Stoicism is the absolutely most redpilled state of mind

Stoicism is the absolutely most redpilled state of mind.

Don't let your emotions control you.

When something terrible happens to you, understand it will pass. Look forward to the future.

When something amazing happens to you, understand it will be over very soon.

If it gets too bad, you can just kill yourself.

That's it.

Stoicism is how you should keep your state of mind.

stoicism is based but that space elf in star trek ruined it

>Stoics:
>Don't let your emotions control you.

>also stoics:
>"I SPILLED LENTILS ON MYSELF IN THE PUBLIC SQUARE I'M GONNA RUN AND HIDE AND CRY BECAUSE OF HOW SHAMEFUL IT WAS"

You desire to LIVE "according to Nature"? Oh, you noble Stoics, what fraud of words! Imagine to yourselves a being like Nature, boundlessly extravagant, boundlessly indifferent, without purpose or consideration, without pity or justice, at once fruitful and barren and uncertain: imagine to yourselves INDIFFERENCE as a power--how COULD you live in accordance with such indifference? To live--is not that just endeavoring to be otherwise than this Nature? Is not living valuing, preferring, being unjust, being limited, endeavouring to be different? And granted that your imperative, "living according to Nature," means actually the same as "living according to life"--how could you do DIFFERENTLY? Why should you make a principle out of what you yourselves are, and must be? In reality, however, it is quite otherwise with you: while you pretend to read with rapture the canon of your law in Nature, you want something quite the contrary, you extraordinary stage-players and self-deluders! In your pride you wish to dictate your morals and ideals to Nature, to Nature herself, and to incorporate them therein; you insist that it shall be Nature "according to the Stoa," and would like everything to be made after your own image, as a vast, eternal glorification and generalism of Stoicism! With all your love for truth, you have forced yourselves so long, so persistently, and with such hypnotic rigidity to see Nature FALSELY, that is to say, Stoically, that you are no longer able to see it otherwise-- and to crown all, some unfathomable superciliousness gives you the Bedlamite hope that BECAUSE you are able to tyrannize over yourselves--Stoicism is self-tyranny--Nature will also allow herself to be tyrannized over: is not the Stoic a PART of Nature?

Emotions are what makes us human

Wrong.

Stoicism isn't feeling nothing. It's a way of dealing with your inevitable emotions.

Spock is a fictional character, but nothing else.

>muh appeal to nature/ancestry

shitting is also what makes us human, but we don't let it control how we live and act.

He learned a lesson from it lol.

>neetche
into the trash it goes

>instead of obsessively caving in to my emotions I'm going to obsessively avoid them

Yeah, sure, totally learned his lesson about emotional control.

only women and children are emotional

What a faggot.

Was there ever a more autistic philosophy than that of Neechey?

I'll talk to you when you hit 20.

I understand your thought process, but nihilism is a very juvenile world view.

Everything matters, but its all in how you deal with it.

>implying big TP isn't controlling you right now.

Emotions and the mind are not independent from each other. You cannot have one without the other. Stoicism is the practice of living in ignorance.

If the ignorance is beneficial I'll take it.

>Emotions and the mind are not independent from each other.

You are absolutely right, although you can choose how you deal with any incoming emotion. With your consciousnesses.

Stoicism is a meme philosophy in any post agrarian society. Where's your asceticism gonna take root? Do you live in a state of autarky on a farm or commune? I seriously doubt it.

>marcus aurelius meme
Loving the idea of something doesn't mean shit if you're the emperor of the largest empire known to man at the time.

>nietzsche was a nihilist
confirmed for underaged

>yes goy, passive suffering is whats best in life

you sound like a tremendous cuck

>i skimmed geneology of morals once, the post

you should be ashamed for making such a shit post

>you have complete control over your thoughts
>if a thing does not make you a worse person, it cannot hurt you
>pain comes from the outside, and can thus be shut out
>“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.”

Best mode of thought when you're at the dentist.

t. Someone who's never read Seneca.

Then what should i do about suffering?

All this straw man.

Stoicism isnt about avoiding emotions not abstaining from everything.

Its about understanding where your emotions derive, promoting self-reflection and realising that the world owes you nothing. Take joy in what you have and enjoy it while it lasts but do not become so dependant on them that their absense does you harm.

Also it promotes the benefits of training your willpower by abstention from pleasures periodically so you know you can live without them. It does not suggest you need to drink water from a dogs bowl and eat stale bread all the time (recommended dose: twice a year).

You don't understand stoicism. It's about being ruled by logic, and always acting regardless of emotion or pain.

Stoics love Marcus Aurelius because, as an emperor, he exemplified being the most that an individual can be. Stoicism allows you to both be happy and pursue aspirations.

acting rationally*

Sounds gay af

Humans do not mind suffering as long as there is meaning to our struggle.

Family has meaning, because life has meaning when your actions are meaningful to others. Living for your brothers and cousins, sons and daughters, gives you purpose. Sex has meaning insofar as it assists in procreation; otherwise it is purely masturbatory and unfulfilling.

The earth has meaning. Return to the land. The agricultural cycle gives the seasons meaning as they come - tilling, sewing, tending, harvesting, threshing, winnowing, surviving the long dark of winter. Working with your hands to create, exerting your body as it is meant to be used. Understanding the interdependence of all things in nature, and our place in it calms and grounds the man in existential crisis.

War gives meaning to our actions - when every choice means the difference between life and death. When victory means land and women and procreation, when defeat means extinction. War is to men what childbirth is to women. huntoing and fighting are what we as men are evolved for.

Whatever your concept of "virtuousness" is, it's ultimately influenced by your emotions, unless you have a logical way of ultimately defining what "good" is.

A combination of Christianity and Stoicism is the best and most fruitful way to live life. Prove me wrong.

Pro tip:
>you can't

Why all the negative replies? He utterly demolished an entire philosophy in a paragraph. What an alpha male.

>giving up sex
>constantly worrying about poor and marginalized people

No thanks senpai

Why give up sex?

Christians should be celibate

Psalm 127:3-5
Behold, children are a heritage from theLord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

What's the best translation of Meditations?

Why haven't Christians died out then?

The divide between emotions and rational thought is artificial. All decisions you make and beliefs you hold are rooted in emotion.

Further, Stoics at their core are cowards afraid to venture the risks of great emotional investment in something.

They have some good ideas about managing your state of mind, but their philosophy is not a successful completion of the human condition. Nietzsche was right about them, no matter how butthurt it makes the manchildren.

Prove yourself right.

He wasn't a nihilist.

Russell

>itt retards mistaking lack of excitement with lack of emotions

He's right. His prose is overwrought and bombastic, though - like a transcription of an intellectual haranguing his friends during an argument - which I think inspires some of the negative reactions.

It's garbage.

this

everyone wrote like that back then. english has decayed.

NEETzsche wrote in German though.

because all the stoic larpers ITT literally cannot handle the bants

Long-Range samefag.

Hays all days