mycryptobuddy.com/EthereumMiningCalculator
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

UBQ. It's quite profitable for me.

ETH @ 450MH/s with 4 rigs.
Two 4-card, one 5-card, one 6-card.
Total consumption 3000W.
AMA

How many coins do you produce?

At current difficulty it would be ~6 but realistically it would be between 4 and 5.

Ubiq and LBRY
One R9 380 and one GTX 1080

wait nvm the 6 already accounts for diff changes.

6 per day?

month

Thats what I was wondering

Sweet

How much did your total setup cost and what are your energy costs per month?

What pebble crypto app is that OP?

Just started today with a pair of 1080s

Why the fuck is your consumption through the roof?

My 200MH/s rig doesn't even hit 1000W for all 8 cards.

I made it. I have one that just does crypto prices as well.

£4000 and something like 17p per KWH. It was a bad idea.

My cards are RX 480 8GB and my PSUs are silver efficiency. The cards were sold to me as manufacturer refurb but I think they're all thrashed ex-mining cards, I can't get them to run at stock speeds without openCL crashes. Still getting 26-27MH/s each though with the memory at 1800-1900Mhz.

ZEC. How often are wallet payouts on suprnova?

I can't see why this is a bad idea, really

Serious question bros:

What can I mine with a Macbook Pro CPU that's an 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5? I heard of a crypto that has something to do with "social mining" or whatever where you rate content and mine that way - any alternative mining methods that doesn't require high specs like this I can use to make a little profit until I can afford a $50 or less ASIC miner? Pls no bully, very new and need help

you'd make more money selling lemonade.

Boy are you lost. There's nothing you can mine with that piece of garbage.

Are you talking about SteemIt? You don't "social mine", you just get paid to create content. That has nothing to do with mining.

$50 ASIC miner? Are you retarded? Do you think a miner is just free money? How do you think economies work? You will be lucky to break even in 99% of cases because the price of miners and the currency adjusts based on how fast the race to the bottom is.

Fucking retard.

XMR

Your MacBook should yield $5 / month if mining 24/7

4chn

ETH price stagnated.
Difficulty doubling or more per month.
Already 20% of my profit goes to power costs.
The cards are un-sellable if they dont run at stock speeds.
Polaris DAG file size issue will lose me 30% of my hashrate over the next 100 days.

THIS

>XMR
that would melt the macbooks internal so it wouldn't net you anything.

waste of hashing power.

Are you at least going to come close to ROI? I'm running 7x 1060 and 1x 1070. DAG doesn't affect me, and I can run perfectly at 85% power limit. When AMD cards drop off difficulty should stagnate and I might even make a little more for some time.

My outlook is pretty good but I'm still not going to break even (after power costs I'm gonna be out nearly a grand). At least I can sell the cards, your shit sounds totally fucked bro.

Let them mine the meme coin. That means less retards on ETH.

yeah, too many retards on it already

I need to sell the cards before ETH mining dies for good, and upgrade to NVidia.

I can sell them as BIOS-modded miner cards but they're utterly fucked if I have to sell them with stock BIOS, I'll just get defect returns out the ass.

Craigslist my dude.

>pls no bully

Or Gumtree as it were.

Unfortunately I live in northeast scotland and buyers are scarce.

Why would they be fucked if you swapped the stock bios on them?

cause the stock bios works on a normal card, a card that has been working 24/7 is too damaged to use the same speeds as stock cards, probably he has them at 80% at most

well that's gay. How long do you think it would take to wear one down like that? I was just assuming I could slap my bios back in the card and get back to gaymin sooner or later.

So if I understand correctly, upgrading to Nvidia will keep anyone mining ETH to keep making profit? Is it because of the switch to PoS?

What kind of Nvidia card are you gonna get?

I didn't mine much, but when I did, they ended up needing to be clocked at about 70%, but no less than that.
At that rate they can run really cool, many cards could probably run at like 50% without needing a fan

have you always been gay?

I can't understand you guys saying 70%, 70% of what ? mhz ? power clock ? which item on my MSI ? thanks!

that's a load of shit. even that autist linus did a test for gpu degradation and it was minimal/nothing

Is there anything worth CPU mining? I have access to a couple dozen VPSs that are just sitting there idle most of the time. Would be cool if they could at least pay for themselves.

Doubt they could pay for themselves, but my 6700K makes like 50 cents a day (running 24 hours).

I always run my shit stock and never overclock when gaming so i don't think it will matter.
i could believe this up to a point, people running them hot for a really long time would probably have them fucked up in 1 way or another desu.

no not really

Maybe at stock, but my dekstop's 1070 GTX is definitely fucked from having it OC'd for over a month now.

Am i the only one mining DGB?

Currently doing just over 300MH on ETH with a collection of 280's and 290's. Cookin' up with close to 4000w.

Earn around am ETH a week... when the heat don't stop me.

Fucking hell lad you need to switch supplier that is really high. You can easily get 14p and maybe even as low as 11p.

if you can answer any of these basic-bitch questions I'd greatly appreciate it

How much income can I roughly generate if I input $10k into a mining rig?
Is there a maximum price for electricity that prevents mining from being profitable?
What's a cheap way of testing the waters to work out if mining is something I'd like to do?

self bump

Too many variables. I'm not gonna build a shopping list for you or lookup your average electricity cost.

Once you've sorted yourself out a bit, try mycryptobuddy.com/EthereumMiningCalculator which estimates difficulty increases.

Do you niggas undervolt all of your cards?

well shit, this looks dissapointing

What do you guys think of Hush?

zcoin my friend
slowly but surely

on a 980ti
can't wait for a few extra dollars this month

That watch is autistic as fuck.

cool thanks

yes this is how you save on electricity costs faggot, if you're not then you need to sell your shit and kys

Gold

what's the roi?
doesn't that mean that you get less than 1 card's price back in a month? and they also amortize?

so over 15 months of mining to earn back price of GPUs alone ignoring electricity prices?

so much fud

No, I am to. What are you using?
I'm actually trying to figure out if mines good. Im using skein block factory, using a 980, around 250 MH/s. Getting around 100 a day. Is this normal?

I'm mining DMD and DGB, sorta rotating between the two depending on what's more profitable or not to mine at this very moment.

I TOTALLLLLY cashed in on that DMD PnD couple days back. Thanks, whoever pumped it up!

What pebble app is that??!

I made it (op)

Got the source on ghub?

No but I can post it when I get home

Thanks mate

Gonna be an hour don't let the thread die lol.

just buy as many bitbeans as you can and stake them

post cmd window, retard

Still around?

Eth algorithm on nicehash
Undervolted 1070s pulling around 90w each according to equihash. Wall meter is coming Tuesday.
Just finished assembling the thing a few hours ago, most parts second hand. Old mobo I used. 150 cad g2 1300w evga (missing some cables) haslel anniversary pentium for 50, 3 reference 1070s for 500 each, evga superclocked for 540 and evga ftw edition for 520
Only 4 mining though, hoping to get to 7 in the future
FTW card is currently afk as this psu doesn't have 2x 6+2 pin
Is cable mod my best bet for buying psu cables? I don't give a shit how they look

Mine Cryptonight on Nicehash, or mine Monero on a pool that's not Minergate

how to undervolt a 1070?

where do i download genoil's ethminer?

ETH at 600 m/h
ZEC at 1400 sols
Siacoin at 14,500 m/h

when POS happens mining for ethereum is over. Nvidia cards are better for mining other algos, that why he wants to make the switch.

Welp I've mined probably a collective total of 12 hours and still don't have the first transaction to my wallet. I should stop, yeah?

It'll take more than a day m808, also 1 ZEC is fucking $300

Well okay so this is normal then? I reckon I shall stick with it. Thanks for clarifying.

'undervol'
Reduce power slider
I'm at 60%

You can make the payout limit lower.

I suspect NVidia's Volta cards will be amazing for mining. Since Vega is a flop (as I knew it would be - HBM was already proved to be bad on the R9 Fury) they are the next obvious upgrade.

I wonder if anyone has tried playing around with the timing straps on GDDR5X cards yet, maybe something similar to the huge increases you can get on AMD cards could be achieved.

I'm now getting 480MH/s for 3000W from my 19 RX480 across 4 rigs after some more BIOS tweaking. I'm using Linux and I'm wondering if I need to be using AMDGPU-PRO drivers rather than the open source drivers. Does it make a difference to anything?

I dont pay for electricity, Im renting but dont pay utilities, what should I mine

Deez nuts

Miners of Veeky Forums
How safe is it to use a single dual 6+2 pin connector to supply two 8 pin 1070s?
So one cable from psu to power two 1070s
They'd be running only at 60-65% power limit
I got an evga g2 1300w and my mobo supports 7 gpus which I'd eventually like to get up to as I'm currently running 4 gpus
I only have 5 pcie connectors as the seller didn't have all cables (one 8+6 pin and four 8 pins)
I'm planning to order from cablemod if this is viable

Entirely safe. I power my RX 480s off a single fucking SATA power with an adapter.

At that power limit you can get away with it.

Just be careful and make sure the wires aren't getting too hot. Some PSU's are worse than others at this, but you're using the same model I am and you should be fine.

Thanks fellas I'll order now then

Now THAT is a fucking stupid idea. Undervolted? How many cards?

Does anyone here own a Pebble and is interested in me releasing the app shown in the OP? Got like 3 questions about it. It's currently hardcoded for my nanopool account but I could make it configurable if people give a shit.

I'm assuming he just means the powered risers?
Which I've also heard it's a bad idea but who knows

I would like to check out that pebble app as well. Looks great. Thanks OP

They are undervolted.
It's one SATA per card, by the way, not all the cards off one SATA. And no more than one card per "chain", it's something like 1 card and 2 risers per chain.

Eth, 220 mH/s, 1 rig

Can someone tell me how to mine?
I have a GTX 1050ti that i upgraded from and cant find anyone who wants to buy it, so should i use it to mine?

That's really low-end. You can mine somewhat with 10 of these (not really worth it, just saying). Don't bother otherwise unless you enjoy the process.

I have 5 * 1070s and I can just barely get 3 ETH per month.

After some googling, the max hashrate of an OC-ed 1050ti is ~14 mH/s

To put that into perspective, I'm getting 32-33 per card, and just barely earning anything worth mentioning.