The fact that this man existed just baffles me, he unironically seems like something straight out of a horror movie

The fact that this man existed just baffles me, he unironically seems like something straight out of a horror movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who /acid bath/ here

hes mai husbando

This is why people didn't want jews coming into America

You are now aware we live in one of the universes where superheroes and supervillains are real.

Super-names are Pogo the Clown and The Leader by the way, though people refer to them as John Wayne Gacy and Hitler in the same way that Killing Joke comic never refers to Batman or the Joker by their super-names to make it seem more realistic.

trips = truth

There's worse things that have happened in real life.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

I've got a strange connection with this guy

My father grew up in Cook County, where JWG operated in the early 70's. He personally knew John, and he distinctly remembers being invited to go work at his house in the summer when he was 14, but my dad refused as my grandfather had developed brain cancer so he had to help around the house. It's also interesting that my dad's family was buried in Mary Hill cemetery in Niles, where Gacy and his parents are supposedly interred, and my grandfather who later died of the cancer had designed the cemetery during its overhaul in the late 50's.

My first cousin also lived in Milwaukee, and actually visited friends in the apartment complex where Dahmer lived frequently during Dahmer's "stay".

There's also a reference to my great-great grandfather serving on the police force as part of the team that captured HH Holmes.

We just seem to be connected to midwestern serial killers

>he unironically seems like something straight out of a horror movie

Well, that's because he was the inspiration for some things in horror media. You've got it backwards.

The hero was the gun Hitler shot himself with

I did a solo road trip to Chicago for a concert a few years ago. During the road trip, I made an express point of rolling past both the Gein and Dahmer sites, in the same day.

Had I known that Gacy operated round those parts, I might have rolled past that, too.

>Hitler skin for M.Bison when?

So what happened to serial killers? It seems like they kind of peaked in the '70s and '80s, levelled off in the '90s and you don't really hear about them anymore. The last one I remember is BTK like ten years ago and before him Andrew Cunanan and I think that's more because one of his victims was Gianni Versace.

theres still some, there is a duo of serial killers in California that go after prostitutes. Overall its easier for someone to dump alot of money on a semi-automatic weapon and shoot kids than it is to become a serial killer and kill roughly the same amount of people over an extended period of time.

it's a lot easier to catch them now

There's been a trend in the media to avoid hyping up their actions in order to prevent the proliferation of serial killing. They don't want people to do it for attention and fame.

then why do they publicize mass shootings that lead to fucked up emo's shooting up their schools?

Is there any truth in that though? I've seen that Charlie Brooker clip posted a million times but I've also heard the whole "they do it because it's publicized you're only encouraging them" thing is complete horse shit so I dunno.

That's to serve a different end.

The refusal to glorify serial killers is actually an example of journalistic integrity and desire to prevent copycats.

The focus on mass shootings, though, is to provide fuel for arguments against gun rights.

>A lot of money
An AR-15 can be bought for $400. It's probably less expensive than any other new centerfire semi auto rifle out there.

That seems really fucked up. Mass shooters are just as bad as serial killers.

>That seems really fucked up.

Welcome to mass media, I guess? There's a very "for the greater good" attitude in news reporting. Refusing to glorify serial killers doesn't obstruct any other agendas, but refusing to obsess over mass shootings provides a weaker stance for the gun control arguments that they think will help bring about their perfect, clean, gun-less utopia where all the children are safe and populations can be easily subdued.