This fat bastard was a bloodthirsty tyrant and one of the worst kings England ever had...

This fat bastard was a bloodthirsty tyrant and one of the worst kings England ever had. He broke with the catholic church for cunny, beheaded anybody who disagreed within like an screeching manchild, didnt win any wars. The ONLY good thing he did, was supply half of the DNA that would become the based Elizabeth Gloriana.

>cromwell was a good boy who dindu-nuffin

Henry VIII the poster boy for English Nationalism

The original eternal anglo

The catholic church became an instrument of Satan. That is why the Catholic church killed so many for seeking the truth by reading the real words of God.

Catholics in every country tend to be very centrist. Tony Blair and Tim Kaine are good examples of this. While church dogma and guilt keeps Catholic voters more socially conservative, the global nature of the church pushes it's followers to be more internationalist too.

The worst thing he did was stand in the way of reform. His break with Rome was God's answer to the final prayer of that saint, the martyred William Tyndale

>He broke with the catholic church for cunny
Church deserved it

>beheaded anybody who disagreed within like an screeching manchild
bitch deserved it

not saying he wasn't a bastard but he was also England's /ourguy/

>church grants divorces to any royalty who wanted one for hundreds of years, only declining when they had a political interest to do so
>with henry viii they deny it for whatever reason
>like several other monarchs in the past few centuries he breaks with the church and does it anyways

The only difference with Henry VIII was that his break with the church had lasting consequences because of the reformation already being underway.

>for whatever reason
It was because the pope feared his wife's uncle

Sounds like someone's jelly they'll never be nearly this based.

He broke with the church and made himself supreme governor, but it wasn't until Elizabeth that it became fully seperate from Roman Catholicism
You can kinda see why he wanted a wife, as you had war of the roses not that long ago over disputed inheritance
As a catholic I hate him for starting the English reformation, but I do like him for centralising the government allowing it to become an empire
Also the knight larping was annoying as it removed all of his fathers inheritance which could have been used to patron the arts or natural philosophies like Charles II did.
Also as one of noble birth I hate him for the redistribution of wealth removing my family from Lords

Well he did establish the Royal Navy.

He expanded the navy, so did Cromwell, however it was only under the restoration that you have the actual Royal Navy begin, although Charles II was promiscuous he was kingly in all other matters

eat shit, aristocuck

>cuck
>I live in a house I never had to pay a mortgage for
>my family tree shows I am of the legitimate line
Alright Ben Smith

what about him made him " england's /ourguy/"? Was it what said, about him being the original eternal anglo/ english nationalist?

that and he made a song about how women aint shit but hoes and tricks

Yeah, just like protestant kill and persecuted hundred of catholics

What monarch at the time didn't behead dissidents?

It was an act of self defense

Christian ancap when?

>Christian ancap

That's just theocracy, mate. The sooner you accept that, and are okay with that, the better off you'll be.

And what you should really accept is that no government on Earth will be perfect until Christ himself comes again in glory and rules over us all.

Theocracy is communism, but communism that actually works because LMAO no sin

Go fuck your teddy bear, Sebastion

What makes him "theirguy" tho, like I get the point of the meme I just dont know what he did that makes him that