Anyone here got rich on hodling stocks for years?

I became serious about investing in stocks this year and have been accumulating some airline and tech stock for a while now. I'm not looking for quick gains, just want to keep accumulating shares of companies I believe in at the dips. How wise is this strategy? Does patience really pay? Have any of you value investors actually gotten rich hodling long term?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z43CU4a_eII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Watch this video, it pretty much sums up your question better than I could explain.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z43CU4a_eII

There is a stock on the NYSE with a sick high single digit dividend that I am invested in. It is excellent to hold because if you buy it low, you have an asset that 90% will appreciate in value, while paying you a great return, for no effort, forever. I also have my stock company reinvest the dividends into more units, so I can just forget about it for a year, come back and with no efforts, I have MORE stock at a HIGHER price than before!

What stock is this and why is it doing so well?

Also interested.. share user xox

That is how we are got pajeeted

Hurry up faggot, tell me what this is

>bought Amazon back in college (late '13) when it was at $270 or so a share
>nearly $1,000 each now

Veeky Forums just has no chill.

Very nice! Great buy! Any up and coming tech stock worth looking into?

>buy undervalued copper stocks
>goes down immediately
>buy junior gold miner stocks
>dead in the water

am I doing it wrong?
Id buy blue chips but would probably hit the exact moment the stock market crashes

And now instead of $540 you have $2000?

buy Gazprom, right now one of the most undervalued stocks around. Potential to rise back to it's 2008 high which is almost 10 fold.
Right now it's really low. Now is the opportunity to buy.

>buy Gazprom
Fuck off Sechin

isnt oil in the shitter right now?

you wont make shit if you invest little moneis
if youre serious about making 'dem gainz' you better not be talking about a +200 profit margin lmao
pro tip: if you have to ask on 4chin you probably arent serious

Oil is in the shitter now because the middle-east started pumping and shilling oil in too large quantities destroying the market and price two years ago. Now the oil companies are slowly pushing up the price again, in two years oil will be good again. Good old supply and demand, they are just manipulating and shilling

It's almost impossible to "get rich" by hodling stocks. Stocks are a reliable source of yearly income that can also increase in value (usuall like 3-8% a year). Unless you bought google or apple stocks back in the 90s you probably won't get mad gainz out of stocks.

yeah ,but it has huge potential, and also pays 6-8% dividends each year. It is has a steady income flow and secured it for decades . Germany is getting the second pipeline "nordstream 2". Ukraine will be completely avoided in the future, no more stealing of gas and hugely reduced political risks.
After the syrian campaign russia will get access to Qatari gas and will sell it through IT'S OWN infrastructure to europe. There will be no competitor, gazprom will completely dominate european markets. LNG(liquified nat gas) won't offset this position.
It will moon within 10 years mark my words , up to 10 FOLD. This is not some shitcoin without fundumentals, this is a strategic company for russian interests. Hell they went to war in syria over a pipeline...
Keep that in mind .

Also: Oil won't stay that low forever.

this sounds pretty good user
but didn tthe saudis flood the market with oil to fuck over american fracking companies?

what I heard is theyre sitting on so much oil they could keep this up indefinitely

also who was EU sanctioning the ebil russians?

seems a bit risky desu

As if buying ETH wasn't risky.

Saudi Arabia is actually running out of reserves. That's why the are trying to take over Yemen.
The oil glut is some kind of some unsustainable scheme that I don't get atm. Seems to be economic warfare against russia and iran.
But it is unsustainable. The saudis are desperate. One can smell it.

the sanctions are a joke desu. Even in the hights of the cold war the pipelines to the west were working nonstop. It's a shitshow to be honest. The EU can't live without russian gas.

How do I buy Gazprom stock? Do I need to get an account on the Moscow stock exchange?

yeah but ether tripled my monies within weeks
dont see that happening with stocks desu

you make agood case for gazprom tho and dividends sound pretty comfy. Im gonna look into this and might just buy a bunch

thanks user!

What? I don't think you know what you're talking about. The Civil War in Yemen is a regional power play between Iran and Saudi Arabia because Iran backed rebels had overthrown the pro-Saudi government. Saudi Arabia feels threatened by a Pro-Iran State right on its border. Also, the conflict has almost nothing to do with oil; proven oil reserves in Yemen are relatively negligible (4 billion barrels). For comparison, Saudi Arabia's proven oil reserves are around 268 billion barrels.

Get some Canadian Marijuana stocks. I got in when they were very cheap about 2 years ago, but I am going to continue holding them until it is legalized. It is a binary event, but once legal you will have good growth companies that will be selling out for years to come, and the companies I invested in are always merging and expanding globally. Just look at Aurora cannabis and tweed, both have American tickers if you want. I'm up roughly 50,000 and am going to just hold. It's basically a 1 year wait with marijuana scheduled to be legalized next summer.

FTR wireless pays 11% anual dividends. So?