Can someone redpill me on the august 1st thing?

can someone redpill me on the august 1st thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@jimmysong/segwit2x-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-2mb-hard-fork-27749e1544ce
bitsonline.com/craig-wright-threatens-bitcoin/
youtube.com/watch?v=fNk7nYxTOyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

(((core))) vs chinks unlimited. both have their own motives - $$$$$$$$

>Can someone spoon feed me?

Do you own research like every other fag on this board, holy shit

that's not what redpill me means

Pretty much this

Bitcoin scaling debate. Will the consensus be soft fork on the same chain or a hard fork to new chain? A hard fork would be how etc came from eth. ETC is the original ethereum blockchain, ETH is the chain that came from the hard fork and restored most of the stolen DAO funds. As you can see a hard fork doesn't necessarily mean something bad will happen. At the moment miners have an over 80% consensus for Segwit2x which isn't the same as the Segwit proposal. Segwit2x would actually require a hard fork and it's currently looks like that will happen. Hard to know though.

both likely sceanrios are soft forks, one is just miner activated and the other is user activated

Roger "Soros" Ver + Jihad Wu + PsyOPS Craig Wright + CIA agent Gavin Andresen want to raise the blocksize so people can't run full nodes.

this

looks like we're experiencing the /biz intelligence crash of 2017

how much will the costs increase?

Core is completely open source, not some jewish conspiracy, you pol retards. If you were smart you could contribute to core today, but of course that thought is just silly.

There will be no hardfork. As you should know, if a hardfork happens, people get the same amount of coins on both chains. No bitcoin OG whale supports a hardfork. Mircea Popescu alone is powerful enough to crush any attempts of a hardfork by dumping 1 billion dollars worth of BTC on the forked chain. Roger and co will soon go bankrupt if they are stupid enough to hardfork.

This discussion goes since 2014. Core had traken over bitcoin refence client, main core devs are paid by AXA. They refuse to increase the blocksize, instead a segwit is pushed by them. Etc.

>Jihad Wu

In your opinion, who's a bigger scammer mongrel degen, Puterin or Jihad?

Can we draw parallels between those two idiots as "Jobs vs Gates" aka leeching unoriginal sociopath faggots who were allowed to get away with stealing other peoples smarts and efforts?

Segwit2x is actually a different third proposal that would, it would require a hard fork from my understanding and postpone the August 1st date to November 18th if everything goes as scheduled.

medium.com/@jimmysong/segwit2x-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-2mb-hard-fork-27749e1544ce

They will start with 2MB, then they will quickly go to 8, which is pretty much game over already for regular people to run nodes. They want to take away the power of running full nodes.

bitsonline.com/craig-wright-threatens-bitcoin/

Do some research on Craig Wright. You are witnessing pure cold war for the control of the future global money supply.

a hardfork is nothing terrible if planned carefully. See monero.

>regular people to run nodes

Please explain what does "regular people running nodes" mean, in practical terms.

>Core is completely open source, not some jewish conspiracy,
>main core devs are paid by AXA. They refuse to increase the blocksize, instead a segwit is pushed by them

How do I ensure I get both coins if it happens? Which wallet specifically do I need?

"Core" is a decentralized group of people. "Core" can't increase the blocksize you dumb cuck, this is not central banking. A hardfork requires 100% consensus or else is trash.
Go back to /r/btc.

The question at hand was asking about August 1st. Both bip 148 and segwit2x will cause a soft fork around August 1st to activate segwit. Segwit2x locks in a hard fork in November as well, but there is plenty of time between august and November to amend that plan (another UASF, for example). We can safely say right now we are getting a SF ~Aug. 1st (UA or MA, not sure, but likely MA) and then we will have a blocksize debate after that occurs

Look I follow MP and read Trilemma daily. I agree he could probably crush the hard fork attempts. But Segwit2x as I understand it will require a hard fork. medium.com/@jimmysong/segwit2x-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-2mb-hard-fork-27749e1544ce

How much more will it cost?

>"Core" is a decentralized group of people. "Core" can't increase the blocksize you dumb cuck, this is not central banking. A hardfork requires 100% consensus or else is trash.
>Go back to /r/btc.

acid much? Junkie

>monero
Nobody gives a shit about altcoins. Let's see how well monero hardforks once it's as relevant as BTC.

Look at the ETH/ETC clusterfuck for reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=fNk7nYxTOyQ

t. doesn't know what it means

>Let's see how well monero hardforks once it's as relevant as BTC
btc could had a HF back in 2015, yet it was delayed by core.
I have no idea why miners are sleeping. They equipment will be useless once majority of transactions is offchain.

Let's see if miners still want to mine on a chain that has a collapsing price.

Lightning Network transactions need to be mined too dummy.

Also research shown that 2MB wasn't safe, simple as that. After segwit it wasn't needed.

A see a proper HF in the future that contains more stuff than just 1MB increase.

I'm right there with you.

so if they make a bitcoin plus and bitcoin classic which ones the better investment?

Enough of this nerd talk.
what should I buy/hold?

Noob here. How can I take advantage of August 1st events?

buy high sell low

Litecoin

Ive been saying this for a long time. LTC is way undervalued and has its shit together

Btc if it forks, so you double your money

when BTC forks and segwit happens, won't LTC die?