Dad, why you didn't buy bitcoin when it was only 4 figures? my friend's dad just bought a new ferrari with 1 BTC...

>dad, why you didn't buy bitcoin when it was only 4 figures? my friend's dad just bought a new ferrari with 1 BTC, why do we have to have this old car and small appartment? ;(

Good one dad.

OP gets it
bitcoin will be the last man standing when all these shitcoins implode

we finna be rich my niggas
shitcoiners will be BTFO

I love you everyone thinks bitcoin will end the central banking system. The banks are just going to become cryptocurrency engineers. The ledger will be kept decentralized, thats just a weight off their shoulders. They will still be able to take a nice % of your shekels. I assure you, they aren't filthy rich for nothing. They are going to turn this thing into making more money for themselves ever than before whilst simultaneously ridding their bottom line of A LOT of employees.

you just described bnt

To be fair, all coins are like that.

to a degree*

At some point, there won't be any advantage of using the bank when the same service is offered

>be BTC
>"ha! I am the first, most widely exchanged and therefore most liquid currency in the cryptomarket. nothing's gonna stop me!"
>coughing from a mysterious stranger resonates in a cornered, dim lit, smoky bar booth
>"i used to be like you once," says the shadowy figure
>"huh? Wh-Who are you?"
>"My name is gold, son. Believe it or not, I used to be in your position not too long ago."
>"w-what happen, gold?"
>"Well, bitcoin, a lot of people say it was all the civil asset forfeitures in the 40s and taking the US dollar off the gold standard in the 70s. but the real nail in my coffin: people just accepted a fiat system over me."
>"but why? you were the first, most widely exchanged commodity for ages"
>"I couldnt keep up with fiat, son. the banks kept doing a whole bunch of shifty things with it that i couldn't innovate to keep up popularity with the kids."
>self-realization.jpg
>"w-well that could never happen to me"
>"sorry kid. with all these smart contracts and talk of smart tokens they got these days, what have you got to offer?"
>"I-I-I was the first!"
>"you scale like shit, your transaction fees are atrocious, and your code has nothing to offer outside of being used to by pot for deadbeats on the derp web and last i checked, they got 4 pothead shitcoins to fill those roles. In a lot of ways, kid, you're looking at your future, right in front of you"
>awakesfromcoldsweats.jpg
>"oh oh man," bitcoin says, wiping the sweat off his brow as he buries his face in his hands
>"it was just a nightmare. i can't possibly be replaced"
>takes hands off face
>Ethereum with Freedy Kruger knife glove standing over him as he looks up
>"THINK AGAIN, BITCH!"
>"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Well memed

sick mem bru

Its not that carrying around gold to trade with is quite unreasonable

>muh bankcoin

A blockchain is literally just a decentralized database - that's it. Blockchains are slow, inefficient, and wasteful. Decentralization is their only redeeming quality. Decentralization affords blockchains non-compliance with governments and other regulatory bodies.

Governments and "global finance institutions" will never use blockchains because they have nothing to gain from decentralization and everything to lose

How is BTC anywhere near that you low IQ mong.

Someone actually wrote this.

>Banks will never use blockchain

>what is proof of stake
>what is saving on ledger maintenance costs of servers
>what is ripple is a precursor
> what is the Tangle

You're welcome. Maybe it'll catch on. I tried

>what is proof of stake
irrelevant to banking interests
>what is saving on ledger maintenance costs of servers
a lie
>what is ripple is a precursor
a grammatically incoherent question
>what is the Tangle
a popular dance of the 1950s

kek

>central banking competing with decentralized currency
>THEY WILL MAGICALLY TAKE UR MONEY
>despite having no direct control over the money supply
damn son were you born retarded?

>Blockchains are slow, inefficient, and wasteful.
How tho?

SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH, GO TO YOUR ROOM AND BUY MORE ANS LIKE I TOLD YOU

>Eth is skinny jeans, flat brim hats, and dubstep music

>Btc is cigs, weed, and rock & roll

Decentralization is not cheap, not fast, etc. Onchain transactions are a limited resource.
We will be able to get everyone on the planet on board with second layers (lightning network)

Private banks whose are not exposed to the world, don't need a decentralized network because they are federated by some oldfag boomers.

The beauty of bitcoin is that it is in the wild, attacked 24/7 by the best hackers in the world, and has never had 1 minute of downtime. The network doesn't care about any laws.

Trump, Laggard and The Pope could claim it's illegal, the price would tank due panic sellers, but the network would keep working, after the market realizes the network still works, money will come back.

The status quo can't control anything that has to do with bitcoin. They want none of that.

You used to be able to redeem your dollars for gold at the bank and they didn't fuck around with fractional reserve banking (which is just counterfeiting).

Great points, thanks.

Lightning network sounds great but I've heard that lightning network will be centralized though, isn't that bad?

blue pajeet likes hanzo steel.

good goy. centralize awll da crypto. Lightning Network is good for you. you need Uncle Goldstein's controlled and centralized servers in Jew York to manage my- oy, i mean, "your" shekels. Would Aunt Feinstein and Pelosi ever lie to you filthy nig- i mean, fine gentlemen?

yes. terribly actually. so much so that it kinda take the "de-" out of decentralized currency and technology. hm