Only commulists can design horribly

>only commulists can design horribly
Destroy all modernist buildings

I have to listen in on a council meeting and I can feel the atmosphere of this place giving me cancer.

A proper example of a city hall.

Jesus

That's not a city Hall. It's provincial level. It's the blue room, the assembly of Quebec's provincial deputies.

And that's not even the most beautiful room in the building. THe red room is. Pic related.

racist, sexist trash that's reminiscent of our problematic and non-diverse past

wholesome, correct architecture that shows solidarity with proletarian class struggle, as well as other marginalized groups by eschewing trappings that intimidate minority groups and are only appealing to old white men

anything designed by a government committee is going to be shit tier

faggot bureaucrats cannot into beauty

Get the fuck out. Brutalism of done right is Godtier, sadly Americans can't even do that...

This is the old city hall.

It is a resturaunt now.

>anything designed by a government committee is going to be shit tier

You do realize that buildings are designed by architects, not "government committees?"

So now brutalist architecture is somehow related to SJWs?

>So now brutalist architecture is somehow related to SJWs?

actually modernism IS pretty intrinsically related with 50's counter culture which was in cahoots with communistic subversion, but not world-wide and not directly at the reins of the "revolution".

I have seen better

Monarchies bless the ground they touch with their beauty.

This is the Madras High court, which blends the European Gothic woth the Mughal style. Built by Anglos.

>actually modernism IS pretty intrinsically related with 50's counter culture which was in cahoots with communistic subversion

Not really. For one thing, "modernist" architecture goes back to the 1890s. And brutalist in particular, though embraced by communist states, really had no particular political associations in the West. Everybody was doing it. And nowadays liberals hate that style of urban design.

I am probably the only person who likes both period architecture and high 60's/70's brutalism, exactly because the latter is autistically and geometrically perfect, and triggers traditionalists something fierce.

There are plenty of examples of brutalism around my area, including my alma mater's library. I feel quite comfy in and around such places.

I'm not sure but I think this building, esp that handicapped staircase, was used for certain exterior shots in the departed.

Brutalism is beauty as it rejects the decadence of traditionalism.

Indeed

As for the other fags, I raise you BrasĂ­lia, the best example of modern architecture done right, the state-of-art of the human innovation in beauty and the perfect union of architecture, by the genius Oscar Niemeyer, and urbanism, by another brilliant man, LĂșcio Costa.

Fascism is the answer
The melding of tradition and progress

Brasilia is like the closest you can get to playing SimCity in real life. Just a vast area of empty plains to do whatever the fuck you wanna do on, no geographical accidents of note, not cultural baggage and no pesky preexistent buildings to bother you.

>decadence is a bad thing
Faggots like you should've been gassed.

pretty sure pro-decadence is the faggy side of this argument mate

Europoor here. I went to Cuba once and really enjoyed it, most of my pals got on a flight and went to Brazil,I had to go back home because I didn't have the money to go with them. Fucking gutted really...but some day

That's why, as a Brazilian, I'm not even mad the then Kubitschek government spent billions there just to build a city. The result is magnificent and the place was wisely chosen.

>when you're travelling with richer friends and they double down on the trip but you can't because you either have responsibilities at home or just not enought money to stay so you end up going back home alone before them
I know your suffering all too well

>I am probably the only person who likes both...

nah, most normal people like a good mix of traditionalism and modernism.
Veeky Forums is just skewed by a bunch of autists who think every city needs to built in 1 single architectural style and everything else is worse than hitler (hope this picture triggers them)

One of the unstated premises of the modern age is that there will be no future and that past is best left forgotten, so we build accordingly.

We do not believe our culture deserves to be celebrated so we do not celebrate it.

muh curves

why is there a coffin in the middle? Is Good Taste inside?

MUH ROOOOOOOOOOOOOME

a very droll bon mot.

No one even showed up for the funeral.

I would feel okay with this if it was a basement man cave but holy shit.

/pol/ is so retarded they believe everything they hate is a Jewish Muslim communist SJW who votes Hillary and wants to enforce gender quotas on videogame characters

autism

If fascism is the answer what the hell was the question?

that was a temporary set up for an election, wherein the options for candidates were a simple 'yes' or 'no'

it wasn't permanent architecture

any more examples like this?

god damn i can just FEEL the cancerous leftism oozing out of that building

examples of actual statehood

Saw what you want but cosmic brutalism especially when oddly placed in fields has a certain beauty to it.

Huh, interesting. I've seen that pic so many times and that really changed my view on it.

True that.

Just look at the nuremberg rallies. Beautiful even from a normie prespective.

Probably ugliest large building in Boston.I wish the fucking eyesore would get torn down.