profited handsomely while having a million laughs at the expense of both Christians and Masons; who confessed that his entire corpus of anti-Masonic works – spanning twelve years and representing thousands of pages (including the translated excerpt above) – were a complete and utter fraud; a colossal yet ridiculously farcical hoax.

It is enough having shown that the so-called Pike/Mazzini letter came from the Taxil hoax and to have provided a full translation of it.

Taxil benefited from the atmosphere in France at that time, which was indeed rife with anti-clericalism, occultism, and outright Satanism. The poets and authors of Romanticism had also looked upon Satan and Lucifer as a hero, and became more outspoken as anti-clericalism became the norm.

Taxil, for his part, had admitted in typical form:

“The public made me what I am; the arch-liar of the period,” confessed Taxil, “for when I first commenced to write against the Masons my object was amusement pure and simple. The crimes I laid at their door were so grotesque, so impossible, so widely exaggerated, I thought everybody would see the joke and give me credit for originating a new line of humor. But my readers wouldn’t have it so; they accepted my fables as gospel truth, and the more I lied for the purpose of showing that I lied, the more convinced became they that I was a paragon of veracity.

>tl;dr
Pike had zero clue about Nazis or WWIII, and the assertion that he does comes from the hoaxing of Taxil. The most common quote on the topic doesn't come from Pike, but from an antisemetic 1920 screed. The quote is neither found in Morals and Dogma, or even his letters, as the British Museum assertion is just plain wrong.

I don’t derive any satisfaction from a debunking. I really don’t. Discovering the truth is a reward in itself.

This thread was neat. Thanks Thoth. I'm sorry for giving you shit earlier.