All information should be accessible to the public

>All information should be accessible to the public
>An independent body should be responsible for the information accessible to the public

Which is right? I'm starting the think the internet was a mistake.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZmFEFO72gA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiPolice
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

An independent body having control of access has too much power. I'd rather everyone have access, even if that inevitably means a lot of fuckwits are going to fall for dumb shit.

To add to this though I do think there is certain information that obviously shouldn't be public access, If by "All information" you mean ALL information then yes there should be a body regulating some of it. It shouldn't include private information like medical documents and other classified materials. There should be a good criteria for determining what gets classified though.

>giving fuckwits access to my private records
hell no.

I amended the statement here, I misunderstood OP because he mentioned "the internet might be a mistake", so I thought he meant freedom of information in general rather than literally "all information"

People still choose what they want to believe. Having information monitored is no different than having it all public. The onus of accountability is on how much the person values the information, not its source.

Nobody mentioned a very important factor. Do people even want to access to that information? I mean, look around, 95% of the people only browse facebook, youtube and play games. We still far from Asimov's ideas:
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZmFEFO72gA

Asimov was the best jew ever.

>Do people even want to access to that information?
It is the sad lot of men that the people who want that kind of information call their board home /pol/

>Which is right?

NEITHER.

SOME INFORMATION SHOULD BE PUBLIC, SOME INFORMATION SHOULD BE PRIVATE.

PUBLIC INFORMATION SHOULD BE MANAGED BY THE STATE.

How independent would it be, though? It's too much power to be held by way too few people.
Also this Most people don't give a shit, even when they have enough information to educate themselves and make proper decisions (regarding politics, but I guess everything else as well). But they don't.

All information should be accessible to the public, no question asked, fuck you for thinking otherwise.

Though there is also a public gov't funded body responsible for information gathering that a person can choose to go to for convenience.

So if you want to find information and are tired of malware, trolls, clickbait, conspiracy theories there's the internet library for some credibility (sure it won't be perfect but it will at least be professional)

>The WikiPolice are the unofficial police force of Wikipedia. They have no official powers, nor are they above WikiLaw. The Police are often editors versed in Wikipedia's many policies and guidelines, and do their best to revert, apprehend and arrest the perpetrators. They then hand the case over to the administrators for sentencing, many a 'Pedian has been found guilty, owing to the fact the police have a large amount of evidence at their disposal.
Have you been breaking the Wikilaw?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiPolice

Identity information that's too vulnerable and insensitive to be in public domain and make classified for a certain amount of time. Usually 50-75 years.

Other than that, literally no reason to protect anything.

YOUR REPLY IS NONSEQUITURIAL.

"There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to. You had to live—did live, from habit that became instinct—in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized."

The la li lu le lo?
What are you talking about?

DO YOU ABSOLUTELY LACK "READING COMPREHENSION"?

Unlimited access and no restrictions (this includes laws).

Should the state regulate Wikipedia?

YES, THE STATE SHOULD REGULATE ALL PRIVATE ORGANIZATIONS, JUST AS IT DOES PUBLIC ONES.

WHAT IS YOUR "POINT"?

>All information should be accessible to the public
Depends if you have a problem with people having CP.
>An independent body should be responsible for the information accessible to the public
The only solution if you think the former is a problem.

>Tor is free software for enabling anonymous communication. The name is derived from an acronym for the original software project name "The Onion Router".[7][8] Tor directs Internet traffic through a free, worldwide, volunteer network consisting of more than seven thousand relays[9] to conceal a user's location and usage from anyone conducting network surveillance or traffic analysis. Using Tor makes it more difficult for Internet activity to be traced back to the user: this includes "visits to Web sites, online posts, instant messages, and other communication forms".[10]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)

AND?

you can't regulate shit bud

>Despite intelligence agencies' claims that 80% of Tor users would be de-anonymized within 6 months in the year 2013,[192] that has still not happened. In fact, as late as September 2016, FBI could not locate, de-anonymize and identify the Tor user who hacked into Clinton's email server.[193]

DAN YOU REALLY WRECKED THAT G U Y I LIKE HOW YOU PUT ""POINT" " " " " OMIN QUOTES WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY BEING THE FIRST AND ONLY ONE TO USE ":": P01NT ;;"" IN THAT CONTEXT SO IT'S LIKE YOU NEED TO USE P0INT""",,,?? TO EXPRESS YOUR P O I N T BUT YOU USE IT BEGRUDGINGLY BECAUSE YOU SO GOOD FOR USE IT. SO PUT QUOTES SO I KNOW. AND BELIEVE ME B U DDY U KNOW, I KNOW, UNO.

I DOUBT THAT YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT "REGULATION", "ORGANIZATION", AND "INFORMATION", MEAN.

I want that. What makes me different to every other mollycoddled cunt that wants to keep their head in the sand? The info should be freely accessible. Period. And if you don't want access, don't get access. Simple.

But you do mohammed? Drop dead tripfagging cunt.

>YES, THE STATE SHOULD REGULATE ALL PRIVATE ORGANIZATIONS, JUST AS IT DOES PUBLIC ONES.

Why?

You are on dox central fuckwit

>all information
only a sith deals in absolutes

Information like the location of likely targets for assassination should be kept secret.

Think witness protection.