Tfw the majority of humanity will not recive the gospel

>tfw the majority of humanity will not recive the gospel
>tfw the majority of humanity will reject Christ's love out of pride
>tfw majority of humanity drowning in sin
Hold me

The majority of humanity has enough sense to realize that a series of books inspired by an omnipotent, omniscient, omnibeneficient God would not include major inconsistencies like when the Crucifixion happened.

People don't reject it out of pride, they reject it because they got the scripture without the doublethink indoctrination

I personally dont believe in your meme god but even if I did I would not worship such a psychopath.

There are no inconsistencies, you are rejecting it due to pride. You think you know it, but in fact do not.
>psychopath
MUH FEELIES ;Ccccc EVERYTHING SHOULD FOLLOW MY PERSONAL FICKLE MORALITY WHICH WILL PROBABLY CHANGE IN A FEW WEEKS ;Cccccc

What's going on here?

>There are no inconsistencies
Chronicles chapter 7 buddy:
>20 And the sons of Ephraim; Shuthelah, and Bered his son, and Tahath his son, and Eladah his son, and Tahath his son, 21 and Zabad his son, and Shuthelah his son, and Ezer, and Elead, whom the men of Gath that were born in that land slew, because they came down to take away their cattle. 22 And Ephraim their father mourned many days, and his brethren came to comfort him. 23 And when he went in to his wife, she conceived, and bare a son, and he called his name Beriah, because it went evil with his house. 24 (And his daughter was Sherah, who built Beth-horon the nether, and the upper, and Uzzen-sherah.)
as someone who has very much struggled to believe but was unable to after uncovering the massive amount of evidence that the bible is wrong, I can tell you that pride is not the reason people reject christianity. I wanted to believe in God, being a christian was thoroughly part of how I viewed the ideal self I wanted to be growing up. unfortunately you cannot be well-informed and christian without engaging in flat-out denial and/or doublethink, which I cannot live with

Sorry bud, I wish I believed but everything I've seen and studied in my life leads me to the conclusion that the supernatural aspects of religions are made up.

I don't think there is the kind of god that intervenes in human affairs. The universe operates on the principles of physics and chemistry without regard to our feelings. There could be an afterlife or something, but I think all the current religions are better explained as cults that grew large.

All animals and humans die, many suffering horribly. I don't know how people reconcile God with the horrible things that sometimes happen to the most innocent of us. Original sin is an insufficient explanation because it punishes people for crimes they did not commit. An omnipotent god could think of a better system. And on that note, an omnipotent god could just zap down on a bolt of lightning and literally shake your hand and introduce himself rather than communicating with you through "signs" and ancient books.

Not an inconsistency.
Regardless
>muh consistency is good meme because some greek sed so
Replacing a Golden Bull with the Idea of Gold doesn't make you any less of a heretic.
Nobody cares about your feelies.
Nobody is innocent. Hurr durr ppl r innocent because the converse makes me feel bad! muh humanist indoctrination!

A man who could probably benefit from regular psychiatric help.

>this level of autism

We should start putting these quotes on CWC pictures or something.

A person i disagree with? they must be le crazy because im right!
epin meme you should take a photo of this with your iphone and post it on /r/Veeky Forums for le karma!

>A person i disagree with? they must be le crazy because im right!

A man reacting with unwarranted hostility because someone doesn't buy into their delusions? Yep, that sounds pretty textbook.

You're fighting for nothing. Abandon your religion and liberate yourself.

>tfw you are following the wrong religion

I bet he don't even haile hitley, what a pathetic cuck!

>tfw your omni-everything sky wizard could fix it all without effort or cost to himself, but chooses not to. Because he LOVES us.

dude free will lmao

anybody i dislike mus tbe le deluded im so le enlighten

It's morality, not love. Morality does not exist without free will. Stop being a child.

I'm an atheist I've had non-marital sex with seven different women, many times each, purely for pleasure. Sorry.

But hey if you're an attractive enough woman I might just be persuaded to hold you for a night.

Why do Christcucks only make shit threads?

It was all pre-ordained by God :)

I'm...it's complicated. But I, too, have had premarital relations, some times with women I really didn't like that much! Shocking, right?

Old hags aren't attractive, sorry that you have no standards!

Once upon a time, there was an old man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach every morning before he began his work. Early one morning, he was walking along the shore after a big storm had passed and found the vast beach littered with starfish as far as the eye could see, stretching in both directions.

Off in the distance, the old man noticed a small boy approaching. As the boy walked, he paused every so often and as he grew closer, the man could see that he was occasionally bending down to pick up an object and throw it into the sea. The boy came closer still and the man called out, “Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?”

The young boy paused, looked up, and replied “Throwing starfish into the ocean. The tide has washed them up onto the beach and they can’t return to the sea by themselves,” the youth replied. “When the sun gets high, they will die, unless I throw them back into the water.”

The old man replied, “But there must be tens of thousands of starfish on this beach. I’m afraid you won’t really be able to make much of a difference.”

The boy bent down, picked up yet another starfish and threw it as far as he could into the ocean. Then he turned, smiled and said, “It made a difference to that one!”

The fuck do you think the inconsistency in that meaningless story is?

Being a clear thinking wise person =/= autism, you internet quack.

Pride is good. Pride is what built civilization. Pride is what conquered nations, what made White Europa the jewel of the world. Pride is what invented the internet that you're using to shitpost right now. Only a beta cuck would think pride is a bad thing.

>Nobody cares about your feelies.
>Nobody is innocent. Hurr durr ppl r innocent because the converse makes me feel bad! muh humanist indoctrination!

Judge not, lest ye be judged? Careful you don't commit the sin of pride or else you might get tortured for eternity by the all powerful creator of the universe. Sure, he loves you and wants nothing more than your happiness, but he's watching you and he's ready to drop you down to Hell. Just like he's going to do to me because I don't think he exists. He's going to torture me forever even though he made the universe I was born in, controls every aspect of my existence, reads my every thought, knows how and why I come to these conclusions about his existence, and does nothing to intervene. Oh yeah, he did intervene all the time before video cameras were invented, but now he doesn't need to because there's plenty of evidence in a 2000 year old book by anonymous authors, which is a lot like the fake books written without his intervention, only this one is the only real one, because it says so, even though the other books say the same thing about themselves.

Pride comes before destruction, and a haughty look before a fall. Pride turned the highest angel into the devil himself.

I'm not making judgements
>torture
Go read the Bible you dope.
>controls every aspect of existence
False
>a bunch of other shitposting non-content nonsense
You have to go back
>anonymous authors
What the fuck are you on?

Pride is what carved mighty European colonies, pride and bullets from Maxim guns cut through savage natives to bring the torch of knowledge. Pride is what will Make America Great Again. Satan did nothing wrong.

>Innumerable cultures around the world invent their own supernatural beliefs
>Everything from spirits in trees and rivers, to seeing the stars as remnants of the dead
>Some turn into polytheist pantheons like the Greek/Roman and Egyptian
>The ancient Egyptian religion almost went monotheist in its worship of Aten under Akhenaten
>Monotheist religions like Zoroastrianism and Judaism emerge
>Parts of Judaism branches off into its derivatives Christianity and Islam
IMO it's very easy to view Christianity as just another part in the evolution of belief. As you know its stories and narrative are to a large extent based on previous religions in the very same area of the world where it emerged.

Judaism and Christianity simply don't strike me as THE undeniable word of God when they merely look like extensions of previous Middle Eastern beliefs.

This. There's a reason people in the 1800s were shocked when finding the earliest flood myths written down.

Oh look, armchair scholars.

lol nice argument

Thank you, I try to read a lot.

>arguments are good because the mold in my armchair sez so
I'm sick of undergrads pretending that they know everything after taking a World Relgions course.

>wasting time and money at college
lmaoing @ ur life

Poorfags sure are funny.

OK, what's your counterpoint? "Shut up, it's all the word of god even though we can track its development through the course of history!"

What did I do wrong? I only provided some brief context and why it makes me think of Christianity as just another iteration of the same old story.

I've never studied any kind of social science at a university level either...

>history
>tracking
Around systematizers, never accept mental relaxers.
Oh look, you know nothing about Christianity.

>Oh look, you know nothing about Christianity.
Are you one of them idiots that thinks the only people who know anything about Christianity are people that agree with it? Because it's been extensively studied, and the conclusion is that it's an extension of the semitic faiths of the region.

I'm not atheist from pride, but honesty, I just genuinely don't buy it, I can't tell myself I believe what I don't

>studied
It can't be studied by seculars, or studied at all. Sorry, systematizer-kun!

I don't claim to know a lot about Christianity. I only provided my main reason for not viewing Christianity as a uniquely true religion.

If this way of thinking is wrong, then please give a counter argument.

Late one afternoon, after his midday rest, David got out of bed and was walking on the roof of the palace. As he looked out over the city, he noticed a woman of unusual beauty taking a bath. (2 Samuel 11:2)

He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. (Psalm 23:2)

It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones. (Psalm 127:2)

So why should we play ball with you, if you're not willing to play by the rules?

It would by like trying to talk to someone who doesn't acknowledge the rules of language.

Why would I do that? You already presuppose a stance.
>the rules
This is what ystematizers actually believe.

spotted the Superman

Yes, the rules, where a fruitful discussion can actually be had, rather than a pointless shouting match in which we try to argue with a crazy person completely ungrounded in reality.

These forms of study are part of how we understand the world around us, and thus interact with reality in a fashion other than banging rocks together and screwing.

I try not to. That's why I stated that I don't know a lot about Christianity at all. I acknowledge that my current opinion could be completely irrational and that you might be correct about all this.

Only problem is that I have no idea what you're arguing for and what your views are.

>fruitful discussion is good
>anybody i dislike is crazy
>reality exists because some greek sed so
>systematizing is good because i sed so (muh will to truth)
Why do my views matter?

What a pointless philosophical cul-de-sac you've driven yourself into. Well acting like an idiot wont change the fact that the claims of Christianity are fucking absurd.

>theyre absurd and thats bad because it doesnt fit muh will to system!

>There are no inconsistencies

Boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:

>Romans 5:1: "Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

>James 2:24: "You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

Contradiction of your own belief

(((Christ)))

They're absurd and can reasonably be taken as bullshit. Whether that's bad or not is irrelevant.

Not inconsistencies, sorry.
>faith is needed
>works are also important
WOW HOW FUCKING CRAZY THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE AT ALL WTF THERE IS NO GOD BECAUSE TFW NO GF
Why? You claim to be logical, but cannot explain a single claim.
>muh will to system
>it doesnt fit my autistic categories? INTO THE BIN

Behold the light of God

That's an inconsistency. One says explicitly that faith alone is what justifies you (there's more to that section of the Bible than that, it's pretty clear that it's faith, not works) the other expliclty says that works are required to justify you.

>Why? You claim to be logical, but cannot explain a single claim.

Quote me.

Also you mostly just spew shit and act like a lunatic. You aren't interested in discussion, you're interested in shouting at people that disagree with you. It's pathetic.

How powerful, so BRAVE

No, it doesn't say faith alone. Sorry, you're illiterate. Get off the fucking board you actual brainlet.
>Also you mostly just spew shit and act like a lunatic
YOU ARENT GOING TO DO THING I LIKE, SO IM GOING TO CALL YOU NAMES BECAUSE I CANT WIN OTHERWISE! ITS ALL ABOUT WINNING HAHA LIFE IS WAR, I LEARNED THIS FROM BLOOD MERIDIAN AND NEE CHEE (NSDAP revisions of)

Abrahamic religion puts more focus on history than natural philosophy. Look there instead

If you disagree with my outlook, then it would seem as if your ideas are contrary to mine, no?

It would be nice to know what those views are. For instance you write about rejecting the way things are categorized when studied scientifically, which is very interesting. Does this philosophy have a name?

>No, it doesn't say faith alone. Sorry, you're illiterate. Get off the fucking board you actual brainlet.

Paul emphatically says it's through faith alone.

>YOU ARENT GOING TO DO THING I LIKE, SO IM GOING TO CALL YOU NAMES BECAUSE I CANT WIN OTHERWISE! ITS ALL ABOUT WINNING HAHA LIFE IS WAR, I LEARNED THIS FROM BLOOD MERIDIAN AND NEE CHEE (NSDAP revisions of)

This is what I'm talking about. There's no actual discussion to be had with you, because you're a childish dipshit. Your existence is a good argument for abortion.

>There are no inconsistencies, you are rejecting it due to pride. You think you know it, but in fact do not.

Why don't you go re-read Luke and Matthew and come up with a bizarre pretzel explanation as to how Jesus has two separate (and contradictory) geneologies going through Joseph, who supposedly isn't his father anyway. While you're at it, please tell me how you reconcile the differences between Matthew's verses in 1:6-16 with that of 1 Chronicles chapter 3. Also, Matthew claims in 6:17 that there were 14 generations between the Babylonian exile to Jesus, when he only gives 13; Salathiel, Zerobabel, Abiud, Eliakim, Azor, Sadoc, Achim, Eliud, Eleazar, Matthan, Jacob, Joseph, and finally Jesus.

>have a name
Oh look, more systematizing
Wow so fucking edgy folded 1000 times
>different variations of a story are bad because muh greeks sed so even though their crap was filled with them! muh greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks!!!!!!!!!!!

>Different versions of a story are inconsistent, and I am objectively wrong in my previous claim.
FTFY.

Haha I don't know why I keep trying...

Do you recommend that I read something? Or should I just embrace Christ and not ask any questions?

>inconsistent
No they aren't, I don't think you understand the implications of my choice of language
>asking questions is good because some greek said so

>asking questions is bad because it makes Jesus look silly

TWO CAN PLAY THIS GAME!

Also:

Aristotle > Jesus

You're right, my mistake for trying to learn.

>Learning
>Not going full solipsist and rejecting everything but one's conciousness

>Aristotle > Jesus
False
>vice:
Never paying off your debts
>vice:
Paying off your debts
>virtue
Paying off your debts just enough to prevent repossession and spending the rest on imported doujins and heroin

ABSOLUTE GENIUS!
>learning is good becuz some greek sed so

14 is not equal to 13, and that is a principle that has existed way longer than the Greeks had.

A 14yo girl is just as good as a 13yo one, so you're wrong.
Why does it matter if it's older?

>Not inconsistencies, sorry.
lmao nigga the damage control is real. Early Christian literally had to hold councils to discuss how to continue with that shoddy piece of shit you call the Bible

>Its another edgelord Christian making a thread on Veeky Forums

>hmmmmmmm............
>kek!

>damage control
Wrong
>people did it, so its true
They were stuck in the Greco-memetic mindset, like you are.
>shoddy
False, stop shitposting.

>this truth triggers Veeky Forumspergs

dude it IS fucking shoddy, you have 4 accounts Jesus' life and they all differ from each other in couple of ways. Pretty bizarre considering they all lived together with the big man himself

>its shoddy because it doesn't fit my reddit ideology

bruh it literally doesn't even fit your own ideology lmao

I don't have one, dope.

no dumbass, economic competition and a desire for good made european colonies.

>Pointing out facts is Reddit

Facts don't exist, sorry to tell you.

This aint Huffpo kiddo

>If I strawman Aristotle's views hard enough, I can totally make him look worse than mr "I'm right because my dad will beat you up eternally for disagreeing with me."

>tfw all sentient beings will recive enlightenment
>tfw all of humanity will blossom in the dharma
>tfw humanity will be liberated from ignorance, grasping, and aversion
>Release me

>strawman
Not at all, this is what he actually believed.

>It doesn't matter what the Bible actually says
Good arguments

[Citation needed]

>"Hey user, is Jesus the son of God or just a human messenger?"
>Sorry, there's no such thing as facts. Look at how edgy I am >:D

Nietzsche's idea of Uberman is exactly what Jesus what preaching without all the BS about religion because he even loved the people who crucified him... talk about free oneself to the point of bowing down to Roman guards sent by the Pharisees

(You)

22 He never sinned,
nor ever deceived anyone.
23 He did not retaliate when he was insulted,
nor threaten revenge when he suffered.
He left his case in the hands of God,
who always judges fairly.
24 He personally carried our sins
in his body on the cross
so that we can be dead to sin
and live for what is right.
By his wounds