Where did the Sea people come from?

The sea people who a nomadic society that raided various costal cities. They were big for their attempts to raid Egypt under Ramesses III. The better question is who are they today and where did they come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/6VC5Unc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Included is a map of their raids.

No one knows for certain but surely Aegean people were involved such as the Philistines, Ekwesh (Achaioi) and Denyen (Danaoi)

The Lukka who were allied to them were Lycians.

The Shekelesh and Sherden are a complete mystery, some scholars have associated them to Sardinians and Sicilians because of their names and because those islands were well connected to the Eastern Med through trade around the same exact period the same people showed up.

The Weshesh, Tjekker and Tursha are a complete mystery.

Given the map you have shown, is it possible that they could have been some early celtic tribes?
Also join the Veeky Forums discorddiscord.gg/6VC5Unc

The Nuragic peoples were the Sardinian people, they were highly organized, probably the inventor of castles and fortresses.

I'm always reminded by Machiavelli when I think of them. Why would a people build fortresses within their own people? They seem to be colonialists in Sardinia before moving east into the Levant to raid.

> The greatest fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people
~ Machiavelli

cont -

Nuragic building

They could have been trying to establish themselves as a power by taking Egypt down.

Is there an English translation? I really want to visit Sardinia, I was thinking about buying one of those package holidays there for a week, only costs about €700, hire a car and drive around to the sites.

Yes I know of this hypothesis.

Recently a huge 1000+ pages book has been published by a Sardinian archaeologist about the Sherden and he identifies them with the Nuragic Sardinians.

There is also a Nuragic statuine with a solar disk placed between the horns on his helmet, similar to those of the Sherden depicted in Egypt.

Am, I think they did defeat the Egyptians initially, then they migrated through the Red Sea down the East coast of Africa. The Egyptians only recorded good things about god kings.

I don't know, the Italian version was published like 2 months ago, there are a lot of interesting informations in it, for instance Sardinia is the place where the greatest concentration of LBA Cypriot/Syrian copper oxhide ingots have been found, some of them were produced in Egypt itself according to the latest studies.

From the sea.

They're just brine shrimp.

Atlantis

Obviously SouthEast Asia

I doubt it.

if anyone is interested about the oxhide ingots lots of scientific analyses have been done and they have all been traced to a single mine in Cyprus. I suggest reading the works of Gale and Stos-Gale who did the isotrace analysis. Also Knapp. Muhly, Lo Sciavo and Kassianidou. This tome covers most of it Kassianidou, V. and G. Papasavvas, 2012. Eastern Mediterranean Metallurgy and Metalwork in the Second Millennium BC. A conference in honour of James D. Muhly. Oxford: Oxbow Books.

Fuck off carlos

atlanteans

The mediterranean perhaps, personally, I've only read the pop version of the sea people and what effects they had in the late bronze age. Although it must of caused some form of catalyst to the great empires around ANE.

they came from the sea dipshit

underrated post

apparently some of them were made in Egypt in The Sinai peninsula according to a 2016 study