2014 + (12 / 4)

>2014 + (12 / 4)
>still being spooked

Why do you people still live your life by """"""""""morals?""""""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People can't let go of morality because of the narcissistic pleasure that comes with it. Morality is like a religion.

A super natural incoherent concept that originates from religions but has turned into a religion of it's own for some non-believers.

The only unspooked people are literal sociopaths.

Because the morals I live by make me happy. I feel good about being what I think is being a good person.

Because it benefits me as an individual like Stirner wanted.

>muhh sosiyopathzz

grow up

>not being a sociopath

Another simple roach to be exploited.

he's correct though. sociopath is an actual disorder where people are incapable of feeling empathy and are more impulsive

Because morality is what keeps us from declining into an shit-ridden society.

I live my life according to morals because I feel bad otherwise. It is in my best interest to behave morally.

Sociopathy as you know it is a Hollywood fairly tail.
Empathy is nothing special is just a product of abstract thinking, to "put yourself in another's shoes" as they say. Thinking about things from someone else's perspective can possibly give great insight into the motives, reasons, and feelings of another person, and "sociopaths" definitely have this ability. In fact, empathy is a pretty useful tool for malicious behavior.

In the real world "sociopath" is just a name for people who have committed anti-social crimes.

Why is this stale meme still a thing?

Having morals pleases me.

Being virtuous has benefits in social, mental and physical endeavors.

A man with no personal codified values is no less a slave to intellectual specters and passions and masks what their true desires are.

Have there ever been a nihilist who wouldn't become a staunch moralist as soon as he left his comfort zone?

Sociopaths are able to understand other's perspectives, but they are unable to feel any emotional connection to that person as a result. If someone was killed in front of them they would be able to think "if that was me it would fucking hurt" but they won't empathize with the person. It's more than simply anti-social crimes, non-sociopaths also commit these same acts. the brains of sociopaths are actually wired differently than our's.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

>than ours
Where do you think you are?

>If someone was killed in front of them they would be able to think "if that was me it would fucking hurt" but they won't empathize with the person.

You just described empathy.

I'd love to hear all about how you step on roaches on your road to personal success and hedonism. I'm sure you're the living image of Patrick Bateman

empathy means more than simply "putting yourself in someone else's shoes", it also includes an emotional reaction towards that person, hence empathizing. what sociopaths lack is this emotional reaction

You caught me

What we seem to be arguing is cognitive empathy vs affective empathy. They're both the same thing, but affective empathy is when you have an emotional reaction. I've read that "sociopaths" are actually really good at cognitive empathy, and can even have affective empathy if they try.

These proposed "sociopaths" don't seem different from anyone else.

>They're both the same thing, but affective empathy is when you have an emotional reaction.
So they're not the same?
Lacking en emotional reaction to empathy makes them different than most.

>Lacking en emotional reaction to empathy makes them different than most.

It completely to depends. What if I see someone who I dislike get what's coming to them? I'll watch and study them reacting to it. I'll try to reduce what they might be thinking and feeling, and get sadistic pleasure from it. Seems like the biggest difference for sociopaths (who I see as mostly mythical) is that for whatever reason they do not value others.

My morals are mine and mine alone. Living according to my own principles means to authentically act as I wish to live.

we need idiots to help and assist us in order for us to profit from their selfless efforts and those of them who aren't born innately servile like dogs (you don't need to argue with dogs, licking your hand is in their nature) need to be manipulated to think that "good" (i.e. serving us) is to be preferred to "evil" (i.e. hurting our interests)

If morals serve my self interest, they're fine.

Being nice to people improves my social standing and is a good dopamine shot.

As long as you do it for those reasons and not for the sake of morality. Extrinsic vs intrinsic values.

Same reason Stirner did, because I want to.

Why even call that morality?

Because it's the best choice for myself, others and future generations, you silly goose.

I made this 4 or 5 years ago and it still applies today.

LOL

Try harder next time, my property :^)

It's everyone's. I hereby declare its copyright as public domain.

>why even have words lmao
Probably because non-NEETs don't have the time to write a fucking thesis on why altruism is a false virtue that selfishly benefits everyone involved. So they'll settle for that two-syllable word instead.

No no, you are my property

Maybe if you weren't so spooked this wouldn't happen to you

King James Bible

For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

If you are going for trolling sure, It shows a complete misunderstanding of Stirner though.

Not if you do it for morality's sake. Your driving motive has to be your self as well. Just because something makes you feel better doesn't mean it's Stirnerean.

we need to convince the gullible that virtue will bring them happiness so that we may profit from their selflessness

Cooperator societies have higher fitness than defector societies.

Defectors can exploit Cooperators, so Cooperators can impose Morals and Punishments on the Society to keep defectors in shape.

>dude im too busy to have in depth discussions on a history/philosophy board all i kno is that your wrong lmao