Can war be just?

Can war be just?

Or does just war only work in theory, not in practice

>just
Spooked

Strategic reality make it impossible for somebody along the way to not get fucked

Those who died are justified, for wearing the badge, they're the chosen whites

>>>/reddit/

The only plausible way a war can be just is when someone attacks someone else completely unprovoked. And the Roman way of fabricating wrongs done to Rome or its allies to claim a defensive, just war doesn't count.

>And the Roman way of fabricating wrongs done to Rome or its allies to claim a defensive

source?

There might be depending on your morals, but usually just wars are ineffective.

Source is Roman history. They always fabricated claims, however flimsy they would be. It was important to them to present themselves as a force of good, a valiant protector. It was just good propaganda, not unlike we see in modern times.

I honestly think the war agianst IS is a just war

how so

Because I see no plus-side to being foced to be under their regime, they aren't a proper country witha solid government either.

what about the potential civilian loss from attacks carried out by drones and bombers

Why?

I'm not saying Islamic State [if you refer to them] are in any way 'the good guys', I'm just curious why would it be just to fight them? Assuming again you are some foreign power and not the country they are operating in.

Every war is justified. Otherwise, they don't happen.

Whether those justification stand up is a matter of individual and collective opinion, but in each and every case, there were enough people who thought it was justified to die for it en mass at the time.

Was this justified?

bumping for justice

Small losses compared to those cause by IS expansion, occupation and terror campaigns.

I don't think so. Making war against an enemy that you created and funded is morally questionable, especially if you use this to improve your public image and promote war economy.

any particular examples?
i'm quite unfamiliar with roman history, unfortunately

Harriet Tubman carried a pistol when she was helping people escape slavery, and once led a raiding party to help people escape slavery.

She was a stupid nigger who literally sat on steps asking for gibs. Don't know why people over rate her so much. Also glad that that sheboons no longer on the 20

Yes.

How so?

>Also glad that that sheboons no longer on the 20
What happened to the project then?

Not him but his argument is that whatever's done is justifiable merely from the fact that it was done. It asserts that the reasons for committing such an act were clear enough for those who committed the act.

Honestly it's a stupid argument since the word justice loses any meaning whatsoever.

But to his defense the question was a stupid one, too.

in theory war can utterly fuck up a nation or planets entire population.

>All the strong and able and smart go to war and die.
>women are all left home
>short, weak, and dumb guys are only males left in the nation to repopulate.

And we wonder why western society has birthed two generations of betas.

Of course we also see cross breading with women and foreign invading males.

read about how many would have died in the invasion kiddo (civilians were being armed with bamboo spears), muh nukes feels bad is the most normie position ever and will get you laughed out of any serious forum

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin." (John 19:11)

I don't think I can answer this question anymore after learning of the Meiji revolution

One soul cannot be due to two masters—God and Cæsar. And yet Moses carried a rod, and Aaron wore a buckle, and John (Baptist) is girt with leather and Joshua the son of Nun leads a line of march; and the People warred: if it pleases you to sport with the subject. But how will a Christian man war, nay, how will he serve even in peace, without a sword, which the Lord has taken away? For albeit soldiers had come unto John, and had received the formula of their rule; albeit, likewise, a centurion had believed; still the Lord afterward, in disarming Peter, unbelted every soldier. No dress is lawful among us, if assigned to any unlawful action.

—Tertullian, On Idolatry Chapter 19: Concerning Military Service

15 But they shouted, "Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!" "Shall I crucify your king?" Pilate asked. "We have no king but Caesar," the chief priests answered.

For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder. (2 Corinthians 12:20)

These

Peace is an illusion.

See Macedon Wars

but thats literally not true
Japan was going to capitulate anyway
US just wanted an excuse to flex its nuclear muscle at the Soviets

Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me.