Why do redditors and milennials love Tesla so much?

Why do redditors and milennials love Tesla so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_I2_Y-DNA.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=njTmtSXtS_I
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_real_McCoy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They think knowing about Tesla makes them appear informed

Because Serbs need self promotion, and it's easy to pitch an underdog genius that got screwed over by his employers and was probably not completely sane to austists on the internet.

It's projection. They like to see themselves as struggling artists or geniuses who would be famous and successful if not for jerks like Edison keeping them down. What they don't understand, however, is that Edison was actually alpha as fuck and Tesla was a beta pushover. It doesn't matter how intelligent or skilled you are if you can't promote yourself. Edison knew this and took full advantage of it. Tesla believed that if he took the blows life gave him that he would eventually be rewarded for his struggles with success and fame. Edison knew that success and fame isn't something that can be given to you; that you have to grasp it yourself and there's only so much to go around.

So yeah that's why they hate him.

*love him

Because he seemed edgy and Utopian and counter-culture, compared to Edison.

Most actually have no idea how Tesla thought, what he wanted to do or what he believed. They just see an eccentric dreamer.

It's an extension of the romantic futurism propegated by Elon musk and I Fucking Love Science.

It's not fame he wanted, he wanted to propagate his inventions and see them utilized, but he got Jew'd by Edison and J.P. Morgan. Edison's was a much more palatable way of thinking than "I can pull energy out of thin air, and we can ring the entire world with light and infinite power."

The "Dude, science. Tesla. lmao" crowd have no idea about any of that, and just thought he looked cool, holding a light bulb next to one of his coils.

His ideas were vindicated, sadly after his death, when the U.S. government immediately seized all of his research. If it's not in use today, under another name, it must have been a threatening concept to people making money and deriving power from the world, as it was, not as Tesla imagined it could be.

WTF I love Reddit now

>serbs
tesla was a croat

DELET THIS

Was he Orthodox or Catholic
If Orthodox, choose Serb
If Catholic, choose Croat

wtf are you talking about dude Nicólá Ó Teasléach was a proud Irishman

Not that user but fame aside he was right about Tesla being a pushover. His inventions could have been utilized had he the charisma and backbone to sell himself and not be taken advantage of.

Nicola Tezza was Italian.

Faggot, everyone knows that Nikko Teslanen was a Finn.

Tesla love is part of that whole Steampunk thing. He's looks kinda snazzy, has an underdog story.

I think alot of those Tesla lovers were people really out looking to make idols out of science, trying to make scientists popular like a celebrity, and the group think chose Tesla. It's all part of the technofetishisation happening as we secularise culturally.

Nicolae Teslea was Romanian

I dont know how to articulate it, but Tesla is for them what Hitler is to a bunch of edgy teenage faggots with no friends.

under appreciated genius who got cucked by Chad, so they see him as themselves.

Fascists get out

Nikolai Teslov was a Bulgarian.

Because he was a great man, and you are being a bitter cynical jaded broken contrarian piece of shit right now?

>Great man
>Cuck

Choose one

>great man
>fucked birds and died in poverty

More like
>without him the world as we know today wouldn't exist
I'm a greedy motherfucker myself, but even I can see the value of someone like him.

What is this, 2012?

You have to go back

5/10 bait made me frown before I realized

older than that. internet culture has been stagnant since the 00s

>reddit

>fucked birds

What?

Why isn't Tesla an icon for us autists? We need to take him back from the normies. He wasn't one of them.

>Tesla wasn't a great man, because muh memes :DDD le cuck :D:DA:SD:A::A:A:AS:d:fwdjgopsjt58904wy

Faraday had a much cooler backstory and was more clever.

bulgaria is a turkishh shithole

I thought Tesla was way overhyped by his fan-club but when I see that the only you guys can say about him is "he's a cuck Edison was alpha" I'm wondering.

Was he a great scientist in terms of discoveries or not?

Nicholas Teslington was English dipshit

Nikita Teslowski was polish, it is known.

Niklas Tessle was Swedish, obviously.

this

Nic Tasser wuz a negro, ya cracka

Mykolas Tešlius was a famous lithuanian inventor of cold borscht and suicide.

If Tesla is a Croat, then Josip Jelacic is a Serb.
PICK ONE.

>Tesla was born on 10 July [O.S. 28 June] 1856 into a Serb family in the village of Smiljan, Austrian Empire (modern-day Croatia).[12][13] His father, Milutin Tesla (1819–1879),[14] was an Orthodox priest.[15][16][17][18] Tesla's mother, Đuka Tesla (née Mandić; 1822–1892), whose father was also an Orthodox priest,[19] had a talent for making home craft tools and mechanical appliances and the ability to memorize Serbian epic poems. Đuka had never received a formal education. Tesla credited his eidetic memory and creative abilities to his mother's genetics and influence.[20][21] Tesla's progenitors were from western Serbia, near Montenegro.[22]

>During World War II, warfare broke out among ethnic groups. The Ustaše of the Independent State of Croatia killed several hundred Serbs by the Orthodox church in Smiljan.[8] The Ustaše killed most of the Serbs in this and other villages in Gospić district between 1 and 10 August 1941.[9] The Orthodox parish church was destroyed by the Ustaše the same year.[10][11]

Every time with you Crorats. You also try to WE WUZ Marco Polo and Ruggiero Giuseppe Boscovich too. You're just the bitch of the Ottomans, Venice and Austria, nothing more.

Sorry, but Nicolau Teslada was a spaniard.

Mikołaj Tesłowski was a proud Pole. Although the chochols will try to claim him for Ukraine and baselesly call him Mykola Teslenko.

In the late twentieth century, pseudoscience people latched onto Tesla as a supergenius who had incredible knowledge that was held back and ruined by The Man (Edison). Because of that, lots of books and TV specials were made about him during the 90s and early 2000s, and he entered pop culture as a super-cool and underappreciated genius. Millennial have latched onto that because of sites like Cracked and I Fucking Love Science writing about him.

>née

You guys are professional contrarians.
Tesla was an interesting guy wtf... There's nothing reddit about it.

When someone asked Einstein how does it feel to be the smartest man in the world, he replied, "I don't know, ask Tesla".

ni-ko-lesh-a-tesh-a-la-wa was one of the sea peoples

fpbp

Thats quite the sweeping generalization. I personally think its because they didn't know about him and wanted to make up for it by showing their support.

Einstein's first wife was Serbian.

And Tesla was a vlach gypsy charlatan and con artist from the sheep fucking part of the sheep fucking part of the world. Pure vlachish gypsie black magic

Tesla was an I2a1 Serb Proto-Slav.
eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_I2_Y-DNA.shtml

Tesla was a savage vlach

Take the vlachpill

نيكولا تيسلا
FTFY

>Implying vlachs are anything but romanized Slavs

Pure salty gay memerey.

He was a real life Love Live.

>born in Austria
>studied in Austria
>worked in the USA
>only went to Serbia twice
>first time he got arrested
>second time he got sick and nearly died

Tesla probably spent less time in Serbia than he did sitting on his toilet in the USA.

Nikolu Teselu was a proud samurai warrior of Nippon! Hai!

Nick Tanner is a proud AMERICAN

Νιkόλαος was a proud GREEK

>Tesla probably spent less time in Serbia than he did sitting on his toilet in the USA.

>assuming you have to live in Serbia to be a Serb

The person who standardized the Serbian language lived his entire life in Vienna.

youtube.com/watch?v=njTmtSXtS_I
Well he wanted this song played at his funeral.

Nico Testa was an Italian

>Serbcucks have no loyalty to their nation

You just jumped through 10 hoops to reinforce your world view.
Most Balkan intellectuals of the period (Serbian, Romanian, Bulgarian) lived somewhere else and Vienna was the place to be.

"if I would be fortunate to achieve some of my ideals, it would be on the behalf of the whole humanity. If those hopes would become fulfilled, the most exiting thought would be that it is a deed of a Serb. Long live Serbdom!"

Tesla was muh heritage

If he wasn't born in Serbia, didn't grow up, study or work in Serbia, and didn't live in Serbia... how do you define him a serb?
Is nationality something you pick at your leisure and however you choose? Can I be a german nationalist now, if I wanted to?

How is he "muh heritage" when he didn't inherit anything from Serbia at all?
He would be a foreigner in Serbia at his time, sticking out among the simple peasants like the sophisticated american intellectual he was.

Sounds like he was just a hipster.

Nikomari Tetsumi was Japanese.

Jus sanguinis, not Jus soli

And yet Tesla's still more popular than Edison. Also Tes wasn't really looking for attention while Ed was.

Do amerifats do really struggle with the concept of blood ethnicities this much?

>Jus sanguinis
>His mother wasn't Serbian

Besides, nation and retarded clan bloodline slav horsehsit aren't the same thing.
And there is a reason one of those ideas was abandoned. Protip: it was the blood one.

Eh whatever, marry your american girlfriend and migrate to mainland China and have a kid there and lie to yourself that she won't basically still consider herself an American wayyy before she'll consider herself han Chinese.

Popular? Sure Tesla is more well liked than Edison but Edison is much more widely known than Tesla.

He in particular was born in Serbia and learned basic writing from the local monastery before moving to Austria for further education, and he came back during the first uprising and worked as a secretary for the army (because he couldn't fight because he lost a leg). He went back to Austria when the Turks came back.

Both of their mothers were Serbian. Tesla's mother was the daughter of a Serbian priest and memorized Serbian epic poetry.

Jus sanguinis was not abandoned it operates in most of the world.
Jus soli operates in countries in the Americas because they were built on immigration, and a few countries like Pakistan and Tanzania.
Even when adopted in Europe it's still heavily restricted and Jus sanguinis has primacy.

And you lie to yourself that a person born in China, raised in China, studying in China, working in China won't turn out Chinese regardless of what they say.

If a bear is born in a barn, does that make it a cow?
What kind of weeb (or whatever the chink variant is) are you to believe that anyone would think you're Chinese.

The rest of the world doesn't think that way amerifat, diasporas of the world cling to their identities for fucking generations.

>bear in a barn :D

Nigger, culture isn't genetic. Eating rice isn't genetic. Speaking Chinese isn't genetic. Not respecting animal rights isn't genetic. Being a collectivist isn't genetic.
The thing that defines you as a certain nation is belonging to the culture of that nation, and that is not genetic.

When the nazis were doing their background checks, they found a lot of SS officers, fierce German nationalists, passionate about realpolitik and living space and all German culture and aesthetics... weren't actually German. Many were Jewish, Polish and so on.

BECAUSE NATIONS AREN'T GENETIC.

lel you're breaking out into hysterics already. Take a chill pill. Your hypothetical daughter in China won't consider herself Chinese and odds are good her daughter wouldn't either, it's just the way diasporas work. ;^)

>Polo's name comes from Dalmatia
>Boscovich

>...Bošković

Even by that argument, one that cherishes his heritage and culture whilst living in another country still has the nationality of their parents. Tesla was a Serbian American. Both. The whole Austrian part is you'r memeing.

>Why do redditors and milennials love Tesla so much?

1. They never worked a day in their pathetic morcel of an excuse of an existence.
2. They have direct transgenerational materialistic wealth-inheritence.
3. He's a cute dude with a good, clean, has nice facial hair, nice hair, a good nose, good facial structure, dresses well, unique, significant, accomplished, fair but adequete exercise regiment, eats well, sleeps well, never took a hit to his body in his life. Bit of failure in intellectual property, etc.

Tesla was for all intents and purposes Austrian, a cosmopolitan citizen of the world, who played a hipster supporting some dog turkish province.

YOU GUYS DONT GET IT

PEOPLE ALWAYS HAD THESE DUMB THEORIES ABOUT TESLA BUT HE IS CURRENTLY POPULAR BECAUSE OF THAT RETARDED FALSE INFOGRAPHIC THAT GOT INSANELY POPULAR YEARS AGO

the great thing about infographics like that is that they're entertaining and make you think you're learning something. in reality you might as well be watching cat videos on youtube

Nikola Toniblerim was Albanian, look it up, he wore Albanian pants.

Nikolu Tesloglu was the best of all Turkish scientists.

Stop appropriating Serbian culture, fucking shitlords.

Nicholas Tsong was Korean!!!

ניקולה טסלה you mean?

TESLA WUZ BLACK
I BE SAYIN
WE WUZ INVENTORS N SHIET

His religion was Serbian Orthodoxy, that makes you a Serb. Similar with the Jews.

His religion was christian, stop with those cults. There is next to zero difference even between Orthodoxy and Catholicism, and you are dividing it even further now.

>The expression has also been associated with Elijah McCoy's oil-drip cup invention (patented in 1872).[6] One theory is that railroad engineers looking to avoid inferior copies would request it by name, inquiring if a locomotive was fitted with 'the real McCoy system".[4][6] This possible origin is mentioned in Elijah McCoy's biography at the National Inventors Hall of Fame.[7] The original publication of this claim can be traced to an advertisement which appeared in the December 1966 issue of Ebony. The ad, for Old Taylor Bourbon whiskey, ends with the tag line: "...but the most famous legacy McCoy left his country was his name."[8]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_real_McCoy