Dissatisfaction.

Catholics.

Britain

He was a puritan
Need I say More

The republic was a mistake.

The Jews

Cromwell looks like a washed up old country singer

He was a good lad. Way before his time. A hundred or so years into the future and he'd be seen as the Briton Napoleon

Because he asked the painter to exaggerate his warts
>this a new idea
It's long been held that if Napoleon died then France would become a constitutional monarchy, hell XVI had already set it on the tracks to be

>he asked the painter to exaggerate his warts

Being this retarded.

not enough boglings to bash

His problem was being a hypocrite

>hurr fuck monarchs, men free to govern themselves
>hurr but my family is the new royalty, better listen to my son.

If Cromwell hadn't been so in love with himself and established a strong successor state British history could have gone very differently

We wouldn't have had the victorian era, I'm not sure the trade off is worth it

Not really, he just told him to paint him realistically instead of painting an idealized picture as it was common. Because vanity is a sin and also you shouldn't alter the form God made him in or something like that.

I don't think he was really planning on having his son succeed him, he died fairly unexpectedly

Because he was a puritan, and was barely convinced to even have a painting of him done

>hypocrite
Not really, he just wanted to find the best form of government for the People
He was like 60 when he died, of course he was expected to die.
His son was clearly destined to inherit as the generals were taught to listen to him

but it was a sickness that iirc wiped him out pretty quickly, he hadnt really groomed anyone for succession

His son wasn't fully groomed but Cromwell thought the advisors would pass on and be safe