Who here actually has real world finance experience that doesn't include memecoins/memestocks?

Who here actually has real world finance experience that doesn't include memecoins/memestocks?

no one,

everyone here is a brokeboy from college who's dreams are getting rich from their $1000 investment

dubs

This sent shivers down my spine. So real.

that's what i was thinking. Veeky Forums is full of speculators, not investors.

NEET for most of my life. Don't even have a degree (still working on it part-time) not to mention the degree is a meme degree (criminology).

I have 170k AUD of btc/ltc/eth right now.

I don't even know why I do it, I don't have a materialistic bone in my body. I don't give a shit about money besides having a roof over my head and food on my plate, and a gym membership.

This whole thing started as a meme for me back in 2015 when I just said fuck it and bought a bunch of meme coins with money I had made from working as laborer for my dad.

Also, I just bought a ton of litecoins because I think that's the way to go right now (especially if you missed out on the

mba, worked for investment firm and now insurance

no I won't help you for free

You could start a legitimate philanthropic business, employ some people, do some good work around your community without making profit your only goal.

You could set aside some of it in less volatile shit and hopefully have enough to help your parents out when they're no longer able to work.

MBA, worked in consulting for a bit

independent trader for 8 years now

I haven't touched memecoins but am looking for a way to put on rather large short, this is such a bubble imo. Casuals like biz only reinforces my opinion

>implying there is a difference

any thoughts on the oil market?

I'm an actuarial consultant at work procrastinating right now if that helps.

I have been very active in the real estate market for the last 10 years.

Flipping, renting, remodeling. I am a nocoiner and only come to this board for the non-crypto threads. They're pretty rare, so I normally just scan the catalog then reply to the 2 or 3 actual business thread.

I prefer index funds for liquid investment, but also give some of my money to my best friend from college who manages a fund.

love it here

trashed oil names make up most of my portfolio atm

>comparing normie markets to autist coins

this is where you make a huge mistake mate

are you expecting a rebound in the WTI price? production/stock numbers have been stubborn over the past few months...hoping they start falling off soon :/

with oil equities down 40% for the year hard for me to imagine not priced in

great risk/reward

speculation is always funny, nobody wanted amazon at 500, they love in at 1000

happens over and over and over\

i'd beg to differ, more public and less experienced crowd trading it but still speculation at its core

should i buy gazprom, user?

No one needs your unhelpful help, cuck.

doesn't look bad, i'd like to see a test and hold of 3.80 preferably with a little buying pressure

you could start position here but i'd probably cut it with a close below 3.70 or so

thanks user
any books/resources you recommend to some clueless newfag who has no idea what hes doing in regards to investing?

i manage about $1m of my own money, but its all in boring index stuff that no one cares about.

my current interesting play is small/mid cap oil companies via $PSCE

i've probably spent 10,000 hours in front of the screen so all my stuff comes from first hand fuck ups and trial and error. There's been a lot of both

There's tons of resources if you google, obviously, but just a heads up 99% of "how to" trading books are trash. There's no holy grail trading system, indicator, or method

reminiscence of a stock operator is a classic
market wizards is another good one

Most of my portfolio is old school investment funds. Am also speculating now and gained interest in cripto again (still regret selling a bunch of btc "with a big profit" for aprox 100€ each..).

Keep this in mind: once the big guys (banks tech copanies government) really jumps on this bandwagon all exisiting criptos will get wiped (made illegal) befor they premine and launch their own!! For sure and for real lookat earlier initiatives to create new currency, google it.

Well I'm not a regular and this is literally the first time I come across Veeky Forums. And I only see speculation threads with a lot of cryptocurrencies.

I personally have experience investing into stocks and keeping them long term. I almost never sell my stock unless something radical happens such as a merger or other extreme thing.

I usually look at the div/yield of the stock. Look up if they have a guaranteed dividend. Then I look up their financial history and how long they were able to pay that dividend out.

Majority of my stocks are in resource extraction. Particularly oil extraction companies. I bought a fuckload of stocks. Almost all of my disposable income into Royal Dutch Shell. Because their share price fell insanely low while they still guaranteed a paid dividend that they were able to pay for more than 100 years and their immediate future (20 years from now) seems sealed. Meaning I was able to get ~8% div/yield out of their stocks. I always immediately buy new stocks with the dividend payout but like warren-buffet I like to minimize risk and slowly build up my capital. Which is why I am an investor and not a speculator.

I hate gambling and never gambled in my life so why should I like gambling when it's in digital form? I want guaranteed returns.

Ask me if you want to know more. Seems like this board needs some more rationality.

It's fucked

Between OPEC and shale/fracking I can't see the glut going away

For claiming to having an MBA you sound like one heck of a retard.

By all means short crypto as much as you want, and then cry when it keeps rising long term.