Why do wealthy people buy ugly houses?

Other urls found in this thread:

mcmansionhell.com/101
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THEY'RE RICH. They get to do whatever the fuck they want and give no fucks.

Wealth does not imply taste or intelligence.

>Implying that's not a lovely house

user... If your taste is so bad you can't tell that house is an abomination you probably shouldn't be on the Humanities board

What would you prefer that their houses look like?

Are you fucking kidding me?

that looks like heaven

He's right though

it looks like a disjointed, architecturally spastic mess of rooflines and cut-and-paste palladian windows to me laddy

ITT Europoors get jealous because middle class American homes look like castles to them.

>Humanities board
REEEEEEEE

Useless, culturally devoid lumps of drywall and pinewood, designed purely to consume cheap lumber, Mexican labour, subprime mortgages, and gasoline. I'll stick with comfy cities and actual castles thanks m8

>castle but also slave plantation
Ah Americans with their unique """""culture""""""", weird that they abandoned the great styles of Europe, I mean England has the best orthodox style church but no one comments on that

Fuck off retard

Yeah show me your house, then we'll talk

and now we see the fetid backside of the spiteful, unrefined culture which spawned these monstrosities.

>unironically protecting McMansions
lol

Enjoy your $3 000 000 cardboard house with foam columns.

That looks like heaven to me

Try looking at actually decent architecture instead.

>American nouveau riche has no taste

More news at 11!

>white trash are always poor

>any American home built in the last 20 years, using Chinese materials

Enjoy renovating in another 20.

Castles aren't made of carboard boxes, Cletus.

>tfw you can actually destroy an American house completely with just punches and kicks

>"""""""castles""""""

being rich in america entails doing putting on airs and doing what you think rich people would do.

then the mega-rich can sell you this hideous 5 million dollar house (though even the mega-rich live in ugly ass houses as well)

>made of paper, wood and hollow bricks
Eh, passable.

This. But these jpg with captions are fucking hilarious, keep posting them pls.

>Minecraft designed house

Ask and you shall receive.

in the past it somehow worked better, guess there is a difference between "just rich" and "wealthy and well educated in arts and history"

As a North American (Canadian, admittedly) I cannot fathom this particular trend. If I struck it rich, my ideal house would probably be a fairly plain, relatively small, two story box made of brick with an attic and a basement.

I used to live in a suburb, and I'd have to rake and mow for five hours. How the hell do people live with so much land? Do they just not have free time?

In fact, why do people love grass and trees so much? All it does is waste your time.

So basically what I've gathered from this thread is
>Turrets ree
>Mismatched windows ree

Its random hodgepodge of little turrets and random architectural features makes that thing look almost Byzantine.

Is it, dare I say it, /ourMcMansion/?

They hire Mexicans, lad. Some opt for child labor, which is what you did.

There's an entire series of posts on what makes them bad if you're interested:

mcmansionhell.com/101

The blog I linked above is the sauce, they have a lot of these + interior design ones aswell, which are honestly even funnier.

Not sure what's wrong with trees, but the huge lawns are a carryover from large southern plantations where having a lawn was a way of saying "I literally have so much fertile land, I can afford to not grow food crops on parts of it".

These houses are horrid though, but you're meme-ing yourself if you think Euro houses are "better" built, because they use brick/stone. Renovating old houses in europe is a nightmare, because of all the different styles and standards of construction that have come and gone through the years not to mention the character and antiquity laws.

I'll take a comfy burger farm house over a brick shit house in the UK where you share walls on both sides and are forbidden from doing any work yourself.