It says on your report here that you cancelled Amex platinum after a year to avoid paying the annual fee...

>It says on your report here that you cancelled Amex platinum after a year to avoid paying the annual fee. Were you really not aware that you can get it waived? It doesn't look like you are a very determined individual...

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/t/timevalueofmoney.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>being dumb enough to have cards with annual fees

>he didn't get his annual fee waived forever

i have multiple no-fee cards
is there a compelling reason to use a card with a fee?

There's a thing Amerifats do called churning where they stack CC incentives by taking out cards.

Amex blue cash with a fee gives you 6% cashback in grocery stores, without a fee it's 3%. Pays for itself and more, if you buy all your groceries with this card

How you get those fees waived?
Just call in and ask for it?

it depends on how much you spend

like this guy said:
if you spend a lot of money on groceries, the blue cash preferred pays the fee with the rewards you get so it's worth it. if you get the fee waived, it's worth even more. just do the math and see which one ends up paying you the most rewards

Usaa limitless cash back is a visa with 2.5% cash back for every purchase it's undeniably the best poorfag credit card.

CSRA if you're active duty you can hold on plat forever and pay nothing
Amex gold and plat are what every military guy has

My USAA Visa gives me 3% on everything, might be credit score dependent

>boomers bragging about the pennies they managed to scrape from Mr. Goldbergs pockets

you would be so much better off using your time to generate actual income

>inb4 a penny saved is a penny earned

but its just a fucking penny

Confirmed poor for life. CC benefits can save a lot of money over the course of a year, for almost zero work.

Build credit, get benefits like cash back, extended warranties, rental car insurance, etc. Pay off each month, pay $0 in interest. Zero work, free money.

i have bank of america cash back rewards...there are fees but my rewards always double the fees. its alright i guess..

what are some good CC anons recommend??

rate wells fargo

Go watch beatthebush, economicinvincibility, commoncentsmike, thecreditshifu and asksebby on YouTube
They all have reviews of nearly every good card out there

I have always found the concept of credit cards to be really dumb.

If you already have the money to buy something, then you can just use your debit card or cash, and if you don't have the money then it means that you shouldn't be buying that.

It just doesn't seem like there's any use for a CC unles you're dumb and poor and you do stupid shit like buying huge TVs you can't afford because "da tax returns be comin', daddy nee's a new teevee"

Wow user, are you 15? It's clear you're not old enough to be living in the real world.

Credit cards build your credit score up, can bail you out of emergency situations, have perks, rewards, concierge services, etc. It seems dumb to me to not use a credit card.

I have always found the concept of debit cards to be really dumb.

If you already have the money to buy something, then you can just use your credit card and get cash back and points you can spend on flights

It just doesn't seem like there's any use for a debit card unless you're dumb and poor and you do stupid shit like buying huge TVs without extended buyer protection on a debit card because you can't imagine having more purchasing power than you can pay back and feel like you have to keep a balance

>Credit cards build your credit score up, can bail you out of emergency situations, have perks, rewards, concierge services, etc. It seems dumb to me to not use a credit card.

I live in a country where credit score isn't a thing.
Loans/Assessments/Financing are decided on a case-to-case basis depending on whether or not you have bad history in a certain sector.

I've always found the concept of American Credit Rating to be terrifying, I mean, the kind of stupid shit that counts as "positive", and people spending money buying nothing (Like taking loans just to repay them) because they need to grind points.
Here having a car, paying regular rent and not having mortgages/debts/loans is what makes you look trustworthy to a bank.

Credit Cards don't really do that in any proportion significant enough to be appealing over here.

It's a bigger place with a system designed for millions of people duh

Most of the world doesn't live in a state sized UN cuckhole caliphate

>It's a bigger place with a system designed for millions of people duh

It sounds more like it's designed to keep the population on edge, and to drive for spending without considering consequences, other than to make it easier for people to spend for stuff they don't need by obfuscating expenses.
I mean, even the credit rating has mostly stuff that's indicative of a person bad at managing money (Frequent loans, long mortgages, overspending), while building up points on a scale that seems made to reward wasting money, and punished saving.

Anywhere else having a big collateral in the form of a lot of money saved up would be seen as positive, the American Credit Rating instead penalizes it because not taking loans is "suspicious"

>you would be so much better off using your time to generate actual income
it takes me about 5 minutes to apply for a credit card that gives me $50-$100 per year so i'm not really sure what you're talking about

stick to shitposting on /pol/

>churning
that expression is used in many industries, e.g. SaaS model

you can also go to nerdwallet and creditkarma and filter on things you're looking for like cash back, 3-month spend bonuses, no fee, etc. once you do a little research you can pick out a bunch that might be a good fit. for example i use Citi Double Cash (2% all), Blue Cash Everyday (3% groceries) and BoA Cash Rewards (3% gas) as my main cards.

do you bank through BoA? my guess is you can get that fee waived on your BoA CC

what about non-military. I would sign up for those card if fees are waive

>It sounds more like it's designed to keep the population on edge, and to drive for spending

Bingo.
You know what's another meter they use for the rating? Time. That means that, if you manage to pay off your car and house and live as a free man without loans, your credit score starts degrading each year.
You MUST take a loan for something, or you'll be shit out of luck if you ever need emergency money. And your debit score will be lowered by it, so you will go back into the mortgage system for virtually no gain, just so you can get a higher rating.

It's fucked up. And the propaganda is so effective that people actually believe that the system works and is good for them. Just look at this thread. Point the flaws in the consumeristic system made to keep them poor, and they will lash out at you, scared of realizing what they're living under.

Pull off your wannabe edgy i-hate-america goggles for a second and (1) learn how a credit score works, (2) try to consider why it is a useful system.

No one gets rewarded for being bad at managing money. They get rewarded for being able to pay back money in a timely manner. If you do not pay your credit card bill or loan, your score tanks. Credit scores do not incentivise wasting money in any way. When giving you a mortgage, the bank needs to know that you are responsible enough to pay back loans. Credit scores track your ability to do this.

Saving money is fucking stupid regardless and shouldn't be praised. You don't sound like you really know what you're talking about and certainly haven't done much thinking. Just espousing the tired sentiment "America bad because consumerism!!" Stop shoehorning your retarded bullshit into everything and take the time to consider the pros and cons of everything. You're retarded if you think the credit system is just "all bullshit, man."

B-B-BUT I GET $150 A YEAR FOR BEING A GOOD GOYIM IT IS YOU WHO IS THE FOOL

>Saving money is fucking stupid regardless and shouldn't be praised.
>Having money for emergencies instead of needing to loan it off at compounding interest is stupid
>Having money for when you need to make a bigger expense is stupid
>Having money for a prospective business idea and being free of mortgages and debt is a bad thing

Americans, everyone.
I guess that explains why they have one of the lowest averages of family savings across the entire first world.

This. I had over a 800 score but since paid off the car and student loans and have no debt and score is around 760 now.

you do realize we can all see that you're replying to yourself right?

>i don't like free money

You replied to the wrong post, I think.
And yes, it's terrifying.
It's just made to force people to never free themselves of debt.

There's entire forums of people advising eachother on how to best "waste" money in a constructive way, like taking loans and making savings accounts just for the purpose of being drained to pay off the useless loan, all so they can get rating points.
People with six figure salaries who can't get small loans or apply for cards, because they made the horrible faux pas of paying cash and only buying what they could afford, which makes the jews at the top very angry.

How could anyone defend this?

A couple hundred USD isn't fuck all, this shows what the real divide clearly is. And no, it's not the frugal poor vs the slightly less frugal poor.

and $0 is even less fuck all

it's not about how little money it is, it's about having two options in front of you and making the right choice:

1: a debit card
2: a credit card + $150 per year + improved credit rating (which can you save you tens of thousands on a home)

all you have to do is pick one, so why would you pick the debit card?

I bet you're a poor fag who owns an iPhone.

>if only everyone was perfect, high IQ, never made mistakes, and never had adverse health crises happen to them, we could all be rich

ok cletus good luck with that

>samefagging on a board with IDs
back to /r/daveramsey

it appears as though your mind is going haywire after trying too hard to understand a very simple concept, and now you are just spewing bullshit that doesn't even make sense in your own head

take a couple days and then think it over again. or don't, it doesn't make any difference to me

can you believe how sad some people are?

i do use BoA for my bank. so i just call em up and ask them to waive fees?

yes. i have that card as well but it "evolved" from a previous no-fee card and it just never took the fee along with it

i would also recommend against banking with BoA unless you value the convenience of their massive ATM network. their interest rates are virtually 0, and you can get much higher rates with something like Ally or Capital One 360. just a suggestion

Make it known that the fee is why you're canceling but don't be confident/assertive about it. Play it up and make it seem like they could still convince you to keep the card if you didn't have the fee. Say something like "I really like this card but it's hard to justify the annual fee because of "

If they aren't taking the bait sometimes you just have to say something similar, "I'd really like to keep the card because of but the annual fee seems steep. Is there any way we could waive the annual fee this time?"

Didn't get an offer to waive it? Say you're going to think it over and call back. You might have better luck with someone else or at a different date/time.

If you're military just CSRA

thanks anons, good stuff, will try it out.

I'm BoA because of their location network. I've lived in 4 states the past 4 years, and do a lot of traveling, so it was important for me to not have to do a bunch of bank switching, and to have locations wherever i was gonna be. I'm planning on moving to a permanent location after the summer though, so i'll probably look into other banks then.

Sad!

investopedia.com/terms/t/timevalueofmoney.asp

Credit cards really don't do anything of the sort. It's a specificity to burgerland. In other countries, a credit card is just a card that lets you buy on credit.