The Great war

Anyone watch the first part of the new PBS special? Was pretty good sept for the whole first part jerking off women and railing on Wilson for not wanting blacks in the white house. Can we get to the fucking war no one gives a shit .

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/446570/great-war-wwi-documentary-tells-america-story
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks fucking awesome.

I like all the disgusting bullshit you never get to hear about.

George Will does too ->

nationalreview.com/article/446570/great-war-wwi-documentary-tells-america-story

>In Illinois, Robert Prager, a German-American coal miner suspected of spying, was stripped, marched through the streets and hanged. The Washington Post deplored such “excesses” but applauded the “healthful and wholesome awakening in the interior part of the country.”

>Josef Hofer and his two brothers were South Dakota Hutterites whose faith forbade any involvement in war, including wearing a military uniform. They were arrested in March 1918, and a week after the armistice they were sent to Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Arriving at the military prison around midnight, they stood naked for hours in a 17-degree November night. Then they were suspended naked from the bars of their cells, their feet barely touching the ground, refusing to wear the uniforms left in their cells. Fed only bread and water, after two weeks David Hofer was allowed to telegraph to Josef’s wife, telling her that her husband was dying. He died the morning after she arrived. Prison guards mocked his corpse by dressing it in a uniform.

>The African Americans from around the nation who joined New York’s 15th National Guard Regiment, the Harlem Hellfighters, included Leroy Johnston from Phillips County, Arkansas. He spent nine months in French hospitals recuperating from wounds suffered in the Meuse-Argonne, then in 1919 returned to an Arkansas seething with fears of an African-American insurrection because a returning African-American veteran had formed a union of black sharecroppers. The narrator of The Great War says that as groups of white men “roamed the countryside, killing hundreds of black people, a train pulled into the station. A crowd rushed aboard and dragged out four unsuspecting black men. They were Leroy Johnston and his three brothers.” After a melee, “the mob shot the Johnston brothers to pieces.”

like you said the harping on muh womyn muh niggers was god awful. government paid propaganda.

>women have always been the primary victims of war :^)

Jesus those are fucking brutal never heard about that. That is horrifying thise damn people for Arkansas are crazy.

>living in the south
>any year ever

Depends where you live but Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Arkansad are shit holes. As a Louisiana native who lives in Atlanta now I would vote to bomb them.

Atlanta is god awful. Im so sorry.

I just finished watching the first part. Does anyone know when they will air part 2 and 3. I know it gives dates, but around what time do they air them so I can stop refreshing the website every hour.

I always thought the First World War was boring

؜The war itself could be considered boring due to the static nature of the western front, but all the variables and outcomes surrounding the war is what makes it so interesting. WW1 was the war that marked the end of European domination of the world as the remaining countries were so battered that their empires pretty much just fell apart.

So this is your so called 'Land of Freedom'

I did too when I was in high school. But, then again getting a small break down on what happen in any historical event is pretty boring. I got interested in it looking out how it transformed the way we view war. Also looking at letters and journal entries of the war gave me such a first hand view boner that i just became fascinated.

Had a giggle seeing Dan Carlin on it.

We'll see where it goes; I'll be pissed if it ends at the Armistice and doesn't talk about all the other shit we were up to at the time.

Ya I wish there was less of the black lady and more Dan maybe would lead to less muh wuman.

Hopefully it doesn't do any lions led by donkeys bullshit

It's on again.

Why do you not like the truth?

>france leadership not autistic

I only use lions led by donkeys in its earliest form meaning just the British generalship, which is the biggest myth about the war and one that even in the centenary celebrations people still believe because of shit like blackadder and Sassoon

that fat black lady is fucking insufferable. at least the black chad historian wasn't so bad. (laughed when his name was actually chad)

Based Chad.

>like bro they had these trenches and you know it was like muddy and shit

Yes, and your country probably did worse shit.

This black bitch called Woodrow Wilson a narrow hearted little man. I will fucking punch this cunt if I ever see her.

yeah thats who i was talking about. her shit eating grin was insufferable.