Personal financial question

So /biz I've been dating this qt gf for 2 years now, I'm 20 and she's 26 and it's just starting to feel like now is the time to start getting serious. I don't know where else to ask these questions, my father died not too long ago and I can only think to ask you autists about this.

I have quite a bit in savings and dinosaur stocks that I want to buy property with and feel I have 2 choices to make:

>Settle down and marry gf once I buy property and start a family
or
>Break up with qt, buy property and have the next 10 years to amass more wealth and attract another qt.

I just feel almost like stuck? I love my gf but I don't want my future wife having kids much passed her thirties but I want more life experience and wealth before I start my family.

I guess I'm just worried about the risk calculation because she wouldn't be contributing to my purchase but can basically take it all away from me if things fall through. I'm hoping someone can weigh in with their own advice and life experience.

Why buy? Do you have a job in the area and are sure to not move?

Also, prenup.

Oh, for advice/life experience.

Am married with prenup.
>trying for kids soon
Averse to home ownership for the sake of career advancement (want to be able to move cities easily)

> I'm 20 and she's 26

you started dating her when you were 18. When you're her age your entire perspective on life will change.

This relationship will not last, sorry OP. imho you're missing out on the most stress free time of your life atm

Don't waste your twenties user. Break up, live a little, and think about these questions again in 8-10 years.

Never date more than 3-4 years apart from your age.

Wasted 10 years years with a girl 7 years older than me. user, don't do it. You're still a child, you will only be your real self around 25, maybe later...

Eventually your age difference will be a major factor. She'll want kids and you'll be 24 or something.. better just end it right now user. You have a decade to find yourself and a girl you want to spend your life with. Sorry if it sounds harsh.

Vancouver is fucked! I pay almost 1500 a month for a hole in the wall because of the millionaire foreign buyers. I have remote work so it doesn't matter where I am and I've always had this wet dream to buy my own property in the interior before the market is saturated by more foreign buyers.
Prenup has definitely crossed my mind, I think she'd be ok with it too. The thing holding me back is that I care about this girl and don't want to rip her from her family and hometown while she knows she's fucked if things don't work out with me. (She's a shy girl, this would be a big risk for her to leave with me).

Yup I hear you boys however through my teenage years I had many run ins with drug addiction and tragedy so I guess I can say I feel like I've had enough of my party years and don't enjoy it like I used to. I don't seem to be the care free young adult my peers are and most of my friends are >25. It's not like I'm gonna leave her and want to find a bunch of pussy at a club or something.

Doesn't sound harsh this is what I need to hear. Could you tell me more about your experience and how that ended?

Dump her. If you have to ask this question you clearly don't have deep feelings for her. You will end up regretting the marriage and thinking about how rich you could have been. She will realize you're greedy (not that there's anything wrong with that) and will become less affectionate over time.

I can't say it was all negative. I loved her a lot and most of it was nice time. But eventually you (or her) hit a point where your lives don't match... you're 25 and her friends are in their mid thirties. You want to travel and she wants to buy a house (years of sacrifice) or have children. You hit your prime and she's a sagging couch potato. I won't go throuhg details. But I met my gf at 21 (she was 27) and in all honesty, from the starting point I had doubts that it could really work, and those doubts became lack of commitment, which became a fragile couple and then i got scared and it all broke apart.

I.ve dated a girl 6 years younger than I am for the pas 4 years and it just ended... she got scared and it all broke apart.

It works for some people, but not for most.

This is a good point but I do have deep feelings for her. I would just like to consider this from an emotionless viewpoint to see if I'm fucking myself or not. You know like how every virgin thinks he'll be with the same girl forever then she cheats on him or something and his whole world is turned upside down and realizes "how could I have thought those things in that situation" "I was so naive" blah blah blah.

I recognize I'm young and have a lot more life learning to do so I want to make sure I'm not putting myself in a situation I won't want to be in later by asking people who've already been through this.

I really appreciate the advice man. When do you feel you've hit your "prime" as a man. I've always thought it was now as a young adult but I have much more to think about now in terms of financial and maturity primes.

im in the same situation. level with her and tell her your goals and explain that finance is important. she might choose to stay man

Dont listen to the FUD in this thread OP. You've got 2 strong years of background with this girl, so you know she's not with you for your money. If you dump this girl and make more money, you will never be able to trust any other girl that much, because they could be gold diggers (even if they dont realize it)

if you love her, dont wait. 10 years is a big chunk of your life to delay your dreams, and by the time you get around to starting a family again with some other girl, you could be bitter and jaded. Besides theres no rule that says you cant get rich and married simultaneously. Dont mess this one up.

I can't give you any advice without seeing your gf.

Thanks user. Glad to hear both sides of this. Gave me lots to think about.

Ok lemme just post her nudes.

dont do what i did.
For the love of god break up and fuck around or you will hit 30 and want to kys after pounding no fresh pussy.

When I was you age i though i wanted normal sex, now im 30 i love me some god damn dom sub action and the wife is not into it at all, so do i break up or live misrable with her and my kid?

are you white?

early thirys
>high earning potential
>know what you want in live
>know where you are going
>probably have at least some success.

he has stocks and money, the fuck do you think?

stupid questions exist user

Ouch man. Wish I could weigh in on that one for you. Do you feel to guilty to cheat? I think I would.

As printer paper.
Fuckin lol.

I was trying to ruin your life btw, but youre not a faggot, so my real advice is that you should dump her.

yeah you do (ive done for a bit by txt) but man, your a man, you need it.

It's not about the money. It about a 20 years old kid high on oxytocin. You wouldn't ask a 5 year old who just ate a chocolate cake how he should live the rest of his life.

I'm sure the feelings are genuine and that OP can make money while with an older girl. I'm really concerned about OP's outlook on life 4 or 5 years from now. Things change a lot. 5 years ago, OP was grounded because he was 20 minutes late... 5 years from now, he'll be a very different person.

Good luck finding a gf with a 3 years old kid.

>He fell for the prenup meme.

Let me know how that goes. Only women benefit from it.

>i love my gf
>one of my options is breaking up for monetary reasons and finding another gf

white people general

Ouch well I guess not one user for the stay with her route. I will definitely have to wait out having kids as long as possible then.

Clearly you're a teenage autist who hasn't witnessed a dude lose EVERYTHING because he thought he loved some woman.

why can't you buy property and amass more wealth with the qt by your side?

>happy relationship
>thinking of ending it because she's too old even though women can have healthy babies in their 40s (my sister was born and is healthy as fuck when my mom was 46)
>gf attractive

If I were her I'd dump you. I was dating this guy for 7 years and he did not appreciate me. I had men literally waiting for us to permanently break up- which is part of the reason it took so long. I had low self esteem and he was jealous of all the males who wanted to be in a relationship with me that were in the friend zone. Finally he dumped me for this 29 year old virgin, and a month later I met the man of my dreams (not one of the beta orbiters) who is the perfect husband and we bought a house together, now I'm into crypto. I wasn't even looking for a relationship I just met him through a friend and we clicked. We've been married 2 1/2 years happily.

Ex is engaged to the girl but they are extremely unhappy.

Unless she's batshit crazy, an attractive woman at age 26 will be snapped up by another man before you even have the chance to reconsider, which you will. My husbands unmarried friends (ages 28-32) are all desperate to settle down but can only find women who are single moms, divorcees, stuck on their ex boyfriends, uneducated, ugly, and they are all otherwise attractive men and not just physically- they have a lot going for them including wealth- but all the desireable women are taken by 26, 27 and none of them want to date the wild party chicks like my 21 year old sister or the women my age if they have baggage, which if they're single they prob do. Luckily you're young enough that you can meet other women but don't expect a mature one. All the girls your age are crazy as fuck, get into all sorts of trouble and will cause you all sorts of problems. By the time you accumulate wealth the women available to you that you will consider desirable will have been snapped up.

Leave her and you'll regret it the rest of your life. I promise.

I guess this would work if I put off having kids as long as I can but again not sure if I want her bearing children into her thirties. Optimal age is 27.

Thankyou so much user. I really appreciate your advice. You've given me a lot to think about.

>in a relationship
>"She's shy, so she can't be with me"
Is she your girlfriend, or is she your dependant?

You are welcome. I wish you the best whatever you decide to do.

or maybe you kept those men in your orbit because you like the attention and having other men lined up

>Men "desperate to settle down" at ages 28-32
On what fucking planet? This is some high level delusion or you only know beta losers.

Absolutely ignore everything any woman tries to tell you about this subject. I'm 32 and am absolutely fine with not being married at my age. Unless you are hell bent on having kids, getting married at your age is a horrible idea, especially to a woman that much older than you. Get redpilled ASAP.

lmao at all these strangers telling you to dump your gf
think of what it is you visualize as the ideal life and work towards it.

yeah you need to ignore her man, like im not trolling

OP wouldn't be posting this if this was his ideal life. He's just looking for confirmation that "yes, it is weird" to settle down at age 20 with a chick that's 26.

>while she knows she's fucked if things don't work out with me.
You can make a custom prenup, that details things like "If spouse is a stay-at-home mom, the sum of $xx,xxx is hers upon divorce" to offset the opportunity cost.

Mine is a standard prenup because we both are working, but it doesn't have to be.

You can also put fun things in your prenup like "If infidelity can be proven on time of divorce, the adulterous party owes the other spouse $xx,xxx."

Because I make 6x of my spouse, what I do is pay for all living expenses and have my spouse contribute all their money to their personal retirement account. This way I offset their opportunity cost and I can't screw them over, because with the prenup I can't touch their retirement savings (my own savings are safe too of course)

In short, craft your prenup so it's fair for everyone. Which is actually the point of prenups...

>Break up with qt, buy property and have the next 10 years to amass more wealth and attract another qt.

Do this and you'll attract an even better looking babe which will do everything you want, because you have the money.

Reminder: Getting married and having kids costs the average college educated male an inflation adjusted amount of ~4.9M.

Annual stock market returns are just above 7% after inflation. Assuming you earn about 6% after taxes & using tax shelters available to you, and save 30K a year instead of wasting that money on a woman and kids, that's +4.9M net worth after working for 40 years (age 27 to 67).

Don't fall for the matrimonial Jew and you'll be driving lambos and fucking 20 year old women in retirement.

Unless you like loyalty. Got mine before revealing any wealth, feels pretty good.

Was kinda funny when they finally saw them numbers.

I don't mean to be rude but you sound like someone in the friend zone. They pursued me and at the time I made it clear I was committed. Even now that I'm married I STILL get it, especially from men who work in the office building I work in. Fortunately a kind coworker reminds them I'm married and to stop blantantly asking me out even though I decline these men. Security gaurd also keeps them at bay. This is not attention I ask for. One guy I font even know his name and he "watches me at lunch and really likes me." He said this to my face. Creepy. This happened 2 weeks ago and he still always finds mean breaks and stuff so I have to avoid him.

Good luck finding a woman without baggage when you are ready. Or just screw around with random women and be chad. I have rejected men for being chad thundercock - so unappealing. It's fine not wanting to get married at 32 but if and when you finally do want to settle down your options will be limited and less than desireable. If you don't want to get married and live the hedonistic bachelor life do it- it's your life and you should do what makes you happy. But some men want to settle down with quality women and that's okay too.

Dont do it OP. Once she's gone you'll never be able to replace her and i guarantee you there's not another girl like her. You'll never connect with another human the way you two connect. Dont make my mistake user the regret will age you 10 years and you'll die alone

What the fuck is happening on my board. GET OUT GET OUT REEEEEEEE.

Seriously what the fuck. This isn't Veeky Forums or plebbit you faggots.

This is bullshit beta talk.

Just.

Chipping in one last time:

If you're in trouble at 3am - ANY kind of trouble - can you call her to help save your ass?

If yes, then she can make you achieve great heights in your career and family too. She'll be an asset.

Gonna change a lot in 5 years? Well, prenup is the answer to all the concerns raised so far...

I have a girlfriend I love, about to celebrate 1 year together. I disagree with a lot of the stuff you said. For example most of us guys get better options later on, not earlier. I don't know if you've ever seen those charts where 80% of women go for about 20% of guys. Well the characteristics that those 20% have are more attainable to many guys as they get older.

Everyone has a different story but I feel like in my life I've easily had an increasing number of options as time goes on while I see my friends who are girls have less options in terms of real relationships.

Seems to me you'd be a better fit for reddit than you are here. Maybe other anons would disagree.

Buy dgb

why don't you have a discussion with your gf. Use your networks to balance your opinions. I know appealing to the sensitivities of wimmin can be a pain and that social resources are limited, but I don't think you should be unable to have this conversation withyour gf if she's future wife material.

I know I'm avoiding answering your question and being presumptuous but i think got you pretty good.

Maybe you just don't break up with your gf and live your life to the fullest?

Not everything is so cut in stone.

Asians can have stocks and money too

dont get married you fucking retard

>healthy babies in their forties

Lol what a fucking lie, do some research. Just cos it happened in your family doesnt make it normal. The chances of getting pregnant past 40 drastically decrease

Please, please, op. Option 2.
If you marry you will end up like this man.

So much this!

>I don't want my future wife having kids much passed her thirties
And why exactly...?
That's a very, very, very weird thing to think.

lmao my mom had my brother at 35
OP is just a faggot

Increased chance of birth defects, doctors actually start encouraging women not to have kids after 35 years old

explains my brothers autism kappa

Fellow Vancity Leaf here.

Check out Owen Bigland's blog on youtube. He sums up the buying situation quite nicely. It's not really a "foreign buyer" issue because they already have Permanent Residence/Citizenship by the time they make their purchase (think about it: would you pay 800,000 for an interest free Canadian bond and get P.R. or pay the 15% buyer's tax, which could run up to millions of dollars?). Another thing to consider is the low interest rate for lending. That's what drove up the prices.

If I were you I'd just pull the trigger. I admire you for being 20 and able to buy a house.

Also I don't know you well enough obviously, but from the sounds of it she ain't the one. You're young yet.

Good luck to you, user.

>not to have kids after 35 years old
His gf is fucking 26.

Confirmed. Gf wanted to focus on work, now that she realizes it may involve doing actual work she wants baby. Doctor said at 36 it will be very difficult and risky.
I don't even bother with a jimmy anymore, I know her womb is full of raisins.
Looking for a mid twenties woman that isn't w complete slut and retard to birth my spawn.

Mike K.?

What if they get married and then she decides to keep putting off having kids until she's "established" in her career? OP has no choice but to accept and wait until her womb is all shrivelled up. If he tries to get a divorce she'll just take everything.

>an attractive woman at age 26 will be snapped up by another man
>My husbands unmarried friends (ages 28-32)
>what

Are we talking the US bible belt or some shit? As a northern European most people don't seem to settle before 28-32, and even then the divorce rate is insanely high.

Also OP's a guy, he got the next like 15 years to date women in the 20-25 age pool if he keep himself moderately fit and wealthy. He's not the party who's in a rush to settle for anything.

>I had men literally waiting for us to permanently break up

yeah who does this shit out of beta males in HS?

I won't advice OP what to do as only he will know, but I'll say that this post is simply fearmongering. He should relax, life is long and he is doing pretty fine already it seems.

You're pathetic.

>t. triggered roastie.

>>I don't even bother with a jimmy anymore, I know her womb is full of raisins.

KEK!!!!!

Get the fuck outta here, trying to guess who he is.

"YES IT IS MIKE K. I'LL REVEAL MYSELF ON AN ANONYMOUS BOARD HURRRRR"

>memes and anime reaction image
Really not surprised.
Just shows how your "advice" is worth absolutely nothing. You're just too far removed from reality.

Yet you still haven't provided an actual counterargument to:
A)The irresponsibility and selfishness of willingly bringing a human being into the world with severe disabilities
B)The huge advantages women have in marital courts
>also complaining about memes on Veeky Forums
neck yourself you retarded faggot.

Edgy.

The bottom line is you probably don't actually love her. You wouldn't be asking us if you did. You care for her a lot without a doubt but you probably don't love her. Or maybe you love her but you aren't IN love with her.

Can you imagine your life without her? Obviously because you are here asking this.

You care about her and see her as a poor vessel for your children. If that is the extent of your feelings then you can easily find someone else you care about and is at a great age for having kids.

I vote break up with her because it doesn't seem like you trust her or that she adds enough value to your life which it seems like you are looking for.

You're arguing with a woman.

>women on Veeky Forums
hard to believe, but that poster's typing style and subtle anger does seem typical of one.

>women on Veeky Forums
35% of Veeky Forums users is female. You just assume most are male because they're anonymous.

>35% of Veeky Forums
99% of which probably only go on /soc/ or other shit tier attention-whore boards.