Morality

Daily reminder that there is no "objective morality". I challenge anyone of you to prove to me that morality is objective.

>An action or consequence can only be called "good" or "bad", if there is an objective way of evaluating it
>This method of evaluating an action or consequence to determine whether or not it is moral or immoral must be independent of all social constructs, emotion, etc in order for it to be truly objective.

However
>A scientific and materialistic understanding of reality leaves no room for concepts like "morally righteous" or "morally wrong" except within the context of delusions and emotivism.

Also
>If this objective moral evaluation method could be created, then why be moral? It is the case that good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people, making it seem as though it does not matter if you live a moral life or don't. If the effect of your morality came in the afterlife, then it would be the case that humans would only act morally in order to gain something, when the point of being moral is to do it for its own sake.

Finally:
>"God did it" won't work here. How does God decide what is moral? Did He pick and choose things at random, deciding what was moral and what was evil in the spur of the moment? This would make morality completely arbitrary and fundamentally meaningless.

Other urls found in this thread:

propertarianism.com/2016/12/10/a-short-course-in-incremental-suppression/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Congrats on being late to the party

>Man is the measure of all things
t. 450BC

>A scientific and materialistic understanding of reality leaves no room for concepts like "morally righteous" or "morally wrong"
>the point of being moral is to do it for its own sake

These are wrong.

Dude, Stirner pushed it to the end, it was not that Man is the measure of all things, but Ego, literally ((( You ))).

Well, I think that there is no reason for having objective morality, as any good can be finished in Categorical Imperative.

Reminder that we evolved moral instincts and intuitions in order to retaliate against those who engage in parasitism against our property, because when we cooperate without parasitism the returns for engaging in that cooperation are huge

Engaging in that cooperation without parasitism is an evolutionary advantage to the civilization that realises those things, no polity can flourish without recognising this so your silly arguments about what you perceive morality to be are useless

>(((you)))
Jews?

Objective morality is a logical impossibility.

Morality deals with the outcomes for subjective beings. It is subjective by definition.

That's bullshit.

Prove him wrong.

true, but I'd still get higher rewards by being a parasite and no one can stop all instances of it. it's definitely an evolutionary advantage that our thinking isn't fully rational

Burden of proofs on you.

you stop it through natural law and incremental suppression (ostracising/not trading with people/jail/war/death penalty etc)

Killing is bad because I say so.
Eat your heart out, Stirner.

Reminder that moral anti-realism is for teenagers who are at best wikifags and at worst concluded that nihilism is true because they couldn't prove moral realism while thinking under the shower.

Prof Peterson disagrees.

I wanna beat up that faggot Stirner untill he cries like a bitch, then ask him which state does he prefer, when i beat him like a dog, or when I don't?
Lack of pain is preferable then pain, BTFO Stirnerfags.

Him not wanting to be in pain does not mean he cares about you being in pain.

What a convincing argument.

>muh appeal to authority

Good goy.

Why do some non-religious hold onto to the idea of morality? You look at things like secular humanism and it's like they discarded the religion and kept all the rules. Morality becomes a religion of it's own for them.

It's nothing but narcissism.

because social contract
they just wanna live happily with other people

the secular humanists are godless christians, and they have no other solution since creating such a huge society with XX millions of people in it can only be done with what they were taught just before they took power from the christians. It is too difficult to create a society ex-nihilo and it is not like there are many choices for those people. The whole purpose of a society is precisely giving meaning and morality, purposes, merit, loyalty about any human activity done at the time of the society since all those spooks of meaning and morality are not found in ''nature'' and men cannot stand to be useless and just provide for women. This is the permanent activity of men, but different men fill their fantasized societies with different concepts and methods, techniques and rules.

the problem is that this only works if people get caught. If someone knows they have a good chance to get away with it the most rational choice is to break the law if it benefits them. this is not a problem that can be fully solved even if we went out of our way to create a very thorough police state.

>they just wanna live happily with other people

You can do that without morality.

propertarianism.com/2016/12/10/a-short-course-in-incremental-suppression/

Morality is just another word for ethics, and ethics are a key component of any social contract. Stop playing semantics.

ethics is the word created by liberals for morality

The OP lacked any arguments, it was just a bunch of statements, so I don't see why I should have made any.

>There is no objective morality
>Objective statement about morality used by moral relativists

This was illogical to begin with.

No. Morality is the religious concept that some things some how mystically have object virtue and lack of.

It's a very religious thing.

it is retarded to use the word objective in the first place

No objective morals isn't the same as there being no objective reality.

If we assume that there is a reason behind each and everything( I know but bear with me), If you were to comprehend all that exists, all that is reason, would you have any reason to fear? Be sad? Angry? Happy? or any other mental phenomena that clings to a personal attachment?

No? Why would you? It would be illogical by all that you know that you cannot change what exists. Then therefore the nature of reason is one of pure bliss. Think of buddhist conception of nirvana.

And i would argue this is what was meant when adam and eve ate the apple of good and evil, Which actually was supposed to be of pleasure and pain. These conceptions are entirely personal, which are the two extremes. The middle way goes beyond the two that finds itself in total bliss.

You think that because you're godless.

Without God, there is no objective basis for morality.

In other words, you're a fool.

Morality is a necessary construct for society. I as a individual can determine what is moral and view the world through that lens.

>Morality is a necessary construct for society.

Not really. Laws are arguably though.

neither of which exist

Bitches don't know about my quasi-realism.
Fuck off with your juvenile wankery, Stirner.