/SEC/ - SEC General - P&D Edition

"Pump and dump" cryptocurrency schemes are illegal, and enforced by the SEC. If prosecuted, this can lead to jail time and fines.

>Can the SEC regulate crypto?
Yes. A security is defined using the Howey Test. The Supreme Court stated in Marine Bank v. Weaver, 455 U.S. 551, (1982), the definition is “quite broad” and meant to include “the countless and variable schemes devised by those who seek the use of the money of others on the promise of profits.”
For more information on SEC's enforcement against crypto, see:
sec.gov/investor/alerts/ia_virtualcurrencies.pdf

>But I don't live in the US.
The SEC enforces Security Fraud cases overseas. If there is a US victim, the scheme falls under SEC jurisdiction. Nearly every country cooperates with SEC investigations. For more information, see:
sec.gov/about/offices/oia/oia_crossborder.shtml

>I don't want to get arrested, what I can I do?
The SEC offers a whistleblower program. If you bring evidence that leads to a securities fraud conviction, you will avoid prosecution and you are eligible for a reward. Eligible whistleblowers are entitled to an award of between 10% and 30% of the monetary sanctions collected by the SEC and related law enforcement authorities. For more information, see:
sec.gov/about/offices/owb/owb-faq.shtml

>How do I whistleblow?
In order to qualify for an award under the whistleblower program, you must submit your information either through the online Tips, Complaints and Referrals questionnaire or by completing the hardcopy Form-TCR and mailing or faxing it to the SEC Office of the Whistleblower, 100 F Street NE, Mail Stop 5631, Washington, DC 20549, Fax (703) 813-9322.

>Who do I contact if I've been defrauded by a pump and dump?
You can provide tips at:
sec.gov/complaint/tipscomplaint.shtml

Other urls found in this thread:

sec.gov/about/offices/oia/oia_enforce/intercoop.pdf
m.youtube.com/watch?v=a7zDebveHeM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Snitches get stiches

That is the gayest fucking phrase.

What is this, a pre-teen Digimon convention?

Snitches get riches.

Whistleblowers can receive 10%-30% of any fines handed down as a result of their tip. Do you participate in a pump and dump scheme? Work with the SEC and get paid, even if you're outside the US.

Fuck off SEC

I lead one of the biggest pump and dump discord groups currently. My whales move mountains. Are you saying what i am leading is illegal and i should stop?

Should i also pay my taxes? okay i'll take that under advizement while i'm pounding your wife.

No, I'm saying someone that works for you can receive a sizable cash payout if they work with the SEC to have you arrested.

hey would you mind blowing my whistle?

>using humor to deflect from your fear of getting arrested
pathetic

The SEC can't do shit. It's a decentralized world bby ;)

Call the cops idgaf

how can sec prosecute pump and dump groups which are not run by americans

They can't, the securities they are "pumping" aren't even under American law.

Fraud is fraud.

>The SEC offers a whistleblower program. If you bring evidence that leads to a securities fraud conviction, you will avoid prosecution and you are eligible for a reward

join the magic world of snitches bitches

*Yawn*

It's answered in the FAQ above. If there are US victims, SEC had jursidiction. The SEC has prosecuting cases all over the world. See more at:
sec.gov/about/offices/oia/oia_enforce/intercoop.pdf

The SEC has jurisdiction over American-regulated securities. Which is why all these companies are registered in Singapore and Switzerland. They also "prohibit" sales to American citizens, bt how can they know if you use a VPN.

Take the redpill

The SEC are pumping on Veeky Forums to dump their crypto holdings

VPNs are nowhere near as secure as you think, that's all I can say.

You are the same guy who compared the 14 year old who pumped & dumped American stocks on Yahoo forums in 2002 to some Pajeet who pumps & dumps Singapore-registered crypto non-securities behind 14 proxies on a secure platform.

Yawn, the FUD is real

Very free. Much brave. Bereft of foreskin. Murica wow

shut up nerd

Interesting, Gov shills on Veeky Forums LOL

>non-securities

That's an interesting legal conclusion. Keep in mind that the US government does not share that conclusion.

>profiting from a scheme to dump on unsuspecting people is ethically fine.
>profiting from turning them in is not.

Really activates my almonds.

No one cares what the US government thinks, idiot. Stop crying. All of this is public information, if the US gov could arrest them, they wouldn't be waiting for your shit ass thread.

Never have I ever seen an "unsuspecting person" falling for a crypto P & D. Everyone here is a greedy gambling fuck. You played and LOST, deal with it like a man.

>No one cares what the US government thinks, idiot

Lmao i live in Russia, the SEC govcucks can suck it up

Remove the state!

Any taxes when cashing out in the motherland?

I didn't expect government workers to understand anything above their paygrade anyway.

im not a government worker idiot, just the saying that "No one cares what the US government thinks" is hilarious on its face

kys

Why would anyone care about what the US government thinks about something that they have zeero say in? Only idiots like you and OP care.

>something that they have zeero say in?
oh my sweet summer child

just because you'd LIKE the us government to have no say in crypto, doesn't mean that's how it's going to work in actuality

It doesn't matter what I like or don't like. These are very clearly defined legal terms that lawyers have already made clear. Some of these companies are multi-billion operations. Stay out of it and get a government job, I guess.

>he thinks the US government gives a fuck about "clearly defined legal terms"
if they want something outlawed, they will

they could kill crypto with the flip of a proverbial lightswitch

naive kiddo

Υeah, only that they can't. The most they could do is have idiots like you shill for them.

>Υeah, only that they can't.
entire crypto market cap is 100 billion

that's a drop in the bucket for the US government retard

Good luck actually seeking any sort of legal repercussion with someone over seas lmao.

Crypto is too young to be a major government worry.

The entire SEC funding is 1.6 billions, and they have much more serious cases to spend this money on than the Telegram group you lost your allowance to.

Suck a dick, faggot

This, unless the IRS thinks you owe them money the SEC isn't going to bother.
>entire crypto market cap is 100 billion
>that's a drop in the bucket for the US government retard
This is exactly why they don't give a shit, it's not worth the money

FUCK U SEC, yesterday this faggot did the same thing and i told him i was in 16 pump groups and he believed it hahahah
ALMOST CRIED M A RIVER TO WHISTLEBLOW

>But I don't live in the US.

Come over to Kuwait you pussy blossom, you're culo will be skinned alive until it gets roasted by our Libian friends

Probably some teenagers who want their money back.

>i-i was just an innocent bystander
>actively searches and participates in p&d groups in an effort to get free money

Probably some teenagers who has more money that what you will ever get in your office box work pussy, go strap your seatbelt to your desk, hopefully you will see an exciting bug flying around the office useless piece of pusseh

kek can't wait till one of your whales decides enough and they wanna cash out one last time on you

What in the actual fuck, learn some English Arab nigger.

SEC is basically powerless. I don't think the organization is able or willing to do anything or they are short-staffed or something.

You have obvious, FAMOUS, manipulators engaging in blatant securities fraud like Andrew Left and he's been around for decades and nothing is done but one slap on the wrist a lifetime ago.

It's easy to engage in securities fraud with zero concequences if you just play the legal fiction that you are a 'whistleblower' and JUST HAPPEN to hold a short position. You can pump and dump if you JUST HAPPEN to have accidentally hit an extra zero on that buy order or you sincerely believe this stock is the next Amazon and told everyone you knew for days on end but oh, no, it was suddenly overvalued, so you sold.

They can't prove conspiracy without intent so unless you say 'Hey, Veeky Forums, let's all spam the internet to pump-and-dump XYZ on monday and sell teusday' then it's not anything they can charge you with.

fuck off SEC

Que paso perral, are you sad because you don't know more than your gringo language?

Who the fuck are you to tell me to learn youre shitty Americanized english,

If you were British thats another thing, but you copycats got the worse dialect of all, nigger.

Easy on that tequila, Paco.

First I'm Arab then I'm Mexican?

You make me laugh, fat boy

Go elect someone stupidier, merica

It's ok I'm going to fix it - a few weeks time I will have a market correcting bot for everyone.

I'm going to open source it so people can see accumulation periods / suspicious coins.
We can't go on together, with suspicious coins... (with suspicious coins)

>le Drumpf REEEE
>Mexican calling anyone fat

>Gringo calling everyone nigger, mexican, arab
>You are the problem in the world
>I hope your president engages war so there can be a bomb right were you live

Hey man - we should start a p+d whistleblowing discord and make mad gainz off the bad guys. And give some of our profits to charity.

I wonder would you be able to share the following with me:-
Your first and last name
Primary email and phone contact details
Roughly how many coin dumps you participate in per week
Invitation to your telegram / discord group

Don't be so mad. It's not the gringo's fault you are some kind of trash.

>And give some of our profits to charity

LE VIGILANTE ANONYMOOSE XD

>Does not have anything to say
>Your country laughs at yourself with programs like South Park... Clearly you are the white trash...
Go ingest some Arby's, fatty boi

Victims of pump related violence.
Basically we should just dump it all in dgb. Should solve most of the problems around here.

>fatty boi

>lol

>another wild paco appears

kek you guiz so funny

No yanqui goes to Mexico without knowing some Spanish. It's disrespectful to live in the USA without speaking some of the native language, hombre.

I know we are role-playing and all, but really, American English is the one true language, we speak it how it was spoken in 1776, it was fags in the UK that adopted an accent and fucked around with the spelling and pronunciation.

Case in point, Brits say aluminum 'Al-LOO-min-ee-uhm' which is stupid as a fuck because the guy who named the metal called it "Uh-LOO-min-num'.

Fucking UK faggotry just gets worse every day.

Will you two stop fighting we have some crime to fight on behalf of the sec
1) step one - get the whales to fox themselves (starting with whale user in this thread)
2) step two negotiate sweet gains with the SEC
3) step 3 pump digibyes with gains to help out the bagholders.

JUSTICE

Your country is the only country in WAR since they were created, what the fuck are you talking about? you have no culture, no music, nothing.

You love eating tacos, listening to rap music, yet you hate all these stereotypes. What the fuck are you proud of your shithole for?

Also i'm from Kuwait and the US history is nothing

It got 300 years in the whole world, you think thats significant? Please, you morons have the worse holidays and on top of that they make you believe ur shitty country is number 1.
You're all viewed internationally as scum.

Dox*

xDD brother

>hates USA
>USA cucked him anyway

>Also i'm from Kuwait and the US history is nothing

We should've just let Saddam fuck you in the ass.

The only ones who like USA are the brainwashed sheeps that live there. Go watch some TV fatty boy, I thought I was done with you.

lol

how many times was your American visa rejected m8?

you sound a tad angry

Who said anything about liking us

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a7zDebveHeM
Basically exactly this video explains everything

You should've, but because your big ass pointy noses can't stay away from other people's problem, you didn't, and its always going to be like that.

Attention whore USA reporting back to where nobody called us!!

Trying to fix shit while suppliying the terrorists with weapons wohoo!!

Fuckers your government is funding ISIS and bombing places so SHITTY Arabs can migrate to other countries planning a master 2017 invasion to EU countries for nothing else that evilness.

Come on guys get with the program...
This isn't pol we don't need a race war here, we are building a crime fighting team on biz. The SEC will reward us.
It's the only way to save crypto from the whales

America visa rejected? i got a scholarship to go study in your shithole m8

It was the easiest shit I have obtained in life

1 little bomb and most of your investment in war is gone, moron.

It's 2017, a bomb can destroy your whole shithole

>from kuwait, asshole of the middle east
>calling anything else a shithole
kek

>kek at this guy thinking "anything else" or "his point of view of the world" is USA.

Learn geography moron, America is a whole continent

You're aware that America saved your ass from the Iraqis, right?

im not even american you dumb goatfucker

americans should've let you get crushed by saddam

You are aware you don't know shit and they only tell you what they want you to know, like right now they tell you they are defending the world from ISIS while they are supporting them and fomenting war along the world, like they have always done.

dumb dumb

>like right now they tell you they are defending the world from ISIS while they are supporting them and fomenting war along the world, like they have always done.

No, I'm pretty sure that sandniggers like you can forment war and hatred all by yourselves.

American's should've done a lot of things... they don't. That's why they are viewed as the clowns and waste of LIFE by the WHOLE world.

Sorry to crush your dreams out, but as soon as you leave ur shithole you're viewed by everyone else as scum.

americans definitely should've let you get crushed by saddam, angry faggot

OK wait 20 more years for your dumb ass to know the actual truth, I hope you remember this because your dumb ass brainwashed self will start to feel sorry by then

The timing habits of your posts indicate you operate in the Western Hemisphere.

The timing habits of your mom indicates you are a fat bitch.

It's 6:30 PM here, why the FUCK couldn't I be posting you moronic beast.

>your dumb ass brainwashed self will start to feel sorry by then
don't kid yourself, nobody is going to feel sorry for a kuwaiti goatfucker

I suggest everyone on Veeky Forums who has lost money in a coin that was pumped and dumped (you can define that however you like) file a complaint. I'm sure they'd love to start 10 million new investigations. HEY SEC guys, work longer hours, you don't need sleep or time with your family. Now get to work, SEC! Protect us!!! Work through your lunch breaks! Work on weekends without pay! Just do it, faggots.

So last night you were posting at 3am?

You got a problem with my sleeping habits?

No, it's just that you've inadvertently left a few clues that you aren't posting from the Middle East.

What makes you think I would tell you trully where i'm from you stupid ass moron.

God you get worse every post. That leads you back to where you started.

Go lick your boss balls since you are the lowest scum sent to write bullshit into a Veeky Forums thread.

I would suggest asking for a raise since you're getting so roasted

American culture is WORLD culture, now. You're speaking our language, using our vernacular, using our internet and technology. What the fuck is Kuwaiti culture?

The US has done more in 300 years than the entire middle east has done in it's entire existence.

You are just butthurt because you are surrounded by garbo countries and your culture revolves around hiring Filipinos to pump oil in your country, buying expensive shit, beating your wife and children and fucking goats.

You don't even have any cool ruins in your country, Kuwait wasn't anything until they found oil there. it's like you are making fun of yourself with that post.