>Romans described Gauls as tall and blond/red haired
>modern French are dark haired manlets

Did the Gauls get genocided?

Other urls found in this thread:

eupedia.com/europe/benelux_france_dna_project.shtml
thephora.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93230
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lmao @ u

No, everyone in France dyes their hair dark brown.

Just imagine how tawny ancient Romans would have been to describe proto-French people as light-featured.

HOL UP

>Gallia
>white

>Roma
>Jaundice

As a red head green eyed French who has a blonde blue eyes gf, i must say I'm triggered. French people weren't as Latin looking in the past, we had a massive Iberian and Italian immigration the last two centuries, people who settled mainly in the south.
There's still a big difference between northern France and southern ( below the Loire river) ethnically speaking although less so than some decades ago due to the heavy mixing with swarthy types. Northern French are or were almost undistinguishable from Brits, Dutch and Germans while southern French were closer to Mediterranean people though fairer than most of them.

It's possible that the Romans did end up making a number on the Gauls and there was some population replacement from the south but there's no need to take those descriptions too seriously. Usually foreign groups are described by their most distinctive features in comparison to the writer's group. Hence why the Irish are "red-haired" even though about 90% of them aren't.

>Northern French are or were almost undistinguishable from Brits, Dutch and Germans

Then why did Anglos say "The wogs begin at Calais"?

>modern French are dark haired manlets
Only southern French

Fronce is 177cm on average only 0.5cm taller than Italy. The northern French don't seem too light either. This guy is from northern France, isn't him?

You do realise by saying that they group all continentals together ? Danish French or Spanish you're a wog

Northern French aren't that blond or tall either. These threads are retarded and attract retards.

His family comes from cognac, southern France..

>Romans described Gauls as tall and blond/red haired
You should consider that the romans might have been exaggerating.
Describing your enemies as tall and imposing makes you look all the stronger for defeating them, and emphasizing their different colouring helps alienate and dehumanize them.
Sure, they might have been on average taller and more likely to be blonde or redheads, but that's it.

Not anymore, but they were indeed blonder and fairer on the past. That doesn't mean some didn't have dark hair,but you can find dark hair in all of Europe including northern European countries.

>Not anymore, but they were indeed blonder and fairer on the past

How do you even know that, aside from speculation about recent migrations from the south and their demic impact? And "Northern Europe" is a vast category. Brits and Irish are very dark-haired overall too, like the French.

I don't see why we would expect even the Northern French to be blonder.

>Aostans are shorter than Northeastern Italians and the same height as Tuscans

Kek

Northern French have a strong Germanic admixture, Dutch in the far north, German in the east, Scandinavian in Normandy.
I'm from northern France and i know people were fairer as a rule in the past because when my grandmother was young there was a lot more blonde people around.
The fact that Gauls were described as blonde or red headed, that Germanic people later settled in northern France and that mixing with people from the south of France (increase of mobility in the past century) and the massive southern European immigration (i know many people of Italian, Portuguese or Spanish descent) who are and were primarily dark haired swarthy types, draw this logical conclusion.

they are though

eupedia.com/europe/benelux_france_dna_project.shtml

Geographic distribution of ethnic features in France

This map shows an estimation of the dominant ancestry in each region of France based on anthropological studies. Will DNA confirm this general pattern? Here is a summary of Y-DNA haplogroups found in France, and the ancient ethnicities associated with them :
Germanic/Nordic : R1b-U106, I1, I2-L801
Gaulish Celtic : R1b-U152, R1b-L21, R1b-P312
Atlantic Celts : R1b-L21
Iberian Celts : R1b-DF27
Basque : R1b-DF27, R1b-M153
Roman : R1b-U152, R1b-L23, J2, G2a, E-M123, T
Greek : E1b1b, J2, R1b-L23, G2a, T1a, J1

/thread

French are very tall and have the biggest dicks in europe

>Gaulish Celtic
>R1b-U152

There is no evidence of that haplo entering France during the time of the Indo-European migrations. It is associated with Italic people more than anything.

That makes perfect sense. Western Europe is overall not that tall at all, from Iberia to the UK, while Central Europe and former Yugoslavia are.

Whatever that map is even based on. And eve that shows exactly what I said, that even the Northern French don't approach the Brits, Dutch and Germans overall.

>Anglos being that fair haired

No: thephora.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93230

>all these retards itt that confuse north africans for french people

>REEEEEEE EVERYONE THAT LOOKS SWARTHY IS A NORTH AFRICAN

Sounds like Lombards making excuses for why they are shitskins compared to Venetians and Friulians.

Is that some white nationalist forum? But it's true, if you compare the Brits to the parts where the Anglo-Saxons came from, it's day and night. On the other hand, they're more red-headed and paler like the Irish which speaks to some common 'Celtic' background.

Yeah seriously. The French aren't that blond at all, they should deal with it.

People call blondes red heads sometimes because of the shine when its a dark color. Never understood why. They were just germanic rape babies basically.