Want to learn about Africa

>want to learn about Africa
>all the books by whites are about muh slavery
>all the books by niggers are about we wuzianism

Can i get some tips on good books about African history?
Anything goes, but i'm most interested in early colonial (17th century) Guinea and how Europeans interacted with Africans back then.

Currently reading Willem Bosman and i feel like this is really fascinating period of history that nobody cares about.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cabess
nationalvanguard.org/books/Hinton_Rowan_Helper__Negroes_in_Negroland.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm mostly interested in opinions about

Basil Davidson

Albert van Dantzig

Robin Law

David Owusu-Ansah

Oh thats right, nobody here actually reads books

nvm then

Only East Africa is worth reading, West Africa was nothing but uncivilized savages.

Mali Empire? Why are /pol/acks always in this competition mode? Even simple tribes have something interesting to learn about.

That shows you know shit about West Africa

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cabess
African trader who became so powerful that he played major role in the Anglo-Dutch conflict

The Encyclopedia of African history and Culture is a good read

The Cambridge History of Africa

The UNESCO General history of Africa

There's another that escapes me but I think it's Africa to 1875 which is very good

AB Ellis wrote some great books about the people of lower guinea with firsthand knowledge

The Tshi Speaking peoples of the Gold Coast, the Yoruba speaking people of the Slave coast, the Ewe speaking people of the slave coast

At the Back of the Black man's mind by R.E. Dennett

R Sutherland Rattray was very fond of the Akan peoples and wrote down most of the Anansi tales and collected less flattering information on the Hausa-Fulani too

A Black Byzantium: The Kingdom of Nupe in Nigeria is a great one
Eat a dick, cowfucker

communist manifesto is a book!

Tragical, but most of the internet is made up of knuckledraggers whose ADHD only lets them read quick little snippets from third party sources online

Mali is North Africa retard.
All Bantu are subhuman savages that should be annihilated.

nationalvanguard.org/books/Hinton_Rowan_Helper__Negroes_in_Negroland.pdf

Its not ADHD, its just laziness. Who would bother actually learning, when you can watch 5 minute youtube video that gives you quick rundown with all the reasons to bitch about something

>The UNESCO General history of Africa
This is a really good series. It's much more balanced that some ppl might expect. You can get it from Library Genesis.

Youtube videos are books!

>West Africa, also called Western Africa and the West of Africa, is the westernmost subregion of Africa. West Africa has been defined as including 18 countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, the island nation of Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Príncipe and Togo.[6]

Are you sure I'm the one who is a retard here?

So the Bantu scum learned how to copy Europans big deal, they still are uncivilized savages that ruin humanity like their cousins in North America.

Mali is in west africa, luv

And I'm not Bantu, I'm ashanti thank you very much

pretty sure bantus colonized east africa in large numbers from somalia downward

I can't tell if you're a mad horner or a SJW posing as a particularly retarded stormfag

>colonized
You mean destroy it by racemixing with East Africans creating the Somali scum today.

Thanks for tips mateys.

I feel i should say my bit to, so i can recommend some primary sources:

Willem Bosman - Head of Dutch fort on Gold Coast on brink of 17th/18th century, his letters are great because of his description of the aboriginal population at the time and for recording the Komenda Wars

Thomas Edward Bowditch - British biologist, who recorded his trip to Ashanti Empire on brink of 18th/19th century, also great because of his description of locals

Nice

Doesnt matter how much the Bantu scum copies the european or arab they will always be subhuman savages.

Mali was black

No it was ruled by arabs.

As European, i still don't get how does your national pride works.

Like, are you ashanti first and ghanian second, or other way around? Because whenever i heard niggers talking about something like national pride, they always sperg about tribes (or ethnic groups? i don't even know if tribe is a ethnic group or what), but never about nations. Why not have your tribe as your nation then?

Please enlighten me

primary sources

Ibn Battuta arrives at the city of Mali, capital of the kingdom of Mali

>Thus I reached the city of Malli [Mali], the capital of the king of the blacks. I stopped at the cemetery and went to the quarter occupied by the whites, where I asked for Muhammad ibn al-Faqih. I found that he had hired a house for me and went there. His son-in-law brought me candles and food, and next day Ibn al-Faqih himself came to visit me, with other prominent residents. I met the qadi of Malli, 'Abd ar-Rahman, who came to see me; he is a negro, a pilgrim, and a man of fine character. I met also the interpreter Dugha, who is one of the principal men among the blacks. All these persons sent me hospitality-gifts of food and treated me with the utmost generosity--may God reward them for their kindnesses!

>Thence the Nile [Niger] descends to Tumbuktu [Timbuktoo] and Gawgaw [Gogo], both of which will be described later; then to the town of Muli in the land of the Limis, which is the frontier province of [the kingdom of] Malli; thence to Yufi, one of the largest towns of the negroes, whose ruler is one of the most considerable of the negro rulers. It cannot be visited by any white man because they would kill him before he got there.

>The negroes possess some admirable qualities. They are seldom unjust, and have a greater abhorrence of injustice than any other people. Their sultan shows no mercy to anyone who is guilty of the least act of it. There is complete security in their country. Neither traveller nor inhabitant in it has anything to fear from robbers or men of violence. They do not confiscate the property of any white man who dies in their country, even if it be uncounted wealth. On the contrary, they give it into the charge of some trustworthy person among the whites, until the rightful heir takes possession of it. They are careful to observe the hours of prayer, and assiduous in attending them in congregations, and in bringing up their children to them.

>nobody here actually reads books

You should've guessed by know that in general, Veeky Forums's knowledge of Africa is ridiculously superficial and most of their brain-space dedicated to the subject are memes and politics.

Bantu scum are liars.

i suppose colonize isn't the best word but they did settle in the region. Somalia isn't the only country with bantu heritage though. The fact that other east african countries are "decent" (read: not failed states) proves your hypothesis wrong.

Friend, you've mislabeled your picture

Those are Kenyans protesting something

And the ashanti people are not Bantu, we belong to the Kwa family

I forgive your lack of knowledge on the subject
You do have some more nationally minded people who don't want to recognize their own ethnic group. But most people identify as their tribe first.

It's considered very socially awkward to discuss tribes with strangers.

I guess it's kinda like how Irish, Scottish, English, and that little group nobody cares about deals with ethnicity and national pride.

Westerners like using "tribe" for any ethnic group which is kinda weird. An ethnic group can be made up of hundreds of tribes.

For example, my TRIBE is Ashanti. But my ethnic identity is Twi speaker or Akan.

Kinda like Ancient Greece and the whole division into tribal units despite knowing they're all Greeks. Importance and loyalty runs

>Tribe
>Ethnic group
>Nation

Thats why their IQ is still in the low 60s and they also cause the same trouble as Bantu scum descent in non negro coutries like Israel.

It's bizarre if you've ever visited Kenya before.

You see so many somalian and ethiopian refugees coming over, selling drugs, committing crimes, demanding recognition for their barbaric customs, trying to turn comfy swahili islam into their durka durka jihad form, whining about Northeastern Kenya's Somali "sovereignty", demanding free food and medicine, and then having the gall to look down on the Bantu & Nilotes who took them in.

>he doesn't know that Veeky Forums is a generally slow board

What do you expect negros to do? Self reflect?

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Twitter posts are books!

Because of European colonialism most do not see themselves as negro

>negro
Kek, tryhard

You stated Negro and I responded they do no see that as themselves

Can you stop trolling

You've never read any of the books at all I can fucking tell.

They see themselves as Black though and nice spergy hyperbole in

The Two Hearts of Kwasi Boachi is full of feels

Yeah, like interesting to learn about how they can be so shit

The only thing sadder than one who cannot learn is one who refuses to learn