So, why aren't you a Zoroastrian again?

So, why aren't you a Zoroastrian again?

Other urls found in this thread:

iranicaonline.org/articles/marriage-next-of-kin
iranicaonline.org/articles/zoroastrian-rituals
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/11oopo/comment/c6oaosq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jesus died on the cross for my sins.

Because my head isn't quite so far up my own ass that I see out of my navel.

Theor holy texts are just fragments. I want the full version

Is this the only non "Abrahamic" example of monotheism?

How old is Zoroasterism? I only know that 1. The sassanid persians were zoroasterins. 2. They had bad ass fire temples. And 3. They had been passing down their scripture through oral tradition without writing it down for 2000 years prior (in the 5th century)

Only the Gathas matter as they were written by Zoroaster. The rest of the Avesta is a cultural relic.

Could date anywhere from 2000-3000 BC

Because I am an adherent of the Ætsæg Din.

How come Iranians were the only Indo-Europeans to have a monotheistic religion as opposed to the polytheistic religions that were the norm for the rest of the Indo-Europeans?

Polytheism is fucking stupid, that's why. It's for people that don't like to think. Substance Monotheism, like Zoroastrianism, is where it's at.

Fire worship.

Zoroastrians don't literally worship fire. They view it as an icon of sorts, a representation of Wisdom.

Zoroaster happened.

Different forms of Mazdaism/proto-Vedic memes were common amongst them for millenia but he somehow gathered up the stuff he found intresting in the Avestan and created his own sub-religion, which caught on with the Iranian tribes that migrated towards the ME.

What do you mean with cultural relic?

its cosmogony is too fucking complex

Whats that?

how the creation came to be

Whats so complex about it?

>How come Iranians were the only Indo-Europeans to have a monotheistic religion as opposed to the polytheistic religions that were the norm for the rest of the Indo-Europeans?
They were polytheistic though. Even after Zoroaster in actual practice the Zoroastians were still polytheistic, only after the muslim conquest did they start emphasizing the monotheistic "nature" of their religion to have a slightly bigger chance to survive any given years worth of homicidal chimping out on part of their muslim neighbours.

>he isn't a greco-roman polytheist

i'm not a persian

You dont need to be

You do according to traditional Zoroastrians.

*according to Parsis alone

But i am

The Gathas are complete

>He worship the Greek gods
>And not the Di indigetes

Daily reminder that Zoroastrianism influenced Abrahamic religions.

Sorry christcuck, Zoroastrianism predates and has influenced your doomsday cult. But don't worry, you can still worship nigger feet, adopt grown Muslim men and nigglets from Africa, and in short do all things christcucks like to do, you fucking degenerate!

Zoroastrianisms are no more "fire worshipers" then Christians are cross worshipers.

Wrong.

teach me about it

Dualism is for squares.

Why would I? I'm not Persian.

Don't wanna be a Fire Jew.

>zoroastrians
>accepting converts
Pick one.

Every fucking time. It's only Parsis that don't accept converts.

But one thing is true, you can't simply "convert" to Zoroastrianism by declaring it on the internet. You have to reach out to a Zoroastrian community, undergo the conversion process and practice the religion otherwise you're just larping. So the question is, who here is an actual convert and who is just larping, and if the former, share your conversion experience.

I don't wanna fuck my mother.
iranicaonline.org/articles/marriage-next-of-kin

And cleans with cow piss.
iranicaonline.org/articles/zoroastrian-rituals
>Consecrated cow’s urine, called nirang, considered the most powerful cleansing agent, is also applied internally in some rituals of purification such as the sāde-nāhn, where the candidate also chews a pomegranate-twig.
Top fucking kek.

Enlightened religion my ass.

>not chugging a tasty consecrated cup of cow urine

You'll never reach Nirvana that way

>You have to reach out to a Zoroastrian community, undergo the conversion process and practice the religion
But that's just the problem. It's a distinction without a difference. Almost any authentic Zoroastrian community in he West IS Parsi or at least Parsi-dominated.

Iranians who are actually Muslims by birth but wear a farvahar and drone on and on about Zarathustra being prophet #١ (but have never read the Gathas, or, if they have, have never read past them into the Younger Avesta and beyond).

Literally cultural LARPing Zoroastrians. I don't know why actual Zoroastrians aren't outraged by this.

Zoroatrism or monotheistic Zoroatrism?

The Gathas are complete but there's likely other texts attributed to Zarathustra that are lost.

Fuck a religion that can't even give you the entire corpus of its founder. Even shitskin Muhammad did better.

Slightly wrong.

Zurvanism, which was a major school of thought in Zoroastrianism for a time, definitely pushes it into the polytheism/henotheism camp.

Also, the Yazatas toe the line of polytheism sometimes too.

Ive red that according to zoroastrianism that there are gian underground libraries with all kinds of text built by a so called "Great Brotherhood". Maybe we will find those texts someday

>Zoroastrianism influenced Abrahamic religions.

Did not realize Zoroastrianism was the religion practiced in the city of UR and perhaps the rest of Sumeria...

Those archaeologists must be covering up the one true faith with all that nonsense they find pressed into those tablets.

Abrahamic religions arent that old

He's probably an evangelitard that thinks Abraham spoke in KJV Elizabethan English.

Zoroastrianism is the oldest religion on earth

Yes, but Sumeria and it's religious practices are FAR older than Zoroastrianism.

>non-sequitur
?

What are you trying to say? Mesopotamian influence on Judaism doesn't preclude its being influenced by Zoroastrianism later. The majority of scholars agree that the OT was written during the Babylonian captivity when Sumer was already gone. It's main Mesopotamian influences come from the Babylonian epic cycle. Zoroastrianism mainly influenced the part about Satan, angels, the Messiah and last judgement.

>Zoroastrianism mainly influenced the part about Satan, angels, the Messiah and last judgement.

What makes you think any of this is true?

Zoroastrianism is a new religion as far as world history is concerned.

To someone that has studied ancient religious practice for quite some time, Zoroastrianism looks to be derivative of a long chain of older faiths.

Claiming to be the oldest religion on Earth, is disingenuous at best.

Because I venerate the Great Dragon Azhi-Dhaka.

Oh shi-

The same dragon was the protagonist in the Mythical Kingdom I ruled when I was 8.

I wouldn't call him great per se, I teamed up with a half elf/troll ranger and we got old Azhi-Dhaka with just 9 hits.

>Claiming to be the oldest religion on Earth, is disingenuous at best.
Nobody claimed this you dolt. Zoroastrianism influenced Judaism during the postexilic so-called Persian period.

Are you gonna make a new /omg/ thread or what bruv?

>not the precursor of the divine trinity
>not enough heads for a hydra
>not primordial enough

1/10 would not split in twain in order to create the vault of both heaven and earth.

Why you mad tho?

Yeah they do. They're dumb barbarians

Because I'm a manichaean

No wonder their religion is dying out, what a pack of morons.

Giant angels are best angels, amirite?

Are their holy scriptures preserved?

Naw, it is entirely a financial matter.

Do you have any idea what I spent on propane and natural gas every month?

What are you talking about?

I am though, blessed be Ahura Mazda.

It symbolizes cleanliness, order, and purity. It was literally a mark of civilization.

Dont they venerate water too?

What is that supposed to mean?

>not Iranian
>no Zoroastrian temples where I live
>not familiar with anything beyond the dualism, Ahura Mazda, fire temples, the Saoshyant, the final judgement and the resurrection of the body; Humata, Hukhta, Huvarshta
>religion doesn't really accept converts IIRC

You have to be Iranian, born of Iranian parents.

You can't convert, despite it being the best Religion.

You're right, it's not like the jews were ever ruled by the persians or anything, there couldn't possibly have been any influence, especially not in the form of a good-evil dualistic worldview which didn't exist in judaism before the persian conquests.

Keep being in denial.

You dont need to be. The gathas explicly state to spread the religion to everyone

What's wrong with Persians wearing the farvahar? It's part of their heritage. You don't need to be Zoroastrian to carry it, just like nordics don't have to believe in Thor to wear the Mjolnir. It's part of their cultural heritage.

In addition, Christians should cease all their celebration of 'Christian' holidays. They're just LARPing germanic pagans.

no Vultures or mountains in my area

Source, please? The specific passage?

ZahHak did literally nothing wrong.

Fuck Fereydoon.

And yet all these claims of Zoroastrian influence are circumstantial at best.

I've yet to see a single actual piece of evidence indicating influence other than some Zoroboos claiming 'it must be true!'.

According to this post on Leddit that was posted in the Persia thread, even Zoroastrianism wasn't fully formed in the Achaemenid period.
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/11oopo/comment/c6oaosq

It doesn't matter. The Gathas do entreat the Good a religion to be spread to all, Zoroastrians piss on the words of Zarathustra with their close minded cultural ghetto mentality.

>tfw Zoroastrianism will practically die in your lifetime

Weak bait.

Why would I want to become pagan?
Even if I wanted to that I would choose tengriism because I'm not an iranian.

Because unlike Norse Paganism, Zoroastrianism is a living religion with genuine adherents.

A better comparison is wearing the cross if you're not Christian. Don't you think an atheist with a cross would seem a little weird?

>A better comparison is wearing the cross if you're not Christian. Don't you think an atheist with a cross would seem a little weird?
A bit, yeah. Christianity isn't part of the western world's cultural heritage.
>Because unlike Norse Paganism, Zoroastrianism is a living religion with genuine adherents.
And they're an extremely small minority, yet all Persians share their heritage and the farvahar is a cultural symbol.

Because Zoroastrianism might actually be the one true religion.

If it's any of them, it's this one

>Christianity isn't part of the western world's cultural heritage.

Why ?

>thinking European (((Christianity))) is actually Christianity

Well, the struggle between Truth and Falsehood is of course compelling, as is the lack of any kind of eternal punishment for unbelievers and lack of attempts to gain political power inherent therein.

There's no aversion to actually understanding the Universe.

The core Doctrine is to do Good because doing good is good. It does not have petty morals that teach avoidance of pleasure.

Its end-time story involves a period of time (2-3000 years) wherein religiosity will fade away from men.

>A bit, yeah. Christianity isn't part of the western world's cultural heritage.

t american

Stop speaking in the name of the "Westerners" it is embarassing

Christianity IS the Western World's current heritage.

The Modern European States are the modern Versions of Christian States founded by Christians out of the Ashes of Pagan Conquests.

The Middle Ages were not a gaping black pit that the Renaissance fixed, they were the progenitor of the modern West.

Not american.
False, educate yourself.

>muh heritage
>speak about "westerner"

Nobody beside Americans use such term

Yasna 31 Verse 3:
What shall Thou, O God, bestow upon us through Thy spiritual lights? What is the bliss attainable through truth and purity which has been promised to all? What order has been issued in respect of the learned ones? Explain to me, O Mazda, whole of the said facts and enlightened me with Thy inspiring words, so that I may convert all the people into the right path.

>False, educate yourself.

Go somewhere else.

I agree Christianity in Western Europe (and thus the Americas) post-11th century is a poor shadow and corruption of what it actually is, but that doesn't mean it's not a huge part of the culture and heritage.

>accusing an European of being a heritagefag
I really am, and so is the rest of the world. We have an actual heritage that we're trying to preserve. All genocidal and anti-nationalist ideologies stem from countries like the US.
>speak about "westerner"
Most of Europe is in the western world. If you don't know this, you're probably an american yourself.

>Most of Europe is in the western world

Most of Europeans doesn't consider themselves westerners which is a made up term used by dumb americans with no roots, actual europeans feels no link towards other Europeans evenless towards the so called Westerners.

>you're probably an american yourself

Nice try, but i'm an actual European living in Europe
And not some "muh heritage 2/128 Irish"

>Not listening to the divine wisdom of the Prophets.
>Not worshiping the Forerunner creators.
>Not purging filthy heretics who dare desecrate the holy relics.
>Not searching the galaxy for the holy rings that will lead us on the path of the Great Journey into paradise with its cleansing light.
mfw filthy heretics