What does Islam say about women?

I was caught between two people arguing about this over Easter break.

My brother's girlfriend, a typical SJW and has several female muslim friends was virulently defending it saying that it's feminist etc. etc. etc. while my sister and her boyfriend (and he works in the middle east quite a lot) were saying that it's a very misogynist faith etc.

You know, usual sides to that argument. What did come out is that none of them actually -knew- what the books and Hadiths say. So I was wondering, what is actually said in the Qu'ran about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B_ToLv3rt1M
youtu.be/vkWVdAfXbXI
quran.com/4/34
huffingtonpost.com/gabby-aossey/muslims-are-the-true-feminists_b_9877692.html
huffingtonpost.com/jim-garrison/muhammad-was-a-feminist_b_12638112.html
dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/hitting-wives-a-beautiful-blessing-from-allah-says-sydney-muslim-womens-group/news-story/3f7ba05642ed2d399edd979d9624bfed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>wife beating muslims convinced an entire generation of sjw roasties that islam is female empowering under the guise of muh poor oppressed brown enlightened people from the Orient
Just nuke us all we're all fucked

Long story short women are retarded whores who need alpha male protection & guidance, but they're still human

So basically what your average /pol/tard believes?

Why do they hate em then?

Because most muslims are brown and Islam is anti-racist

Then again Christianity is worship of a brown anti-racist man falsely accused and executed by authorities but don't count on /pol/ having any intelligence

Well, the Quran was written in a part of the world where not burying excess children alive was considered to be new and innovative, so...

You realize the closet genetic relatives to ancient Judeans (the mandeans) are White Levantines, right?

Islam cannot speak.

You mean at a time when not burying your children alive was innovative. Islam had some progressive policies for the time it came into existence. Property rights, divorce, and inheritance are setting Islam enforced for women when other religions denied including Christianity. I'm sick of /pol/tards acting like Islam is the worse religion that has ever existed. The problem with modern Islam is a lack of modernization. The religion is completely fine for when it came into existence. It isn't a femnisits friendly religion but your just straight but ignorant retard if you think Christianity and Judaism are remotely better on paper.

The Bible was pro slave and pro women's rights for the time it was written too ya know

>that
>white

Pick one.

>white levantines
I thought only Europeans were white and middle easterners were 'shitskins'.

Yeah and so was Islam that's my point. They all had their strengths and weaknesses. Islam has actually regressed from when it came out. I know several Muslim mje that's take their wives pay checks when based on their own religion they don't have any right to any money she earns or property she owns.

>white
>levantines

Nigga I'm FROM the levant and that's bullshit

We're brown

Are you Mandean or can you not read?

Lack of modernization is built into the Quran.

Christianity had it built in because it was a vague and metaphorical text which anyone can interpret more than two ways at any given time and cherry pick to high heaven. Also translation errors and nit picking. Did you know Luther left out the parts about Alexander the great which is found in the Catholic Bible. To be fair, Luther would be mad at all modern Protestants practicing capitalism. He hated merchants, but anyways...

The Quran on the other hand is kept in Arabic and not to be translated. Whereas the Bible was written by men who were divinely inspired, the Quran is the direct word of god.

And it tells people its OK to do some barbaric shit in the name of their god. So when Isis says they are following the rules set forth in the Quran, they aren't wrong.

Sam Harris basically explains this in a review of one of Isis's magazine:

youtu.be/B_ToLv3rt1M

>Lack of modernization is built into the Quran.
Nonsense. Islam has evolved and changed over the years like all religions. Plenty of stuff Muslims practice now isn't in the Quran and contradicts passes in the Quran. Like half of Saudi Arabias anti women laws.

This, I'm all for not applying modern standards of morality to historical figures but when one historical figure from the 7th century is upheld as the standard for the morality of over a billion people historical relativism has no place in de emphasising his shittiness.

Do they contradict verses that haven't been abrogated?

Mandeans aren't white bruh

And aside from that, the closest modern relatives of biblical Jews are Palestinians

Make no mistake, in the majority of Muslim countries women are aren't worth shit. They are often subject to genital mutilation at a young age, typically done by close family members. They are forced to wear the burka/rags, don't believe lies telling you its a choice, or its more liberating to women.

I really can't believe SJWs will defend Islam, all they have to do is just spend more than 10 minutes studying women's rights in that part of the world. Maybe they also conveniently forget the many women activists in the ME who are constantly advocating for better rights and even equal education.

Reason why Muslim countries are shit is they don't have usury.

They can't build industries without capital and lending instruments.

The only time they are rich is when they sell off natural resources. Once that is gone well... Back to the desert.

Lel "islamic finance" is a load of bunk. They engage in usury like everyone else but present it as a convoluted system of "discounts"

Are you claiming that Islamic finance isn't sharia-compliant?

I'm saying it's usury by another name.

It's is Islamic as Christians claim they can still be a good Christian while being Capitalists.

It says no loans at interest and by god damn fucking it, they are pretending to take on risk by being part of the business when they are in fact, not.

Ergo, neither modern Christians nor Muslims who lend money are really Muslims or Christians.

Luther would have put most modern Christians to death.

>I really can't believe SJWs will defend Islam, all they have to do is just spend more than 10 minutes studying women's rights in that part of the world.

Do you think you're the only person with access to that information? They see the same shit we see. SJWs don't "defend" Islam, they've been told that discrimination against Muslims exists, and they want to be part of the solution.

The thing they care the most about in life is being "one of the good ones." This is because they lack self-esteem (and believe in Whig historiography). They're afraid that they have no actual value as human beings (that would make them equal to the rest of us) so they try to curry favor with people by not being a part of their problems. They see all of us fighting each other and hating each other and oppressing each other and they want to be the one person who swoops in and isn't "racist" or "islamophobic" or whatever.

The problem is that in order for them to maintain this identity, they have to thwart any actual progress and otherwise paint society in the most negative light imaginable. If people become "good," then these people aren't "better" anymore. One of the good ones. The tiresome Republican refrain that "liberals are the real racists" resonates in this instance. They want the world to be as evil and oppressive and cold as possible, and they certainly don't want to be in charge of it.

The thing they hate the most is when WE sit here and accuse THEM of double standards as if it's their standards that the world operates on. They don't want us to even be able to hear them. But rather to recline and mutter paeans to their own moral superiority. If the indigenous populaces of Europe rose up tomorrow and began the process of expelling all the Muslims and other foreigners from their lands, these "SJWs" would protest, but they would make sure not to do enough to prevent it all from happening. Because all they want is to be "one of the good ones."

>Islam is anti-racist

The terms 'feminist' and 'misogynist' are terms that you can't accurately apply to Islam, since those terms express a modern worldview while Islam is a pre-modern movement. Islam doesn't hate women, but it doesn't empower women with the rights the feminism demands either.

In a nutshell in islam (as in christianity), men and women are viewed as different but complementary. In practice this means that men and women have different laws to follow. For example, a muslim man may only marry a muslim or christian or jewish woman, but a muslim woman may only marry a muslim man. Men may not wear gold jewellery, woman may, etc.

Islam was progressive for its time (e.g. in islam marriage is voluntary for women not imposed by their father etc.), which is why some people claim it is feminist, but it's really pre-feminist historically and by definition, and people that call it feminist are either stupid or lying. On the other hand people who call it misogynist mean that anything not feminist is hateful to women, and they are stupid or lying too.

Yeah no one is living up to their traditions it seems.

>secular judaism

Has got to take the cake though. At least Christians and Muslims don't have the chutzpah to claim to be secular lol like wat

Abraham rolling in his grave could power Tel Aviv with perpetual motion

>beating women, belittling them, hating gays, etc makes you "alpha"

When will this meme die? Islam is the most beta religion on Earth. If you're really an "alpha male" you don't have to keep going on and on about how wives must obey their husbands and shit, much less claim that God says so. Faggots who sit on online and call other dudes "cuckolds" to make themselves feel better about themselves are proto-Wahhabis. Real gangster ass niggas don't flex nuts cause real gangster ass niggas know they got em.

Oh cool, someone from the Daily Kos circa 2004 showed up in this thread

>muslims convinced an entire generation of sjw roasties that islam is female empowering
they didn't convince anyone of that, i don't mean this as an insult but you are probably on the autism spectrum if you think that's actually what these people believe

No SJW believes any Abrahamic religion is inherently "female empowering". That can't be the case considering they were born in very patriarchal times, at best they can be better than what the local paganism had to offer (and that's arguable in some cases).

What they believe in is that some versions of those religions can be "female empowering" and that some theists can be less misogynistic than some atheists/agnostics/non-believers. Which is true since even if atheists are less sexist on average, red pillers are probably mostly atheist young men.

Well, I don't know the language, and I've never read the book, but you can always just look around at any moslem country out there and try to deduce their position on the issue. There is a contingent on /pol/ that respects moslems in a way, because of their standing on certain social issues such as this one. So figure it out.

This, case closed. Now go to a useful thread faggots

It requires that they have to leave their house at least one in their lifetimes.

>1st century Jew
>brown

Palestinians are from Saudi arabia

Those people aren't white, closest living relatives are Samaritans and most of them are white

It is very feminist indeed.

It is so feminist that it's clergy has a system of wife beatings enforced and laid out in the Qur'an. So feminist that it mandates women are worth less than a man. Very feminist.

>Inb4 muh interpretation

The Quran is the word of Allah, the world's most perfect man, it is only literal and not up for interpretation.

>Inb4 different translations

Arabic isn't as hard to discern in english flush as you think it is and it certainly doesn't drastically change the meaning

Women believing it is feminist is a pure form of taqiyya.

Just look at this fine evidence that Islam is indeed quite feminist:

youtu.be/vkWVdAfXbXI

Fucking Autocorrect

You'll be surprised as you get older how many men all over the world are gigantic pussies who are just posturing. It's all about aesthetics these days, just like with women.

You sure are here for the humanities part because you clearly dont know shit about history

Why are western feminists always to quick to defend a religion that is clearly anti women rights, I just don't get it, they'll even defend the burka

Islam doesn't really recognize different traits like race. In islam, a person is either a muslim or infidel.

Islam doesn't say anything about women

But you could say that about any religion what the fuck

Exactly. Maybe islam and the west should collaborate to fight marxism and homosexuality

Tequila

>They are often subject to genital mutilation at a young age

Only niggers do this, there is no scriptual basis for FGM, which is why ISIS banned it

Wife beating is a feminist practice because it implies that men and women are equal and that there is no difference between a man beating another man and a man beating a woman.

Didn't your parents teach you not to hit people?

>I have no argument so I'll just say I am more educated then you

The historic precident of wife beatings is distinct from a theological justification of it.

Don't dish out shitty insults when you're clearly too dumb to comprehend my point.

>If you marry them it's ok to beat them if they misbehave.

It doesnt have a theoligical justification,what it does have is a theoligical restriction

No, it directly states that when a woman disobeys it is ok to beat them.

quran.com/4/34

>No SJW believes any Abrahamic religion is inherently "female empowering"

"Muslims Are the True Feminists"
huffingtonpost.com/gabby-aossey/muslims-are-the-true-feminists_b_9877692.html
>"Muhammad Was A Feminist"
huffingtonpost.com/jim-garrison/muhammad-was-a-feminist_b_12638112.html

kuffar are so gullible desu

>Hitting wives 'a beautiful blessing' from Allah, says Sydney Muslim women's group.

dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/hitting-wives-a-beautiful-blessing-from-allah-says-sydney-muslim-womens-group/news-story/3f7ba05642ed2d399edd979d9624bfed

Seriously what is Ariana Huffingtons endgame?

Nor should they swing their legs to draw attention to their hidden ornaments.

If you catch my drift.

What's wrong with wife beating?

Nothing user. The thread is just full of pseudo-intellectual Marxist lefties.

I don't hate anyone, hating people is counterproductive lol

I also don't think women are human

Hehehe we do reach some fucked up levels of enlightenment

are you saying it isn't okay to beat your wife lol?

but it's restricting to her to beatings only when she misbehaves! so empowering! so brave! nevermind the fact that it is still completely arbitrary ;)

I'm actually at the point now where I wish we got Islam instead of Christianity.

The more autonomy women lose over themselves; the better for society

Fuck off feminist

It's not a misogynistic faith so much as the societies were it is prevalent are misogynistic.

The fluid is the shape of container, not the other way around.

If Westerners got Islam instead of Christianity most Western mosques would have uncovered female imams and peform gay marriages. Why do Westerners have to ruin all based, red-pilled religions?

Women were veiling themselves and being beaten by their husbands in the Middle East millennia before Muhammad showed up.

>lemme make a compromise feel good middle ground statement to maintain political correctness even though it has no basis in the actual facts of the matter: the post

Tee bee aytch, he's pretty much right.

A religion isn't inherently anything, it's a reflection of the surrounding culture.

Hence why medieval European Christendom basically acted like ISIS.

>culture and religion are hermetically sealed, especially in this part of the world notorious for its over the top religiosity dating back to at least the collapse of the Soviet Union
Do you people listen to yourself?

>SJW and has several female muslim friends was virulently defending it saying that it's feminist

We're saying the exact opposite you moron, culture and religion are constantly being constructed.

When's the last time the section on the koran dealing with woman's rights has been reconstructed?

What do you mean by this?

What I meant is that in pre islamic arabia , people used to beat the shit out of their wives for the slightest of reasons and treated them as subhumans, wheb islam came it restricted that and allowed it in severe conditions like when a woman leaves the house late at night refusing to tell where she is going, but before you should as a muslim man talk to them and forsake them in bed as long as it needs or takes, then you are allowed to beat with very light strikes of siwak(lean and rubbery stick of wood) on hand.
Prophet Muhammad said that he is not a true man and muslim who opresses his wife and beats her.
Also Muhammad is the greatest example of how muslim shall behave and he never laid his hands on a woman nor did he even shout at one, instead he helped them with house work and listened to every complaint they had, in more than once they seemed angry and shouted but he always comforted them.
Many great early islamic scholars(8th and 7th century) prohibited beating.

Gotta love all these /pol/tards complaining about SJW's "supporting" Islam. They just have the audacity to believe that people should be given the same rights and treated the same way regardless of their religion. Of course we conservatives know that things like "Civil Rights" and "Freedom" are limited physical resources and to let a Muslim have them means it gets taken away from a Christian, Just like how when Gays got the right to marry we had to take away the right to marry from Straights because there just aren't enough civil rights to go around.

Because they worship jews.

White people's skin isn't white, daft

Enjoy your blown out dried up 38 year old roastie with 3 "caramel" kids and 6 HPV strains

Muslim here: question for you lads..

Why do you guys become pro-Women's right all of a sudden when discussing Islam when 99% of threads are "REEE FUCKING WHORES"

now to answer your question OP, from an Islamic perspective, Islam is indeed best for Women as it is best for all society. Freedom in this world is an allusion, and is a tool of satan. Free choice is behind 90%of problems plaguing society. Freedom to abandon your family, freedom from your obligations to create a household in which the sacred roles of the father and mother to raise the next generation, and freedom from obligation to your society. What God commands may not seem right from your "modernist" and so called"enlightened" world view, however you have to trust that god knows best. That is the core of faith.

sorry if this post comes off as arrogant, that wasn't my intention.

Why the fuck do leftists defend Islam of all things? What the fuck is going on here? They hunt for Nazis incessantly but it never seems to occur to them that Islam is against EVERYTHING they stand for.

Holy fucking shit.

>yeah, real men let their girlfriend have freedom and independence, that's why we've decided to open up our relationship... monogamy is so outdated, wouldn't you agree?

The Prophet PBUH said: "The best of you (men) is the ones best to his wife."

The elements that Islam brought to women were nothing short of extreme revolutionary. Islam literally halted the murdering of female toddlers (on the basis of gender) and gave women inheritance rights, property rights, wife rights, etc.

Anyone who actually understands history can understand just how radically Islam changed the treatment of women.

The truth is that nobody is a Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc. in modern society. We are all liberals: that is our religion.

>Why do you guys become pro-Women's right all of a sudden when discussing Islam
Because we'd rather deal with our trash than some Moslem's

Your religion is evil and will be remembered as such by your descendants. You will be looked upon by your genetic lineage as a backwards and brainwashed figure

Why deal with anything at all? what is it to you that we don't let our women go out whoring and drinking while babysitting your wife's son?

1438 years strong uncorrupted. No other religion can pull the same claim.

Worry about your own Flint Water shit then bother with random folks in Afghanistan, you redpilled cuck.

how so?
If anything, I would hope future generations would wisen up and realize godless consumerist Western liberal society has destroyed every value civilization once stood for

>constantly at war with itself
>uncorrupted

Whatever you say, enjoy being cucked by Jews like everyone else

As far as I'm concerned, you can act as you will in your own various shitholes. Hell, keep Constantinople, even, but when you come over to foreign lands, perpetuating some puppydog routine for sympathy points, I get angry.

I'm never going to be content with savages sitting in Europe, just waiting to blow up the Louvre.

Touch one painting, and I'll remove your fetted kebab ass myself

So because Republicans and Democrats might disagree, all of a sudden the constitution is corrupted? Are you stupid?

The Shia/Sunni division is in it's core an issue of heading the government.

well your paintings aren't really the topic of discussion, now is it...

Anyhow, you should stop telling us how to treat women: judging by how "inviting" average woman is i'm getting the impression that they like our way better anyways :^)

real ass post right here my guy

Moslems are iconoclastic.

You scum can't be trusted around art and culturally important sites . I'd rather have you stupid cunts in NA, because then you couldn't do any damage