What will you do when a robot takes your job?

What will you do when a robot takes your job?

Other urls found in this thread:

ipsoft.com/2017/06/01/ipsoft-introduces-the-most-human-ai-technology-on-the-market/
ipsoft.com/2016/04/29/amelia-it-service-desk-agent-at-an-european-bank/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11123336/Meet-Amelia-the-computer-thats-after-your-job.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably fucking a robot.

I hang drywall so that's literally impossible.

Jack off.

get on welfare and make wageslave cuckbots my bitches

Invest in robotics and retire

>read text aloud
how is that a job and cant they do it already?

>read text aloud by 2025
i thought that was already a thing but ok

that chart is off, they drive trucks and fold laundry right now

Hoy the canadian guy right? Comfy job right there

NIGGA MAH CRYPTO GAINS GON BE OFF DAH CHAIN BY THA TIME DIS SHIEET COMES THRU. YOU FEEL MEE CUH.

lol

I know you're joking, but when would drywall hanging get taken over by robots? I think the first construction robots will roll out in about 2025, and the job will no longer be open to humans in first world countries in 2030.

>tfw i'm in data science and will be the one automating normies out of their jobs

Is this chart satrical? What the hell does "beat a human in a 5K race" mean? Trains could do that 200 years ago.

So you are saying all those highly trained LEGO assemblers will be unemployed by 2025? What is this for a world we live in ...

I'm a programmer.

Enjoy life because I will be a crypto-rich.

This

By the time the future rolls around houses are going to be made with giant robotic 3d printers that you just wheel over a site, press on and then 12 hours later you have a complete house.

I assume that it's implying that a bipedal robot is racing the humans.

guys like you are so cute
>wow I know tensorflow I'm such a badass!
pathetic

I'm less preocuppied by the rising of robots than the rising population of niggers and islamization of Europe.
The caliph will declare robots haram anyway.

Haha yeah and not to mention "all human tasks" amirite

Godfuck niggers are so worthless
R type trash

job?

I'm an investment analyst. I think I'll be alright. My firm fronts the capital for this tech shit.

Universal basic income will probably need to become a reality though.

In 2060 I won't care.

>projecting this hard

get em tiger

Anything that involves complex analysis of patterns and data is very ripe for automation. You probably have 10-20 years at most, with the last few years being a transitionary period. Of course depending on your age that may be plenty of time, but if you're young I would not count on anything involving analysis of any sort to be safe long-term.

also
>tfw computer engineer

I think you'd have to hang drywall to get that

>In immediate danger (less than 10 years)

low-skill service industry jobs (cashier etc), low-to-medium skill manufacturing jobs, low-skill administrative jobs that do not require much face-to-face interaction (data entry etc)

>in short term danger (10-20 years)

Virtually all driving and shipping jobs, most retail jobs, mid-level administrative positions, all manufacturing jobs, some higher-skilled human interaction focused jobs (tech support, pharmacists)

>in medium term danger (20-50 years)

Construction and labour jobs requiring high amounts of adaptability and dexterity, creative jobs that cater to a large market (blockbuster filmmaking, top 40 songwriting), complex administrative jobs, jobs that require highly complex human interaction (doctors, lawyers)

>in long term danger (50+ years)

Everything. UBI will be a necessity at this point to avoid societal collapse.

i will sell my ETH and cruise around in my self driving lambo

>be one of the least populous racial groups on the planet
>call others minorities and put their interests above your own
Why are you white people so retarded?

>Drive a truck
>Already happening
>basically everything till 2026 from that is happening now or very soon
>normies are fucked
>

white people are responsible for all of the benefits, hobbies and anything worthwhile they enjoy today.

Nothing because I'll be dead before then

how smart can white people really be if they drive themselves to extinction?

White people + kiked culture = pathological altruism

Why would they pay anybody UBI? They'd just kill off the obsolete labor force so the elites don't have to worry about resource scarcity.

We are fucking retarded
Pathological altruism

To be fair, we set the stage to our failure with WWI

Robots aren't consumers

>blaming it on the jews
Jews just take advantage of your idiocy, Asians don't have this problem.

>smart enough for nuclear energy
>Too retarded to continue living
We did this to ourselves
May this be a lesson to the gooks and japs not to let other ethnicities in, and put your own first 99.9% of the time

It's because they're good and racist, like the Lord intended. I hope for their sake they hold on to that.

how couldn't a robot win a 5k race. Just puts some wheels on it.

Who are "they"?

Yes, switching to a whole new economic system is a giant pain in the ass.

You know what's even more of a pain in the ass? Organizing all the competing interests and disparate groups that collectively make up "the elite" and getting them to somehow murder 99% of the world's population.

Presumably it would be a robot that mimics the movements of a human, only better. This is a relevant milestone because presumably if a robot has the motor skills to run a 5k race at a fast pace, it also has the motor skills to do a variety of manual labour jobs and things like that.

>thinking it's gonna take 40 more years 29 more years for automation to be fully implemented

Hahahaha oh man. Try the next 5 - 7 years. Technology is moving at an incredibly fast rate.

>all first world jobs taken by robots
>BTC becomes world currency
How long until a NWO that unifies Earth?

The elites? Or some faction of them? If robots can do anything in the future and the workforce is obsolete, it's much easier to just ask your endless pool of robot labor to design a virus or chemical and go at it. Hell it'd only take one person to make a decision like that.

While labor might be limitless in the future, resources would not. What profit is there in giving billions of idle people welfare checks and maintaining this vast infrastructure needed to keep them fed and entertained?

The logical conclusion would be to just thin the herd. It probably would'nt be overt, but if they decided to make sterilization a requirement for UBI, that'd work just the same. What would the peasants do about it? They would have zero agency and zero value to society and absolutely no leverage to bargain for anything better.

>What will you do when a robot takes your job?
implying anyone from /r9k/ would do a customer facing job

>make sterilization a requirement for UBI
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS A THING

ipsoft.com/2017/06/01/ipsoft-introduces-the-most-human-ai-technology-on-the-market/
IPsoft Introduces the Most Human AI Technology on the Market
IPsoft, the digital labor company, has leapfrogged the current AI market by introducing the most comprehensive and human artificial intelligence platform available today, Amelia. The evolution of Amelia connects AI into the very heart of the enterprise and drives value all the way from front office to back office. Leveraging a unique combination of humanlike intelligence and machine powered analytics, Amelia will allow enterprises to scale customer interactions and transform end to end processes in order to become digital frontrunners.
Multiple breakthroughs in Amelia’s cognitive capabilities have drastically advanced her ability to converse with her human counterparts in more than 40 languages in a completely natural, context aware dialogue. In parallel, new analytical capabilities allow her to enrich every user interaction with decisions based on real time data insights. Together these strengths make Amelia the only AI ready to excel in roles spanning the entire value chain for tomorrow’s digital winners. These roles range from servicing customer requests for new insurance policies and assessing risk profiles for new loan applicants to advising employees on HR policies and ensuring supplier billing matches contractual agreements.

Amelia is working on the IT service desk for one global telecoms provider to provide best in class support for employees. She has held more than 80,000 conversations to date, and resolved 69% of these queries end to end.
In the U.S., Amelia assists customers of a leading insurer access faster responses. She handles queries from more than 3,000 users per week and achieves 93% accuracy.
In Sweden, Amelia is helping a leading Nordic bank provide 24 x 7 access to its 4 million retail banking customers and resolving more than 85% of the queries addressed to her.

>NYTimes best seller
>implying legacy media will live another decade

ipsoft.com/2016/04/29/amelia-it-service-desk-agent-at-an-european-bank/
Leading Nordic bank SEB employs Amelia as an IT Service Desk Agent
Nordic corporate bank, has completed a rapid deployment of IPsoft’s cognitive virtual agent Amelia inside their IT Service Desk. The Amelia pilot rolled out in August 2016 and within three weeks interacted with 700 bank employees and handled 4000 conversations.
Of her first 4000 conversations the majority were solved by Amelia, so agents were freed from repetitive employee queries. As for the queries Amelia cannot resolve, she observes the employee-agent interaction, learning how to deal with similar variations. Once her learnings are approved by her human supervisors she can answer these queries herself.
Amelia’s role covers two internal business cases which make up 15% of the Service Desk volume: Identity Access Management and Knowledge Management.

Except this would mean everyone would be sterilized. The whole idea of UBI is that it's universal - everyone gets the same amount regardless of whether they're rich or poor.

>research math
AI is already a great asset in developing mathematical proofs.

Is this like when we got hover cars in the year 2000? Or faster than light travel?

Robots don't really replace humans. For the sake of efficiency robots can reduce the number of available/running jobs, but we will never in a million years run out of valuable things to do. This type of shit was a "problem" every time a new tool was invented.

Besides, AI is overrated. People think if you can make a robot play chess that it's smart enough to "write a best seller" fucking hell.

I'd rather everyone looks after themselves while totally unencumbered with forced wealth redistribution schemes aka involuntary taxation

telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11123336/Meet-Amelia-the-computer-thats-after-your-job.html
Meet Amelia: the computer that's after your job
A new artificially intelligent computer system called 'Amelia' – that can read and understand text, follow processes, solve problems and learn from experience – could replace humans in a wide range of low-level jobs
artificial intelligence computing system has been unveiled, which promises to transform the global workforce. Named 'Amelia'
the system is able to shoulder the burden of often tedious and laborious tasks, allowing human co-workers to take on more creative roles.
She understands the full meaning of what she reads rather than simply recognising individual words. This involves understanding context, applying logic and inferring implications.
When exposed to the same information as any new employee in a company, Amelia can quickly apply her knowledge to solve queries in a wide range of business processes. Just like any smart worker she learns from her colleagues and, by observing their work, she continually builds her knowledge.
While most ‘smart machines’ require humans to adapt their behaviour in order to interact with them, Amelia is intelligent enough to interact like a human herself. She speaks more than 20 languages, and her core knowledge of a process needs only to be learned once for her to be able to communicate with customers in their language.
Independently, rather than through time-intensive programming, Amelia creates her own 'process map' of the information she is given so that she can work out for herself what actions to take depending on the problem she is solving.

"Intelligence is the ability to acquire and apply knowledge. If a system claims to be intelligent, it must be able to read and understand documents, and answer questions on the basis of that. It must be able to understand processes that it observes. It must be able to solve problems based on the knowledge it has acquired. And when it cannot solve a problem, it must be capable of learning the solution through noticing how a human did it,"
Just as machines transformed agriculture and manufacturing, IPsoft believes that cognitive technologies will drive the next evolution of the global workforce, so that in the future companies will have digital workforces that comprise a mixture of human and virtual employees.
Amelia has already been trialled within a number of Fortune 1000 companies, in areas such as manning technology help desks, procurement processing, financial trading operations support and providing expert advice for field engineers.
In each of these environments, she has learnt not only from reading existing manuals and situational context but also by observing and working with her human colleagues and discerning for herself a map of the business processes being followed.
In a help desk situation, for example, Amelia can understand what a caller is looking for, ask questions to clarify the issue, find and access the required information and determine which steps to follow in order to solve the problem.

It doesn't matter if eventually the economy stabilizes and we settle into a new paradigm. The point is that technological change and automation is happening faster than the economy can adapt to it. We're heading for a breaking point in which the old jobs are all gone, and the new jobs that will eventually replace them haven't been created in sufficient numbers yet.

Eventually things will be ok, but a whole lot of people are going to be out of work before then.

Business Insider is literally the biggest shithole in the world.

This also ignores that the majority of the new jobs being created are not able to be filled by most people who simply aren't intelligent enough for them. A huge chunk of the population struggles with anything above algebra, they are not going to be able to handle compsci or engineering.

ill get free basic income and invest it into crypto

transportation industry is gonna hurt the most when it comes to numbers of layoffs

white person here, I want to die. This is the last cycle for me. Everything is horrible

>faster
No.
Talk to any automation engineer. We are terribly behind demand.

This is irrelevant. People learn faster than robots are developed, tested, and implemented. And you overestimate what a "job" needs to be. For most of my company, it already means just signing your name a few times a day and proofreading documents.

outsourcing is a bigger threat to developed nations; as long as there's pajeet or chang willing and able to do your work for pennies, automation is off the table there

>People learn faster
kek, you actually think people are the same, don't you?

Hovering cars won't benefit elites. Super advanced AI does.

>Win the world series of poker

LMAO, 1 supercomputer with perfect play could play for a thousand years and would have to be extremely lucky to win once. And if they play perfectly, they wont be able to pick up on fish tells and pick off big bluffs.

Nobody could force you to accept a UBI check, they couldn't even really forcefully sterilize you. If they'd go through the effort of having the VasectoBot knock on your door to deliver you your welfare check, they might as well just give the robot a gun and be done with it.

People would have to volunteer for it in return for money to live off of since nobody would have a job. Or more realistically, """minorities""" would be excepted.

Underage : The Post

>He thinks that bluffing will be a useful skill when a computer can just calculate the odds of its opponent having a better hand and come up with the mathematically best move.

Have fun playing against an opponent that is literally unbluffable and rigs the odds perfectly in its favor every round.

I don't think a racist God would exist lol

>I have a job that could be automated right now and probably only hasn't because of delayed adoption of the technology that would automate it
>therefore automation will not be an issue in the future

I don't follow

Outsourcing and automation are two sides of the same job-destroying coin; everything that can be outsourced is being outsourced, and everything that can't be will now be automated

Read it while sounding like a human,and not the sound of random syllables put together

>I have no idea what an user does, but because I think technology can do everything that people can, I will say that your job is going to be automated

This is why no one likes the automation autists.

The point is that in the world series there are a lot of terrible players who will make terrible bluffs. A computer playing game theory optimal poker does not take into account opponent skill (it in fact prioritizes minimizing losses and being unexploitable) and will not alter its strategy because an opponent plays poorly. This means the GTO unexploitable strategy of the AI in practice become suboptimal because it loses opportunities to take chips from poor players who bluff too much.

If that chart is assuming an AI that doesnt just play unexploitable poker when it wants to, but also has the ability to change its strategy based on opponent skill, indiviidual players' hand histories and physical tells, we are talking about a skill set that is much, much further into the future of AI development.

t. winning online poker player

Suck robot dicks