Evola

What would Evola think of the Alt-Right and modern right-wing populism if he were alive to see them?

He would find them to be lacking in the magical department. Dirty materialist swine.

He would be their enemy, he was an antifascist.

That is has potentiality but it's not the real deal, specially do to its libertarian strain.

Better question what would he think of Kek?

due*

They aren't lacking in spirituality at all though. This is obvious unless you're the most ignorant or observer.

t. /pol/tard with zero self-awareness

Did I say spirituality or did I say magic? Notice also how OP talked about the Alt-Right and modern right-wing populism - a very wide category (two very wide categories even) to a large extent describing groups of people of scientific and materialistic worldviews, as most people hold today. The occult has a place on the fringes of right-wing culture (as it has on the fringes of left-wing culture) but even those magical circles bordering on the political in their thoughts on nationalism, racial purity and anti-industrialism/anti-modernity tend to be more apolitical (or apoliteic) in their treatment of these topics.

I might just be an ignorant observer though and am very interested in the underlying spirituality of the Alt-Right and right-wing populism. Would you kindly redpill me?

Magic is the same as spirituality you idiot.

I'm pretty sure the two are related but one would have to be an idiot to think of them as completely synonymous. Spirituality can refer to a belief system while magic is by definition a practice.

Evola would have found it distasteful. He was decidedly anti-populist

having a spirituality without having it influence your actions in some way is any oxymoron. Regardless, spend some time around reactosphere blogs. They are nothing but esotericism, the occult and traditionalism. If anything the stray atheist or philosophical materialist is on the fringes.

Nonetheless magic refers explicitly to a practice while spirituality can refer to belief systems indirectly influencing behaviour without being understood by the believer as a willful practice. As I said, this kind of culture exists on the fringes of right-wing culture but OP's questions refers to "the Alt-Right and modern right-wing populism" which encompasses more than traditionalist nerd internet culture. I also find your answer to be very unspecific as I would genuinely like to know about the underlying spirituality of the Alt-Right and right-wing populism.

>I also find your answer to be very unspecific as I would genuinely like to know about the underlying spirituality of the Alt-Right and right-wing populism.

The problem with that question is that alt-right is perhaps too vague a term as of now to really pin point specifics. Some of the examples i'm going to mention will probably deny being alt-right at all. Still they are relevant because of the the previously mentioned vagueness. To pinpoint the diverse spirituality of the alt-right here are some random figures
occultism = Styxhexxenhammer666
Neopaganism = Varg
Gnosticism/Orthodoxy = Dugin
Traditional Orthodoxy = Mark Citadel
Traditional Catholicism = gornahoor

You're going about this in the wrong direction. What you are doing is naming occult figures which you perceive, and some of which probably regard themselves, as right-wing. Some of these people probably will deny being right-wing because they are not. Whether racism, nationalism, social darwinism or other attitudes usually perceived as right-wing should be regarded as such is dependent on the context in which they are expressed. If these qualities are to the persons in question of an apolitical, spiritual nature and they explicitely deny being involved in right-wing politics they really aren't example for Alt-Right spirituality at all. As I said the occult has a place on the fringes of right-wing culture (as it has on the fringes of left-wing culture) but even those magical circles bordering on the political in their thoughts on nationalism, racial purity and anti-industrialism/anti-modernity tend to be more apolitical (or apoliteic) in their treatment of these topics. This tells us nothing about the spirituality of the Alt-Right and right-wing populism in general, which I would argue are mostly of a non-spiritual and materialistic nature.

This is bait

Evola was decidedly anti-populist and anti-modernity, which means he would have opposed the alt-right on ideological grounds.
However, he would have probably latched onto the movement in order to steer it in the correct direction.
Basically, same as fascism.

>Evola was decidedly anti-populist and anti-modernity, which means he would have opposed the alt-right on ideological grounds.
>However, he would have probably latched onto the movement in order to steer it in the correct direction
This. Funnily enough, this seems to be exactly what Neofolk culture is all about.

He'd think exactly what he wrote in his books.

Tradition as he sees it is dead and cannot be revived. Fascism was something he viewed as being only better than capitalism or communism, not a system he particularly loved, and he became disillusioned with it after failing to influence it.

The so called Alt-Right is an incredibly feeble attempt to check the kind of decline Evola wrote about.

>Some of these people probably will deny being right-wing because they are not.
Only one of the figures I listed would deny being right wing and he's a libertarian.

>This tells us nothing about the spirituality of the Alt-Right and right-wing populism in general, which I would argue are mostly of a non-spiritual and materialistic nature.
What are the arguments of this? Whether it's people backlashing against secular humanism, kekism and numerology, marginalized traditionalist or the pure amount of religious who voted for Trump I only see a large correlation between spirituality and right wing populism.

>The so called Alt-Right is an incredibly feeble attempt to check the kind of decline Evola wrote about.

this desu

>greasy Italian magician larping as a poo-in-loo
>inspired by Guenon who larped as a muslim
yeah
these guys suck

>I can only understand people in soundbites
The Internet was a mistake

>complaining about soundbites
>responds using one

He'd see the memes and scoff immediately. The alt right is not aristocratic enough for him, he'd probably see it as a joke form of fascism which Evola likewise criticized.

Never seen a photo of him from the side. I kinda have the same facial profile. Scary.

Antifa faggots would kick over Evola's trashcan. He was a staunch traditionalist, which to them equals NAZI

He was obviously baiting and you took the bait.

Aut-right is closer to Nazism, rather then fascism; and Evola sucked Himmler's dick.

Did Evola had a GF?

He had sex with teenage girls

Didn't he die in his mum basement?

i heard he live streamed his suicide on /b/

>modern right-wing populism

He'd detest it. Evola wasn't a populist, it goes against everything he espoused.

Evola was a self described anti-fascist though.

The main reason he was a dadaist was to make irl shitposting against normalfags desu

An antisemitic, anti-communist, Europe loving, traditionalist anti-fascist.

Go fuck off with your own intellectuals.

He'd criticize it, the alt-right is mostly democratic and embraces "what they wish to protest against".
He'd probably say they are a female potential power in need of a forming, life-giving light.

>He'd probably say they are a female potential power in need of a forming, life-giving light.
So basically word salad like literally everything he ever wrote?
The vast majority of these Evola fags don't even understand what he meant by "tradition". Which I can't blame them for cause the man obscures any meaning he has in 60 paragraphs of bullshit. Tradition to Evola is not blonde girls holding books or old cathedrals or whatever gets posted here or on the tumblr/facebook "traditionalist" pages. Tradition was something which totally predated modernity, was esoteric and conformed to certain principles and structures. Mannerbund for example which doesn't fucking exist this side of Teutoburg Forest 300AD.

Many people read Ride the Tiger cause they think its a self help book for racists. In the end its 200 pages of "Apollonian wizard jitsu to ward off the Kali Yuga". It isn't that there aren't great examples of rightist criticism of modernity. In fact people would find what they look for in Evola in the far more sane and approachable Ernst Junger. I don't like mentioning Junger because if he gets memed on in the same Evola has its gonna ruin everything. To answer the question he would have hated the r/thedonald fags but the alt-right is broad enough there is probably someone off his meds enough he could have got along with them.

PS read Carl Schmitt and throw out your $25 Evola wastes of paper

>Dugin
I'm so fucking disgusted by that cuck. He's literally more of a cuckold than Soros.

>tame the cat
Had a good laugh there

>An antisemitic, anti-communist, Europe loving, traditionalist anti-fascist.
And? There's nothing contradictory about it. Especially considering that fascism had basically nothing to do with antisemitism until hitler forced mussolini to enact racial laws, and that evola's antisemitism was spiritual, not material.

He was an anti fascist because he was to the far right of fascism. It's pretty simple.

>Populism
Evola wasnt concerned with the masses, he was all for aristocracy of the warrior and priesthood castes (as opposed to the merchant caste of today).

>Alt-right
Some parts of the alt-right are more in line with his idea of traditionalism, but they are a minority for sure.

I think Evola would view their struggle as utterly pointless. Seeing the rampant degeneracy and suicidal tendencies of our civilisation would be all the more proof that the Kali Yuga is underway and cannot be reversed. Better to let it run its course and await the inevitable revival.

He died in a fulfilling way after living an accomplished life at an old age. This life included lots of sex parties.

He would see them for what they are: nationalist, simple minded scum, claiming not only to "understand", but what is more comical, "follow" the same ideas as he himself.

He would find himself at home.

He pretty much birthed the movement.