Hank Hanegraaff (aka The Bible Answer Man) Converts to Orthodoxy

Hank Hanegraaff (aka The Bible Answer Man) left Protestantism and converted to the Orthodox Church on Palm Sunday.

>Orthodox article:
johnsanidopoulos.com/2017/04/hank-hanegraaff-aka-bible-answer-man.html

John is joyous. Lot's of Orthodox in America have been celebrating this.

>Protestant article:
pulpitandpen.org/2017/04/10/the-bible-answer-man-hank-hanegraaff-leaves-the-christian-faith/

They're obviously bitter because they think that the Solas are true, and that their theology/scholasticism is superior to Orthodox Tradition.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_Church_in_America#Move_toward_unity_and_independence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Orthodox_Catholic_Church
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Meanwhile, Sunderland beat Spurs United and the fans have gone wild

Does tribalism know no end?

>There are numerous reports that Hank Hanegraaff, the well-known talk show host, and evangelical apologist known as “The Bible Answer Man,” has left the biblical Christian faith for Greek Orthodox tradition.

Protestants are THIS FAR up their own asses that they consider themselves superior to one of Christianity's original traditions?

It seems so of Evangelicals.

>The Orthodox Church is a false expression of Christianity, much like the Roman Catholic Church

I don't like shitposting too much but man, Protestants claiming that they have connection to a more original and genuine expression of Christianity because they reject Christian tradition (while also rejecting critical scholars and their investigation into the Bible, most of the time) is too damn funy.

>because they reject Christian tradition
Every single tradition morphs and changes over time. We have direct evidence of this happening, for example, with the whole Old Believers controversy in Russia.

Yes, that was kinda my point. Adding their frequent rejection of critical scholarship, which seeks to actually understand what early Christianity was like vs basically propagandize, they have nothing left.

>while also rejecting critical scholars and their investigation into the Bible
These people are overwhelmingly liberal Christians and agnostics, and unfailingly undermines Orthodox Christianity

Why do you hate people who proclaim the word of God?

Explain the significance of this to a godless heathen like me.

He went out from us because he was not truly of us.

Orthodox aren't Christian
Catholics aren't Christian

Everyone abandon cathocuck ship, hop on the orthodox train!

A prominent American Protestant apologist dude converted to Orthodox Christianity. This can be seen as a sort of victory for Orthodoxy in USA, and some protestants are REALLY butthurt about it. Mostly the ones that don't consider Catholics or other high church/traditional sects to be Christian.

Good for him

Orthodox seems like Christianity hard mode, should i join??

damn, nigga loves to "wash" feet

Yes

No. Slavs, syrians and Ethipans only!

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL! Take that bible guy with you!

American Orthodoxy will be a mistake because they'll essentially be protenigger evangelitards in disguise, and will bring their ziocuckoldry, snake handling and general retardation with them.

I dont know what at least 3 of these words means so you must be right!

Actually even the more fundie orthodox types I've encountered here in the states are usually redpilled on Israel. A lot of Christians get killed by Israel alongside their Muslim neighbors.

God I can already hear it
>AWRTODOXY MEANS STANDING FOR ISRUL!

I literally never heard of him

me either

I think being into particular apologists might be a Baptist thing

Internet Catholics are obsessed with William Craig Lane and Fesser. And to a lesser extent CS Lewis, but he's independently popular so that is slightly different.

American Orthodox Church is not a recognized Church, it is inherently heretical. Similar to the Macedonian Orthodox Church

I'm only a catechumen but not being recognized as a canonical church is not necessarily the same as being heretical.

>is not a recognized Church
Says who, the Pope?

Says the legitimate Orthodox churches and their bishops

>legitimate Orthodox churches
But there are none

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_Church_in_America#Move_toward_unity_and_independence

>Recognition of autocephaly

>Currently, the Russian, Bulgarian, Georgian, Polish, Serbian, and Czech and Slovak churches recognize the autocephaly of the OCA, though the Bulgarian, Russian, and Serbian patriarchates continue to maintain parishes inside the OCA's claimed jurisdiction. Among the churches that do not recognize it is the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, which argues that the Russian Church did not have the authority to grant autocephaly, partly because the Russian Church at the time was considered to be heavily influenced by the Soviet government. The Ecumenical Patriarch also cites Canon 28 of the Council of Chalcedon, which asserted the jurisdiction of the bishop of Constantinople in dioceses located "among the barbarians" (i.e. outside the Roman Empire), is cited as the source of the Ecumenical Patriarchate's authority in the matter.[32][33]

>Apologists for the OCA's autocephaly claim that the decree did not need the approval of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, as it was an internal matter for the Russian Orthodox Church to decide. Many autocephalous churches, the Russian Church included, were not recognized as such for many years, albeit their autocephaly was granted by the Ecumenical Patriarchate.

Oh that user was talking about OCA? The order of the name made me think he was talking about one of those noncannonical groups.

OCA isn't even noncannonical, all of their sacraments are legit and OCA people are in communion with the other churches. The only thing in question is their autocephaly.

There are protestant groups out there LARPing as Orthodox, calling themselves names like American Orthodox Church etc. Orthodoc Church in America is something else entirely.

*something else entirely from the LARPer groups that is. OCA is legitimate.

>Says who, the Pope?

The Holy Sinod of Orthodoxy. Namely, the Russian, Serbian and Greek Orthodox churches.

The AOC is not recognized by the Patriarch of Constantinople who is the most senior of Orthodoxy, and that's enough.

Also as it stands, the AOC is simply a self-functioning branch of the Russian Church. And their jurisdiction is not recognized by any other orthodox church.

Orthodox church in america, and the American Orthodox church, sam shit no?

The OCA is officially the OCA. Just "American Orthodox Church" isn't something I've ever encountered in any OCA literature.

With Orthodox churches you want to pay attention to the proper name, because again as I mentioned, there are LARPey groups out there who have names that sound similar.

Example here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Orthodox_Catholic_Church

^This is a noncannonical church that a lot of the other ones trace their lineage to.