Just sent 2k worth of an ether altcoin to an ethereum exchange wallet

>just sent 2k worth of an ether altcoin to an ethereum exchange wallet

What's the best way to anhero

What was crossing thru your mind when you hit the confirm this transaction button?

I

HURT MYSELF TODAY

post proofs or gtfo I don't even want to fathom how it must feel to do something like that.

That's why you always send a small amount first and only send the rest after it arrives.

Exchange can still move them for ya. I did that once on bittrex. Took a few days but they straightened it out.

I've lost it all

MY LIFE SAVINGS GONEEEE

>2k is your life savings
you were never alive to begin with, meme larper

EVERYTHINGS GOING TO BE OK

Dude it'll return to your wallet don't worry

i would never wish these feels upon you user,

>THESE WOUNDS THEY CANNOT HEAL

Was it a ERC20 token? Contact the exchange first, they might be able to do something. BE NICE when contacting them

newfriend here, what did this user do that was so bad?

It's not gone forever, they just can't see it in their systems. Contact support and see if you can get it sorted out.

>life savings = 2k
Yeah you should an hero

Amongst the most popular ethereum smart contracts are tokens, usually adhering to a standard called ERC20. They just assign units of value to ethereum addresses. If you send a token to an address, whoever owns that address needs to know about it to go and check the ERC20 token contract and see they have a balance. The exchange gave him an ethereum address, but they have separate ones for tokens so they can automatically check for when tokens come in. He sent to the plain ether deposit address, so the exchange doesn't know he sent them tokens and won't credit his account. All he needs to do is get them to dig through their systems and retrieve the tokens from the wrong address.

good explanation thnks

new here also.

You cant trust some of these places. So, you should do a test transfer with a few first , and then send the bulk after you confirm it works.

THERES A CHANCE MY LIFE SAVINGS ARE OKAY??!?!???

Nothing to do with trust, OP fucked up. He might get it back but he still fucked OP himself.

Yes, the faster you contact them the better

I guess everything's gonna be okay.

Thanks /biz. I love you