God I suck at this

I started in early June, and thus far I have managed to turn $2000 into $1600. If anyone could point me towards some crypto resources, or offer me tips I would appreciate it

I seem to have horrible instincts. I follow my gut, but my gut is almost always wrong. Then I tried analyzing trends, and that was wrong too.

:(

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCdC3h2m88FC02Yw-A_VESRQ
youtube.com/channel/UCCmJln4C_CszIusbJ_MHmfQ
youtube.com/channel/UCxODjeUwZHk3p-7TU-IsDOA
youtube.com/channel/UC-f5nPBEDyUBZz_jOPBwAfQ
bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-MGO
coinmarketcap.com/assets/mobilego/
youtube.com/watch?v=zM_RfxHW9EQ&list=PL9t9KTlU4aIvg1x-IAOBKtR9AapqgXbe_&index=4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>started same time
>doubled my money

wtf didnt you learn from the digibyte fiasco?

I turned $2000 to $1000, but it's mostly because of impulse buys of bad coins and using exchanges with high fees.

i started in june 14 and as of today have basically doubled my initial amount. I have worked since I was 16ish and this is the most money I've ever made in my life (26 now). I held for all last week so I didn't lose out with panic sellers. Feels pretty good.

These are the channels I watch every day.

youtube.com/channel/UCdC3h2m88FC02Yw-A_VESRQ

youtube.com/channel/UCCmJln4C_CszIusbJ_MHmfQ

youtube.com/channel/UCxODjeUwZHk3p-7TU-IsDOA

youtube.com/channel/UC-f5nPBEDyUBZz_jOPBwAfQ

Read their whitepapers, research their projects and team members, see if their github is being "actively" updated. And don't forget to hodl.

What happened? Is that why that person posts that cat everyday?

You watch Suppoman. Lol.

I actually started right after the digibyte thing. I started around june 16

I was being aggressive and doing impulse thing

>Be Me
>Sitting on "safe coins"
>Bored of slow gains
>Go all in on patientory at 36 cents, get out at 45 for a little profit
>Go all in on ANS at $6 and $9
>Convince myself it is the next ethereum. Hold until it drops to $6 and panic sell, fearing I will lose it all

And that is how I got to $1600. I couldve had $4000 if i sold at the ANS high, but I was dumb and greedy

Now I am just sitting on bittcoin, afraid to do anything

I know that feel.

Started with $2400 went to $5100. Now $2500.

I buy at all the wrong times.

I put up a post like this an hour ago and the bets advice was to do the exact opposite of my instincts. Perhaps that would work for you.

>bought BTC at coinbase ATH using bank transfer. Lose $400 a week later after the transaction completed because BTC dropped in value.

>made 1% profit here and there from scalping
>lost 1% here and there from bad trades

>bought BTC at coinmama, lost money from high fees + unknown international transaction fee

>made 40% profit from Numeraire during the massive pump

>lack of patience got the better of me

>wasted .1 BTC on the scam Sprout coin

>lost .1 BTC on the scam Breakout coin

>lost fractions of 1% repeatedly here and there because I was having a bad case of FUD

Well I am glad to hear I am not alone at least. I keep reading about people making massive gains and it makes me feel depressed.

Honestly, I am not really sure where to go from here

>Honestly, I am not really sure where to go from here

The reason I lost a lot of money was because I didn't have patience. So my advice is to wait for another opportunity like Numeraire. You make a lot more at a single good opportunity than you'll ever make at multiple small opportunities.

Some people were born to be losers, others were born to be winners.
I'm with you OP. I'm a loser too.

So how do you see something like Numeraire coming? I only noticed it was big when it was in the "Biggest gainer" section of bittrex, and by then it was too late

Nah, that is a selffulfilling prophecy you are making. We can make it if we persevere !

If you want to keep it easy for yourself:

When the rate of ETH to BTC is above .1 trade ETH to BTC.
When the rate of ETH to BTC is below .1 trade BTC to ETH

repeat

>Bored of slow gains

So after about a week of trading you decided "Well, I know everything there is to know about this highly volatile, unregulated, speculative market rife with scam artists and bullshit information. Might as well just spray money at the next thing I see"

>And that is how I got to $1600.

Well alright then.

Have you seen the price for ANS you literally bought at the highest and sold at the lowest.
buy a promising coin and hold. Dont get scared when things drop.

Whats the deal with litecoin?

the worst thing you can possibly do is learn from this board. research every coin on coinmarketcap, visit all of the websites and read the whitepapers, invest in what you think sounds interesting

People think it could go up in price in about a month.
Not really much to the rumors though, but always worth it to have one or two to see what happens.

>So how do you see something like Numeraire coming? I only noticed it was big when it was in the "Biggest gainer" section of bittrex, and by then it was too late

I didn't see it coming. Some user mentioned that it was pumping. I saw that it was indeed pumping. Because the trades were happening so fast and the buyers were constantly bumping up the price, I saw a chance to make a profit. The same pattern happened with Patientory. If buyers aren't constantly bumping the price at a fast rate, it's almost guaranteed that the price will drop once you buy. There also needs to be at progressively longer candle green sticks. Coins with green candlesticks with super long wicks are guaranteed scams.

Buy MGO now. As soon as it hits Bittrex, its going to 5x in price. Its the next Numeraire.

Just bought five at $53
I figure Im going to make some money no matter what

Don't go all in a coin. Even with actual stocks you never do that. If you diversify you also spread minimize risk from one particular coin tanking. If they all tank like yesterday then they all recover usually. But if one starts going down you can just sell and rebuy, even if it's at a loss, you can recover if you buy while it's low and the coin recovers.

>youtube.com/channel/UC-f5nPBEDyUBZz_jOPBwAfQ

What's 2000$ to lose? I don't know how old you are and how much you make, but seriously.. people who lose that kind of money don't go on a bridge and dive. It's a couple of weeks of hard work wasted for sure, but don't get all panicy over that. Unless you bought a memecoin out of desperation.. just hold it for a couple of weeks, months... worst case scenario you lost a grand.. boohoo..

This. It's also extremely stable.

bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-MGO

The amounts here don't look right compared to what's listed here.

coinmarketcap.com/assets/mobilego/

OP, buy CFI and wait for x8currency be launched. Easy money.

I used to do that too... Then I started investing long term. Think about real value

You shouldn't risk anything that you aren't willing to lose entirely. Perhaps this is not for you.

lol cfi nigger please

Only down a few percent but fucking god damnit...thought I knew a little bit this market moves fast and is shitty...filled with scams. Obviously not a magic money factory.

That said...is CFI gonna be a win or am I gonna be looking at useless coins forever

CFI = COMFY

Do what said, OP.

I put 5k into crypto last june and now its hovering around 200k.

Read whitepapers, invest in fundamentals and hold long term. Ignore shitcoin pump and dumps and meme coins. Don't trade unless something catastrophic has happened to the protocol itself and when the price dips pick up more.

Digibyte had a lot of hype which didn't really pan out. The price dropped, hard. No more or less than any other crash, mind you.

Somewhere along the way however, all the dgb memes got some autist so worked up that even now, weeks later, he comes on here every day to fud this one coin that is otherwise largely unremarkable

check this out, I'm about to change your life right here

you ready?

here goes:

BUY THE FUCKING DIP

mom, I can see the nipple

Great advice, unfortunately the worst thing I could possibly do would be to learn from this board

Also learn the difference between a dip and a falling knife. Sometimes what comes down stays down for good.

I feel your fucking pain. Lost probably 3-4k.

Fuck all this shit. The worst part is I bought ANS when it was 3.5, then saw it pump to 10. Should have sold but woke up to it being down to 7. Then it traded sideways for a few days and got out. Now its pumping again and back to where it was and I would have made my money back.

This fucking shit pisses me off. I swear I keep buying at the wrong times.

Get jelly when others are making sick gains meanwhile I'm losing. I guess that's why it is a zero sum game. My losses = their gains.

Buy high, sell low

You're a fucking idiot

Buy ETH , hodl.
so fucking hard.

how do you distinguish between the two?
I mainly check if the buy walls are strong enough to hold support, seems like analyzing volume is pretty useless at those times

what does this mean and how do you check this?

I started a month ago with a total investment of about $1,500. Currently at $995 because you only learn by making mistakes. I confirmed day trading and timing the market is not for me, at least not for newbies who don't know shit about the market. I'm back to steady growth and on my way to break even. Hodling hard and waiting. Just choose your coins, invest as much as you can afford to lose and hodl. You'll think differently about slow steady gains next year.

what are you invested in?

coinmarketcap.com

I started the 14th of June. I had already lurked about 1 week and I didnt make my first alt-coin purchase until the 20th of June.

Ive known Veeky Forums/b/ for 10+ years- so I kinda understand the language and all the trolls.

Spending 2 weeks learning about dump and pumps, shills and shitcoins was interesting.

Figuring out who was trying to get rid of their bags was a mission - invest broadly in everything but what is shilled. Research some shills first.

The Ark Memes were SO HEAVY in the beginning - and they looked like shit. That was my first instinct.

Ask people inside threads for stuff that isnt memed or shilled.

Keep track on bittrex on volume changes.

I started off with 3k $ - and Ive made about 300$ in days - thats including buying BTC while it was super expensive - and making some stupid "sell low" during this weekend.

I like to watch charts - dont believe in meme triangles. But if youre invested in something try to make a meme triangle! Its fun and Veeky Forums is about meming.

also I like this youtube channel

youtube.com/watch?v=zM_RfxHW9EQ&list=PL9t9KTlU4aIvg1x-IAOBKtR9AapqgXbe_&index=4

good luck user. its a learning experience and it should be fun.

>started with 1k
>turned it into 20k

lol wtf OP
Granted I started in April

I got started on the 13th, I've turned .05 btc into 1.6. Sell your losses quickly and your gains almost as quickly.

Lmao even for Veeky Forums standards this thread is packed with losers to the brim.

Just speculate based on news. Bitcoin might have issues on august 1st, so its clone will be very likely to start gaining some very sweet value any time between now and then. Simple.

I started with 100€. During my first week I ended having 250, but after that I allowed Veeky Forums to influence me, and I lost almost everything. Right now I have 110, and I am expecting some moons.

Don't feel bad for me, but if you feel generous or at least ironic, this is my btc address:
1GRhAyyZAxQ8SuyQugtc6a6ABgcpm5LZVQ

Got 20 eth at 40$. Ptoy, ioc, ark, bat, xrp, xmr is heavy, still hodling. Edg is good. But since april i made a good profit thanks to eth

May I point you this way?

top kek

where did you win and lose it user?

I started the 26rd and paid a 30€ fee on a 1000€ bank remittance buying BTC. Overall still in the negative, help me chose a rope.

Mostly Patientory and QRL. I followed some mermaid shills (now I understand Ulysses).

I mean, there is where I lose. I started winning with daily trading, following ascending graphics, and checking the interesting ideas behind some coins.

Sorry but in crypto your success is 80% tied to the time you started invested in.. that's the sad truth.
March or april were fantastic times, June was not..

How did you loose your money on ANS if you bought it at 3.5? It's never been that low even during the dip. And yes, the golden rule:
>Buy high sell low

sent ;)

>ANS down to 19 two days ago,
>Up to 30+ now
>June

tfw not even hotties are enough for Veeky Forums users nowadays...

Thanks for posting the video, the channel is great

Put that $1600 back into ANS now and you will see at least +300% in 3 months. If you want quick gains without stressful day trading, ANS is the coin for you.

I don't understand this mentality of "I bought bitcoin, then the value of bitcoin dropped, so I 'lost' $400"

No. You didnt. If you have half a bitcoin, you have half a bitcoin. It's worth half a bitcoin. If you trade with it, the amount of BTC you has goes up or down. To me, the fiat price is irrelevant. It's much more about your exit point than it is your entry point, from my perspective.