Religion

What religion do you guys follow?
Are you by the book or do you just follow some practices/beliefs?
Were you raised on that religion or did you convert?
>Buddhism
>follow some beliefs and practices but not vegetarian and I'm bad at not being a dick to people
>converted

>What religion do you guys follow?

NONE, BUT I ADHERE TO A SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE: GNOSTIC CHRISTIANITY.

>Are you by the book[,] or do you just follow some practices/beliefs?

I BELIEVE, AM FAITHFUL, AND KNOW.

THE ONLY RITUAL THAT I FOLLOW IS PRAYER BEFORE SLEEPING, AND PRAYER AFTER WAKING.

>Were you raised on that [SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE][,] or did you convert?

I CONVERTED.

Lutheranian Christianity

>Are you by the book or do you just follow some practices/beliefs?

I try to follow the "christian values", but i personally think that taking the bible literally as in thinking that all that is written in it actually happened usually only leads to being a very close minded person

>Were you raised on that religion or did you convert?

My parents are both pastors (inb4 catholics get mad at a woman pastor) so i was raised as a christian, but i was always tought to respect the different religious beliefs.

LUTHERANISM IS A FORM OF JUDEOCHRISTIANITY, NOT OF CHRISTIANITY.

>
>LUTHERANISM IS A FORM OF JUDEOCHRISTIANITY, NOT OF CHRISTIANITY.

>"I HATE (((JEWS)))"
>follows an abrahamic religion based on judaism

What did you mean by this?

1. CHRISTIANITY IS NOT BASED ON JUDAISM; IT ACTUALLY IS ANTITHETICAL TO JUDAISM.

2. CHRISTIANITY IS NOT ABRAHAMIC, BUT GNOSTIC; IT IS JUDEOCHRISTIANITY THAT IS ABRAHAMIC.

None. It's not apparent to me that I ought to follow any religion. I'm not convinced that there is any kind of god or spiritual world and if I were to assume there were, I don't know where I'd begin to know anything in particular about its nature.

>Are you by the book or do you just follow some practices/beliefs?
I guess for me there isn't really a book to follow

>Were you raised on that religion or did you convert?
I was raised a Catholic

>inb4 catholics get mad at a woman pastor
Oh, before I read that I was imagining that they were gay.

None.

I practice a wide variety of beliefs.

I wasn't raised as anything. My mother was a cultural Catholic and my father was a non practicing Buddhist. I was told I could choose between the two without any there being any influence from my parents.

I have an altar and little rituals that I do in my life.

So, if i'm interpreting your statements right, you don't believe in what is written in the old testament? Because that part of the bible originated from the jews.

I'm an agnostic atheist.
I don't follow any practices or beliefs.
I wasn't raised in any faith but my parents are cultural Eastern Orthodox. They follow some rituals occasionally and go to church once a year but they don't take it too seriously.

Raised Evangi Proddy, spent nearly a decade as an agnostic atheist and then realized that I felt better as a liberal Christian.

I'd like to join an apostolic church but I don't think my views on scripture would be very warmly received.

agnostic

My parents are Baptists. Started to doubt when I read about biblical scholarship, Christianity's history and the whole evolution thing

>No religion, atheist.
>N/A
>raised Lutheran

>Lutheran
>Doesn't follow sola fide
KEK

Evolution doesn't happen.
Biblical scholarship is a literal conspiracy. It's a bunch of sophistic deists reading into the Bible (and other texts/evidences) and trying to find whatever they can in order to 'debunk' Christianity, while imposing their own cold god

Lutheran but basically only go to church for special occasions

>still falling for the "be a christian or burn in hell" meme

How does it feel to live in fear of god, rather than simply praising him for his love of all of mankind?

>Sikh
>Barely practice anything, cut my hair and last time I went to my local gurdwara was November. Feel kinda shit since there was a Vaisakhi(More or less harvest) festival yesterday and I didn't go.
>Born into it, my parents' lenient views on religion likely influenced my own

At this point it's pretty much just a cultural identity rather than a religion. In the end I figure that if there is a God that will judge me somehow, my general attempts at not being a dick should be enough.

>muh conspiracy theory
>on a board dedicated to history

>read Huang-Po
>do away with intellectual and conceptual proliferation
>no need to read all kinds of shit

Feels good man.

Try Anglicanism, we're basically a bunch of agnostics who get together for crackers and wine once a week

why are you shouting, ffs

>le humanist meme
Eat shit. Humanity only has value and meaning because God loves them, not the contrary.
dude nothing is being hidden lmao
dude people dont inject agendas into everything lmao

That is like flat earther logic

muh empty wrinkle evvy dense

Your reason for rejecting academia is like a flat earther rejecting gravity or statements of a round spherical earth

>these things exist because my constructed rules say they do and require that they do
Hypocrite!

You are the hypocrite. More or less the same thing enabled advancements in technology and science. Yet you disagree with it merely because they contradict your view and yet hypocritically use them

I never said that god only has meaning because of humankind loving him.
Question: what is wrong with accepting other people's beliefs?

>science and technology are good
>use makes one a hypocrite
upset lasty
>what is wrong with being submissive to those not worthy of any submission

Absolutely heretical

And yet scholarship is bad

Cherry pick much

>cherry picking is bad because it upsets me and my systematic ideology

Acceptance is not submission. It is simply meeting each other with respect and dignity.

That is submission.

How is being kind to others and accepting differences inherently submissive?

>submission is kindness
You are sick with ideology.

Also, what is so wrong about being humble, which is arguably one of the core teachings of christianity?

Because you're acting like a beta cuck, when you should've breed him with your cock of breeding like a true alpha, you cuck.

>religion
Eastern orthodox christianity
>by the book
Mostly, a bit skeptic about the old testament
>born or converted
Born

Hey /pol/

You're confusing submission with humbleness. Good job, dope.

First of, you seem disproportionately angry.
Second, sweet triple-7s.
Third, Would you say that humility is something bad? I praise the lord, knowing that he loves me, but i wouldn't really go out of my trying to force my beliefs down other people's throat's, knowing that he loves all of mankind regardless of their beliefs.

Jesus hates cucks.

Isn't that what protestants do?

>
>Because you're acting like a beta cuck, when you should've breed him with your cock of breeding like a true alpha, you cuck.

I'm sorry for even challenging your obviously superior theological rethoric, oh greatest of all anons. Next time, i'll just be
>submissive

>he can't read
I'm not a protestant.

>an informal poll
>47 posts and 18 posters
Disgusting.

Muslim
By the book
converted