How come they never really develop it?

this is pathetic.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borobudur_ship
quora.com/What-are-examples-of-south-east-Asian-armors
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bad weather.

>Nias

Everything outside of Java had always been pretty slow. But again, it's mostly tropic weather + not much war. Indonesians are more like farmers

It's hotter than satan's nutsack and 10x as humid

Define southeast asia

That one particular pic was unique to one island in indonesia,the nias people were pirates and jungle cannibal so i assume they would wear something light. also that armor was kind of like brigandine with metal inside of it.

What's the heaviest armor south east asia has?let's exclude the mainland such as vietnam.

Precolonial/Early Colonial Filipinos buying chainmail off Chinese and Mughals and looting Spanish conquistador corpses probably.

They did not made it themselves? they were probably capable of it,right?

for the most part insular sea people wore light armor or not at all wich was logical considering the place has shitton of jungle and is on the tropic. it wasnt until the spread of islam people started to make mirror plate armor like i think.

Nope. The most sophisticated Precolonial Flips can do are tiny city states or confederacies of settled, agrarian tribes. No true empires among them they're practically wild.

They did make their weapons though. But why bother with armor when you can trade a mail shirt for like one whole shell of a sea turtle.

To be fair the practice of buying foreign armor is done in all of Insular SEA.

What do you mean by this ? That we're inferior people ?

Pare, Im a flip too. I was just wondering why we didnt just made it ourselves.

Depends. Sometimes war is either ritualistic or done by certain groups and castes. In Europe war was more pragmatic.

Yeah, war in SEA were more like raids,right?

this

if you looked at their weapon their metallurgy is pretty advanced. they simply didnt need metal armor in humid tropical jungle

>"Pamor" refers to a pattern in the blade made by means of forging together various metals, typically layered billets of steel and nickel alloys (see pattern-welding). Many Javanese pamor motifs are found, each with its own meaning, magic and value.

>Unlike Damascus (or “Damast”), which arises through a chemical process in the melting-pots (rare metals such as vanadium and molybdenum cause the damast), pamor arises from the technique of forging and welding. Like damast, pamor patterns are a consequence of the fact that the blade is not made from a homogenous piece of metal - it is made from alternating layers of different irons. For example, normal iron and iron containing nickel (the highest value pamor arises from the use of meteoric iron, and is very rare). Irons contain high and low phosphorus also yield pamor. Iron with a high phosphorus content is quite pale and sometimes referred to as "white iron". Different eras (see Keris Tangguh) had a standard different number of layers of pamor.

>The “Empu”, a term of respect for keris smiths, is able to influence the pattern of the pamor by twisting, bending, turning and eventually drilling into the iron bar. Each step is followed by welding. The decorative shape is brought out by filing and grinding, and a wash in a solution of arsenic and lime juice brings out the final pamor pattern on the blade. The precise mixture of materials is said to have an effect on the energy of the final blade: iron and nickel will be different from iron, titanium and nickel. A well-ranged composition of the materials is said to automatically gather energy from nature.

Considering war among SEAsians are fucking coastal raids, ambushes, naval battles, skirmishes and brawls in the jungle with almost 0 pitched battles, I don't think they get very ceremonial over there.

Factor in gunpowder weapons.

What did SEA ships looked like?

Because SEA Islanders are nigger barbarians, mainlanders wear proper armor

earliest depiction of a SEA vessel around 8th century

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borobudur_ship

>imported armor

L O L

You do.

Especially if you wanna avoid the *getting shanked in the guts* part.

Based on the shit recovered by Americans from the last holdouts of precolonial Southeast Asian culture: the Moros- Islandniggers who couldnt afford to buy metal armor resorted to using hides like that of water buffalos instead. But generally shields did most of the job protecting any warrior.

>Mainland Seasia.
It's either Indian armor or Chinese armor for you cunts, all the fucking same.

The simplest reason is that there was no need. The datuships are small and the land and seas were still open. Rivalries were limited to raids or, like in lam-ang, challenges. There wasn't an arms race until the more powerful muslims came. Shields, spears, arrows, and swords - the most traditional FMA - was enough. Then there's the weather. Wearing pants to work is already a fucking chore, wearing armor? A fucking gambeson? I'll just have a shield thanks, and maybe helmet. Hmmm there really should be a helmet

>He thinks everything that isn't nigger shit in SEA is imported
>He thinks its better to run around naked than being similar to India and China
No wonder you're stuck being jungle nigger

>shitty movie fantasy armor tier

pic related is more accurate showing thai ""armor"" at the time

I like them hats

This guy get it.

Being this butthurt you find shitty LARP image to justify your inferiority
Sad

This answer in Quora might have more information on SEA armor

quora.com/What-are-examples-of-south-east-Asian-armors

There is also the Karakoa

forgot pic

Look like this I guess

wow I didn't know this exist.

That headwear seems really impractical

>never really develop it

They worked with the materials that they had. When Europeans showed up, some tribes were so happy to have something new come along. A simple hatchet could give the best warrior the edge over three opponents. One tribe literally hijacked a European ship not to kill other Euros but to conquer the neighbors.