Are there any good books I can read on Salazar's Estado Novo and Franco's Spain?

Are there any good books I can read on Salazar's Estado Novo and Franco's Spain?

Not from a Marxist author. A conservative or even fascist author would be preferred, I don't want to read "muh fascism and colonies is bad!" for a few hundred pages as opposed to valid historiographical criticisms.

>I want people that agree with me to tell me what I already think

Loser.

Your intellectual growth would actually be better served by reading a Marxist analysis and applying critical thought to it.

If I wanted to read cancer I would. A fascist or conservative is just as able to criticize Salazar's regime and not focus on muh racism and muh colonies for the entire length of the book, but actual issues.

I could read an entire book written by a Marxist on the problems with fascist Italy but they will only tell me how much they oppose colonialism, racism, fascism and other things on an ideological level, rather than actual problems with the regime such as a weak military and lacking industry.

You're a fucking retard. Fuck off and kill yourself.

>Historical materialists not focusing on the materialism

I guess you've never actually read a Marxist author, have you.

>analysing history using the ideology of an economically and politically illiterate NEET kike who failed to grasp even the most basic of life's lessons

Everyone pans Estado Novo for having such massive holes in it though.

You won't find one. Classical-into-neoliberalism is the predominant analytical perspective for nearly all historiography. Conservatives by and large transitioned into stodgy, curmudgeony neoliberals, and fascists -- well, they lost, in the long run, so of course they're gone.

Marxist historical works haven't been prevalent in decades, either. Leftist? Sure, droves of 'em. But not nearly as many rigorously Marxist texts as people would like to believe.

I'm not looking for propaganda. Just a non-lefty analysis that doesn't scream Estado Novo was racist and colonialist.

You're saying there isn't a single right-of-center author who wrote about fascist Portugal or Spain?

The biggest slight against Salazar's regime was his keenness to remain isolated from the rest of the world. It didn't do Portugal any good

>Where can I read a book on my idol I know nothing about that won't say anything that triggered me

Fixed that for you, /pol/baby

>salazar never restored the death penalty
damn...

>I don't want anyhting that talks about muh colonies

Are you a retard? The Colony wars was a HUGE issue for Portugal and the defining reason he was overthrown

Portugal lost like 10,000 soldiers during the war, which for a country of 8 million (1970 pop.) would be equal to the US losing 400,000. How do you think Americans would react to the US losing 400,000 conscripts fighting niggers for no reason other than pride?

This type of stupidity is why /pol/ needs to be banned from Veeky Forums

>no reading comprehension

wew

>This type of stupidity is why /pol/ needs to be banned from Veeky Forums
I know right? Let's make Veeky Forums into a reddit tier safe space marxist echo chamber.

What about banning both /pol/ and reddit brainlets like (you) and then Veeky Forums will be great again.