Tfw most of humanity's history is full of war, genocide, torture, slavery, rape, poverty...

>tfw most of humanity's history is full of war, genocide, torture, slavery, rape, poverty, starvation and diseases and we are just one of first generations to have it relatively better
>tfw our comfy and safe modern world is actually abnormality
>tfw civilisation can easily fall and we go back to middle ages or even prehistory

It actually scares me.

Don't fight it, nobody feels more alive than rapists and murderers

ahh, the innocence of youth

historians don't often write about peaceful periods
reporters don't report when the plane lands safety, they report plane crashes.

Petrol age collapse when?

Now, and it's going smoothly.

Greek city states were stable enough to host civilized, safe societies 2500 years ago. It's not that bad.

then they got invaded by barbarians from macedonia

Well, they got better. And then there was Rome.

Greek city states were involved in endemic warfare with each other. It's probably apophrical, but there's an attribution to Mardonius that

>Greeks only stop fighting each other to fight someone else together.
Which should give you an idea as to what city state Greece was like.

Don't forget the English and French, 100 years to the day they fought, why it took until 1848 for the population to recover

>tfw civilisation can easily fall and we go back to middle ages or even prehistory
UPBOATED

Most people in the past still lived fairly normal lives. As long as you got past childhood you'd most likely live to at least your 60s.

Psychopaths tend to feel emotions as being very shallow things, most of the time, actually. That is why they are driven to extremes to get that gratification.

That isn't to say rapists and murderers are necessarily psychopaths.

Why is Pepe in front of some rocks?

I'm scared that it won't.

Men are men, and acting like men is fine.

Men not waring, genociding, torturing, slaving, raping, and starving is like birds not chirping or mountains not mountaining. There are other funamentally human characterists that you might view more favorably, and we are missing these as well.

A sterile unnatural existence is what scares me.

Asking the real questions here

I can't comprehend nostalgia

I can't imagine living in a time when rampant casual violence by civilized people was ignored or applauded

You live in a fucking fantansie.

Nah we aren't going to hit peak until '50~'70, its still a ways off.

Many places in the world are having wars
Human traficking is quite high
Poverty is quite high in ratio with the world population

You only happen to live in a "comfy" place. Billions of people in Africa, Asia, etc are not that comfy

And even in 'comfy' places, you have tons of problems