Tell me about 1950s culture

Culture sure changed fast from the 40s to the 50s. I know the 60s are the decade people like to talk about evolving culture in America. But the 50s are also rather interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gj0Rz-uP4Mk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

50s were the golden era of america, the 60s are the beginning of the downfall.

Awww the 1950's.

A magical time when a man could work a regular job such as a butcher, or even a clerk or mechanic and provide for his family with a house, car and all the luxuries available.

When the Family life WAS America. Before women started working, when people knew their place. Before obesity, before the drug epidemics, before Social Justice Warriors decided that glomming on to any perverse fetish they could was righteous.

When people left their doors unlocked all the time and you knew your neighbors.

Back when this song was a moral step too far for some.

youtu.be/gj0Rz-uP4Mk

>tfw when find all the american decades culture fascinating and unique
>tfw when I also find them disgusting and decadent(even the 50 in it's most romanticised)
>tfw when ameriboo but hate americanism

Should have let the South win americucks.

America is still like that if you live in rural or suburban places.
>tfw there's always some big city faggot in these threads lambasting how America isn't as wholesome as it used to be because his metropolis is so shit

It was a good decade I guess but with how stifling and conformist culture was, I'm not suprised the '60's and the Summer of Love happened. Also a lot more poverty than today.

We couldn't do that. North America today would be a balkanized landmass of theocracies and petty dictatorships. Constant War would have swept the lands.

>>A magical time when a man could work a regular job such as a butcher, or even a clerk or mechanic and provide for his family with a house, car and all the luxuries available.
this
it was paradise for numales: they felt relevant since they got to satisfy women who did not demand so many orgasms and they felt relevant by ''contributing to society'' and felt like good guys for providing for ''muh family''. Greatest time ever to be full of spooks. All these numales now bitch that they are less needed and they are so pathetic that nobody wants to bring back their little paradise.

That's an awful lot of projecting.

This picture makes me wanna kill myself

Stop taking shit personal, they are just puppets of today's agenda and "culture".

Man, it's a funny show, too. Overworshipped, yes, but it's still good.

Thanks to the fandom I can never ever EVER fucking talk about it.

>awful
>>>reddit

>Doesn't know how to link other boards
>Tries calling anyone else reddit

You have to go back.

ruralfags are absolutely full of shit.
they evolved just like the rest of us, only instead of getting smug about cartoons and pop-science, they circlejerk over trucks and fake ass country music.

Sincerity is extinct. Purity is a myth.

>Before women started working

That's not wholly accurate. Working women gradually increased in numbers between mid-19th and mid-20th century America, including WWII.

To some extent, that is true.

For white America, the 50's really did have aspects of a golden age. Violent crime and economic were extremely low. The baby boom made family life THE center of culture.

However, there was a definite element of fear. In 1949, the Soviets successfully tested an atomic weapon, and Mao took over China. Hence everyone having bunkers in their backyard.

There are other aspects, but these are the ones that stick out to me.

bump

stop...

>you're brave and strong for getting off on being weak and humiliated

This is completely retarded.

>people posting on Veeky Forums longing for the prudishness of the 50s

This site has really gone downhill.

Well the world has gone pretty downhill. Being right-wing is literally counter-cultural now, which should make you question what the fuck has happened to culture.

>Implying your empty, boring, meth-ridden shithole has preserved anything from old america other than uninformed racism

Eat shit, flyover.

Don't forget the 'humble bragging' that some rurals like to do.

Young people these days are begging for purpose. The prudishness of the 60s gives them a moral code to dump all their dreams into and give their empty existences a smattering of meaning, at least amongst those who subscribe to the same code

It's literally a consequence of the logic of postmodernism.

If identity is completely arbitrary and can be constructed by the individual, expect some individuals to construct an identity analogous to the 1950s.

>sexualizing criminality
Can you blame them?