The first wave of African American immigration to Europe

A large number of the 200,000 African American servicemen who fought in WW1 decided to stay in Europe, specifically in Paris, France. They found themselves well received by the French, which was a welcome change from the near universal racism they experienced in the States at the time. When knowledge of this growing expatriate community got back home, many young African Americans also departed. Several jazz clubs, both owned by and performed at by African Americans became extremely popular with the Cities' elite: It was not uncommon to see African American intellectuals brushing shoulders with the decedents of French nobles. Of course, all this fanfare came to a grinding halt with the Second World War: At the time, all Americans fled the city in haste: The old jazz clubs where people would dance to the morning hours were now bare.

>"In many ways, African Americans came to France as a sort of privileged minority, a kind of model minority, if you will - a group that benefited not only from French fascination with blackness, but a French fascination about Americanness."

youtube.com/watch?v=HkdCr9HlRE0

Other urls found in this thread:

faculty.ccri.edu/panaccione/Honorspapers/TheMigrationofAfricanAmericanstoParis.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>fake American cuck fantasy propaganda

Go back to pol. This is a board for historical discussion.

faculty.ccri.edu/panaccione/Honorspapers/TheMigrationofAfricanAmericanstoParis.pdf

Liberals are better than communist in propaganda.
feels bad man

Why not go back to Africa while they're at it?

>Writes some soft BBC erotica fantasy
>Links a irrelevant PDF also about BBC
Yeah no. I think reddit has what you're looking for in this regard.

>A large number
Name a number.

Its not clear. Records from the time are shoddy. But ,as I mentioned earlier, it was enough for others to take note.

Stefan Zweig writes about french hos fucking niggers with no compunction in pre wwI Paris. Why were the French such niggerlovers though? Most Europeans were racially aware at the time.

God it is disgusting how the cradle of European civilization, much less the center of French culture, has allowed these third worlders to enterin and abuse the place to where the French are fleeing it.

Just 4 u

What a salty ad hominem, and who saves their own screenshot?

Tbqh I always see anti-/pol/acks derail threads. Somebody makes a /pol/itical reference or posts a Jewish caricature and like 3 people always respond with ad hominems or pictures like this. Then the person who said soemthing /pol/ just starts baiting them by saying stuff like cuck and keeps getting (You)'s.

First things first faggot this isn't pol

Second thing second you havent disproved the cap

Ad-hominem = anything that disagrees with me

That's not how life works /pol/tard

>French fascination with blackness
I'm crying

Not reall funny. It's jsut French interest in the foreign.

Black Americans fulfilled the niche of exotic two-fold and they were not African do they didn't have that stigma vs say what an Africa would have in France.

This is you

Are you always thinking about black dicks?

>2nd pic
Three /sp/ maymays in one pic, nice

/pol/ was the original promote of BBC bullshits.

Lend me your ears you reddit browsing cuckold faggot. Ponder for a second and conjure within your mind the possibilities that the person in the pic comparing /pol/ to furries is biased and that there are people on this anonymous image board that do fully believe what they say and post, instead only doing it in order to get attention by easily angered brainlets and to stir commotion in threads.

You still haven't disproved his /pol/tards are furries point

I support the summary liquidation of all niggers in Europe who refuse to leave. Fuck off, filthy apes.

why should they leave?

>the cradle of European civilization
but that's france not greece

"not clear" doesn't seem to cut it. More like a number doesn't exist because no one knows and no one can and should say "a large number" stayed in Europe.

>Colonize half africa
>Teach your language to half of them
>When shit goes down were we expect them to go?
>le fucking niggs invading french Reeeeeeeeeee

My man its really really obvious you started this thread just so you could get some response like that and then yell at people to go back to /pol/

There's no pretext for this thread and it's not about anything important or noteworthy or particularly interesting to most people

You are literally baiting

>There's no pretext for this thread and it's not about anything important or noteworthy or particularly interesting to most people
he literally started a thread discussing an event in history
on the history board
no pretext? what the fuck kind of drugs are you on besides /pol/'s """"redpill""""?

My family was their in the mid 19th century as a student to some grand ecole. The colonial elite who recognized their sons would send them to Paris for education.

Yes we were a model minority and in WWI and WWII we gave much cultural life to Paris. These were not nearly as privileged as my ancestors but still they assimilated well as I believe a Miss France is part African American of a woman who immigrated there.

Yeah it's france. What are you talking about greece for

He wants to discuss this niche unimportant historical event because he knows it will start shit. This entire thread is filled with nothing but meta drama, people spouting "/pol/" arbitrarily like it's some magical word that's going to force conservatives of all colors to leave Veeky Forums, and a few people doubting the historicity of OP's document given how obviously infatuated it is with its topic.
The only on topic post ITT is maybe but I can't tell what the fuck he's trying to say.

Can we please just discuss the topic on hand?

What do you want, a goddamn blowjob?

>posting an essay from some first year French course student at some community college as your source

We all post the same threads every single day. I just wanted to make an original thread.

why are you namefagging

Oh hey this is pretty interesting because I kind of have a connection to this stuff
My paternal great-grandfather fought in WW1, I think my dad told me he was a field medic, met his wife there before coming back to the states(no idea why he'd come back), I have a picture of him in uniform somewhere but I doubt I'd find it today
Still, nice to see some attention to it even if there's shitposting

Actually, just talked to my dad because I was fuzzy on the details
The family story, so take it with some embellishment, was that he a French lieutenant, went to fight WW1 because he thought it was a war worth fighting for(no idea why, WW1 sounded like shit), and when the US got involved he somehow became a sergeant for them
Wanted to move back to France after the war but I guess he died before he could

A lot of the story is pretty suspect but it's still pretty neat it's survived up to me

Good. That's what you get for fighting on the wrong side, with the Jews against Hitler. I only wish more would have gone there.

I was validating OPs statement by stating my families history with France.

You should really read the economic history of colonial French Africa. Lots of memes to read up on in that context.

Wrong world war m8