casebook.org/ripper_media/book_reviews/non-fiction/cjmorley/100.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hates immigrants
>hates women
>hates the poor
>probably a sexual deviant
Literally /pol/: the man

British police doesn't like this.
for me, one of the best murder in the history.

Aaron Kosminski, a jew who was Jack.

Jack was a Jewish polish immigrant ya dingus

he was a tribesmen

He was a poor immigrant himself though.

How would anyone know that if we didn't know who he was?

This. IMO, the best candidate is Nathan Kaminsky. The police thought it was a Polish Jew at the time, and the only name they had was "Kosminsky," which is super close and easy to mix up. Aaron Kosmisky doesn't seem like a killer, Kaminsky did; he was violent, and had committed assaults on women in the past. It's also pretty likely he was committed to an asylum around when the murders stopped and died not long after. There are a lot more details than that, and the case relies of circumstantial evidence, but he's really the only person who fits the profile most people have of Jack.

Because the case files are missing and the only thing we've got are the recollections of people involved with the case. Two most senior police officers working on it revealed that one suspect was identified but the suspect refused to testify so they just watched him. He was Aaron Kosminski and we know he lived just outside the murder site of Elizabeth Stride and across the street of the murder site of Polly Nichols. Every other detail also checks out. We don't know for sure if that was him but the current estimate is 70% so I'll take that.

How many candidates are there at this point? It must be in the hundreds. People have even said Jack was someone from the royal family.

It's literally the most boring theory.

From time to time there are flavor-of-the-month candidates based on the most recent documentaries. Like a Victorian painter (one woman wasted millions for useles tests to prove he was JTR) and now when you watch documentaries on youtube you're gonna see that people *know* it was some guy named Lechmere who apparently was one of the witnesses who stated his name was Cross. But we have no proof that they were one and the same. The author of this theory is commenting on the biggest JTR forum where they rip him to shreds.

>Every other detail also checks out.
Not really. The only reason people think it's Kosminsky is because when people went looking through records for someone named Kosminsky (because of the police notes), he was the only person they could find. That's really the only reason. He was also a Polish Jew and he was committed to a mental asylum, but he wasn't that violent, and the dates of his incarceration and death don't match Anderson's memoirs.

No, it must have been a Jew because muh/pol/.

He assaulted his sister with a knife and hated women. His health deteriorated arond 1889 but before that he acted relatively sane at least on the surface. His family wanted to get rid of him though.

Allow me to introduce you to 1888 East End.

>He assaulted his sister with a knife
Once. He didn't have much of a history of violence beyond that, and his asylum records describe his as mostly quiet and harmless. The Ripper Casbook page describes him like this: "Discrepancies between Aaron Kosminski and the "Kosminski" described by Anderson/Swanson. Not known to have had violent tendencies."

And again, the main reason people even consider him as a suspect is because he had the same name Anderson noted. Kaminsky had a munch longer record of violence against women and almost the same name. Anderson also said that before the murders stopped, "Kosminsky" had been locked up and died not long after. That could match Kaminsky easily (if he was the same person as George Cohen), but doesn't match Koskinsky at all, who was still alive when Anderson wrote his book.

When it comes down to it, there isn't a way to prove that anyone was the killer, but Kosminsky isn't as obviously the killer as most people seem to think. Besides his name, which wouldn't have been hard to fuck up, he doesn't match who the police described very much.

hey guys...what's going on in this thread.

>(one woman wasted millions for useles tests to prove he was JTR)
Kek. What a retard.

casebook.org/ripper_media/book_reviews/non-fiction/cjmorley/100.html

Obscure as fuck and still not much more than a name. I remember another Jew named Levy who's also "better than Kosminski." Oh well. Still better suspect than Chapman. Or Tumblety.

Whoever he might've been one thing should be mandatory when reconsidering suspects: his location. We know for sure that the murderer lived in Whitechapel at least at the time of the murderers. It's one of the few things we know about him.

It's a map of the Whitechapel with all the murderes. I added two X marks. The upper one is where Kosminski lived for sure shortly after the murderers (and it's very likely he lived there during the murders too). The other one is the house of his family. The red line is the border of Whitechapel. By killing Catherine Eddowes the metropolitan police had to overtake the investigation. Interesting fact: the large hospital is when the Elephant Man lived at the time so the murders were happening just outside his window (no, he's not considered a probable suspect).

>Obscure as fuck and still not much more than a name.
The David Cohen page on that site (linked at the bottom of the page) gives a much better rundown of the theory. It's entirely circumstantial, but it seems mostly likely to me, mostly because it requires the least amount of mental gymnastics to work. Cohen really seems like the suspect, and the only speculation it takes to connect him and Kaminsky is willingness to acknowledge that London policemen wouldn't have been meticulous about recording the name of a Polish Jew that probably didn't speak English. I'm fine with accepting that, and everything else fits really nicely.

That was Patricia Cornwall. She probably made the money back in book sales. Her theory is pretty shit, though. If she wasn't already a famous crime author no one would have taken it seriously.

What was the population of Whitechapel at the time?

Also Martha Tabram was a probable Ripper victim the other "white" names were most likely unrelated. Needless to say if Tabram was killed by Jack it's a case against Kosminski because first murder is usually the closest to the killer's location. But nevermind that. One thing I learned reading the Ripper forum is that you get a group of experts who've been investigating the case for several decades and they can't agree on anything and no possibility is too crazy for them. I think most of them believe that the killer was someone who's never been named. There's so much we don't know. For example the testimony of Israel Schwartz which is pretty chaotic and makes it seem as if the Ripper had an accomplice.

I think the census took place right before the antisemitic pogroms in Russia which brought a wave of immigrants to East End.

I recommend this as an introduction. It's a great read with like 20 pages dedicated to setting the stage, describing life in Whitechapel its origins etc. You can sense that something big is about to go down. Apparently those streets which kept its Victorian look still "feel weird" I'm gonna visit London this holiday to chek it out.