Why did he love Arabs and hate Jews?

Why did he love Arabs and hate Jews?

bc he was a french

He didn't really like the Arabs either though.

Algerian independence happened. Thought that if he played nice he could swing the other arab states around and get cheap oil. Even ended the military support of Israel after the 6day war because of this. Became too hard to diplomatically juggle both things.

I don't mind the guy and I can understand some of the choices he made before, but honestly this was one of the dumbest calls he made, arabs never reciprocated the gesture. Even 55 years on.

Was a huge cuck. France was repeatedly BTFO'd by far-left forces and Arabs and he thought by sucking up to the USSR and Arabs they'd love him.

He hated the USSR tbqh

Withdrawing France from NATO was a huge service to the Soviets and he made multiple outreaches to them

It was more a power play against Washington and Bonn than an alliance with the USSR. He regularly tried to champion the UK & France having an equal say on nuclear force engagement and got as regularly shot down, which is why he pushed for a french nuclear program ASAP in the early 60s. France still was a member of all the logistics deals to back the western block in case of a US-USSR military engagement and he backed us during the cuba missile crisis, so it's clear he was anti-commie. He simply did not want us nukes and us bases on french soil. I can respect that.

Anne de Gaulle was the youngest daughter of General Charles de Gaulle. She was born in Trier, Germany, where her father was stationed with the Army of Occupation in the Rhineland.
She was born with Down Syndrome and lived with her family until her death. There was one sacred rule in the de Gaulle household: Anne was never to be made to feel different or less than anyone else. Charles de Gaulle was noted for his reserve and even with family members he was usually not very demonstrative. Not so with his daughter Anne, who received a warmth that he had seemed to be storing for his entire life just for her. He would entertain her with songs, dances, and pantomimes, he would often act as a child himself to bring her joy. One Colombey resident recalled how he used to walk with her hand-in-hand around the property, caressing her and talking quietly about the things she understood. She was, he said simply, “My joy. She helped me overcome the failures in all men, and to look beyond them.”

In 1948, Anne succumbed to pneumonia, a month after her 20th birthday and died in her father's arms. Upon her death, weeping, her father said: "Now, she's like the others."

On 22 August 1962, Charles de Gaulle was the victim of an attempted assassination at Petit-Clamart. He later said that the potentially fatal bullet had been stopped by the frame of the photograph of Anne that he always carried with him, placed this particular day on the rear shelf of his car. When he died in 1970, he was buried in the cemetery of Colombey beside his beloved daughter.

She could only utter one word clearly in her entire life: ‘Papa’

Charlie hebdo made fun of them

He didn't, he was a staunch colonialist and overall piece of shit.

That's sad... yet heartwarming.
I know it's a bad thing to say, but the more i know about them the less i feel sorry for them. They made a lot of stuff in very poor taste.

Because they weren't a problem back then

I know what you mean user, I personally feel that they often cross the line of what's acceptable just for being 'edgy'. I mean, they shouldn't have been executed for it, but things like this (and the whole ordeal with Stromae's dad) make me think that maybe they could first think before posting something that's unnecessarily offensive.

You're right but even then its a bit ironic to say this here.

He didnt though..?

CIA was literally making powerplays against him by manipulating secret service goons and stay behind agents. Getting out of NATO was the best thing he ever did.

Because Arabs hate Anglos.

I understand that they make fun of everything, but of such a thing, truly sad.

Anne deserved more :(

Right in the feels