One month until LTC skyrockets to the moon

One month until LTC skyrockets to the moon.

Prepare your anus.

I certainly hope it

and why would it do that?

and why would it? no adoption, no merchants, no use, no community, even larger china ownership than bitcoin.

its insane how many hundreds of millions are sitting in dead end coins like litecoin by bag holders or speculators. all that capital could be concentrated on a handful of actually usefull crypto currency projects and it would vastly improve the scene.

Segwit, lightning networks

I will personally mock all the shitecoiners from my yacht when my litecoins take off.

Wouldn't Litecoin drop after Bitcoin has segwit?

I'm gonna sell this shit before August 1.

Litecoin is the currency, bitcoin is store of value (gold).

t. eth bagholder

Not after segwit. Bitcoin will be just as practical and useful as Litecoin. Which will leave Litcoin with no function and therefore make it worthless. It's gonna crash

Many of those claims are false. The community one is pretty active, it's listed in many exchanges and you can use it in many places in combo with bitcoin.

+the chinese love it. Their list goes like:

1.Bitcoin
2.Litecoin
3.Altcoins

>tfw watching LTC slowly drop

Litecoin is simple. no contracts. no gimmick business model. no groundbreaking, risky innovations to get caught up in like Iota's Tangle or whatever. It and Bitcoin are the standards. Silver and gold. Liquid. Hassle-free. Easy. Litecoin will never die as long as it stays on par with BTC. screencap this

Except 99% of coins are useless then according to that logic. LTC can exist alongside BTC just fine. They aren't trying to replace BTC, but function with it. Not to meme but, LTC is the "silver" to BTC's "gold."

The only coins wikileaks has adopted are bitcoin and litecoin, have fun holding your bags.
Litecoin is the king of alts and will continue being so.

I fugged your mom last night and will do it again tonight.

Screencap this

It will rocket to the moon, from mars, where it is currently

I'm honestly intrigued in this.
How does ripple get involved in all this?

Like as crypto is evolving, it makes sense that different currency infrastructures will evolve for different types of trade.
But litecoin's 3 minutes clearing doesn't seem efficient yet.
So it's faster than bitcoin, but slower than ripple, but ripple is gay and lame and seems to be used for bank transactions, not commerce.

yes, that's correct. 90% of these coins will vanish. You think 800~ cryptos will remain when this shit is all mainstream?

litecoin will go on the milliseconds when it gets lightning, it will be faster than XRP

XRP however can handle far more transactions. There's no scaling issue with XRP.

LTC IS A RED HERRING

I keep telling you kiddos

get into zcash and ans before it is too late

im not a robot dammit

>the chinese love it.

This is not a selling point. This means you're gonna get jewed to hell and back. Or chinked, whatever.

what exactly is this lightning?

sure, im in eth, but i havent lost money on it yet, and even at its inflated current price i'd say its still not as overinflated as litecoin is.

litecoin is not even close to the king of alts. bitcoin is the only currency that gets grandfathered in because it's old. as soon as you decide to use something other than bitcoin it doesnt matter how old the currency is anymore.

honestly coins like litecoin fit into the same space as coins like peercoin or namecoin. coins that had their moment and are still clinging on despite the market telling them they shouldn't be, alt bubble helping them pump up temporarily or not.

99% of coins ARE useless. isn't that immediately obvious? theyre there to make their owners money (presales, premines, "ICO"s) or to pump and dump for the speculators.

tech wise litecoin does nothing any other coin could do. its bitcoin + segwit with slightly faster blocks and lower fees because no one uses it.

block time doesnt matter if segwit is activated on bitcoin, and neither will fees. litecoin brings nothing to the table even as "silver".

its pumping now for the same reason every other shitcoin has been pumping the past 2/3 months. there's nothing special about litecoin.

>honestly coins like litecoin fit into the same space as coins like peercoin or namecoin. coins that had their moment and are still clinging on
After a long time litecoins Charlie Lee came back so its not really clinging on.
It just got segwit this year and was the first ever coin to make a LN transaction.
Also it got added to coinbase, the only other coins are bitcoin and ethereum on there, so i dont see how you can compare it to all the other shitcoins like peercoin.
It's not clinging on it's gonna stick around for a long time, something like ETC would be clinging on.

What is MySpace and Facebook?

What is AltaVista and Google?

Not saying Litecoin will over take anything but if Cryptos do take off to the moon like you dipshits constantly shill, it is not farfetched to believe that one of the altcoins will take over for what ever numerous reasons.

its being added because people speculate with it, that's its purpose, nothing more. it was added to coinbase because of charlie lee's involvement with it. they could have added any other top 10 coin and it would have seen the same volume/profits for coinbase.

charlie lee can't make the market accept a coin that does nothing better than bitcoin + segwit. i dont dispute the fact that it will stick around, but that doesn't make it any less of a waste of space/energy/capital.

ethereum classic at least could be the host to some scammy ICOs on the original chain, what exactly can litecoin do? the only thing litecoiners can think of is hoping someone will built a swap between ltc and btc for segwit transactions. that's it.

if they had managed to get privacy/confidential txs added a year ago maybe they would have been able to absorb dash/monero before they both pumped. i would have certainly started using it if they did.

but now its too late for pretty much any addition given almost all niche coins have exploded and been added to markets/exchanges worldwide leaving no untapped niche available for litecoin to move into.

i agree, thats why i've "hedged" into ethereum, and ive been validated in doing so by its huge marketcap gains over bitcoin over the past 2 months.

if bitcoin fails litecoin has no differentiation to ensure it's survival, aside from a sha256 vulnerability which is like betting on gold because you think a meteor is going to strike Earth.

>imagine a company that self regulates, with no CEO's overpaid, worthless HER, and diversity hire bullshit. THAT is crypto in a nutshell

Except comparing websites to established block chains is retarded. There's no substitute for the organic growth that bitcoin has achieved.

The flippening will be glorious

Buy pivx now to increase your orc holdings later. Bought to moon.

i would bet every crypto i own that litecoin will never exceed bitcoin's market cap. dont lose your shirt on such an impossible idea

If Bitcoin and litecoin are equal, but litecoin has lower transaction fees, why would it crash?

because when bitcoin gets segwit, litecoin will not have lower tx fees.

moron.

if litecoin = bitcoin, then it follows crypto is worth infinity dollars, because i can clone btc and make another coin, and by the same logic it should also be = bitcoin.

thers nothing about litecoin that gives it value any more than you average high marketcap p&d coin

>because when bitcoin gets segwit, litecoin will not have lower tx fees.

you're a retard if you think this you know

The bitcoin segwit fix does it address the high transaction fees.

>The only coins wikileaks has adopted are bitcoin and litecoin, have fun holding your bags.
>Litecoin is the king of alts and will continue being so.

Exactly.

End thread.

Clif High said that you fucks would start claiming Litecoin was a pump and dump.

You fucking mislead peasants.

Do you not realize WHAT'S IN THE WORKS?

We are talking Litecoin being used as a fucking Point of Sale/Payment gateway.

Not just for over the counter purchases but also for the Internet of Things (IoT).

See the future.

you should read charlie lee's post on medium explaining the need for litecoin.
it may not be the best coin for its purpose, but it's one of the best for sure and it's not a bitcoin competitor.
segwit won't solve the fees problem, so litecoin will still be cheaper to make transfers. when litecoin gets the lightning network it will also be faster making it better suited for low fee transactions. unless bitcoin gives up on some security, it can't just implement these features. litecoin and bitcoin are meant for different types of transactions (or at least they should as having btc go on the litecoin direction would lose a lot of safety in transactions)

pump and dump = speculation only, not being used as the payment system it was designed for, like bitcoin. IoT? fat chance. that would require a second layer and at that point we're back to the argument that segwit on litecoin is somehow better than segwit on bitcoin. they can work on whatever they want to work on. but no one's going to come and start using it.

give me one good reason why people would switch from bitcoin to litecoin? once you move away from the de-facto crypto, litecoin has no benefits than any other.

it's directly competing with bitcoin, to say it isn't is ridiculous. and just a reminder that for the past 3 years bitcoin's fees have been rising and litecoins have been significantly lower, and in that time there have been zero increases in litecoin acceptance or usage that aren't also using bitcoin.

the market has spoken, people just don't care about using it as a POS/payment system. they will suffer through bitcoin's backlog, paying large amounts for transactions and no one is any closer to switching to litecoin.

charlie can pump up himself and his clone as much as he likes, but the market has spoken, and litecoin is only valued by the speculators, especially ones from china. crypto currency doesnt need litecoin, far from it. i'd argue crypto would be stronger if dead weight like litecoin was eliminated and the value/developers/community rallied around coins with a purpose, instead of clinging to the past.

do you hold any alt-coins? which ones?

i liquidated most of the ones i was holding for speculation only. so i only hold ethereum and monero now.

ethereum i should probably dump if it keeps looking shaky, and monero im happy to hold through because i value its privacy.

Of course you hold Litecoins two fiercest "competitors".

It all makes sense now.

Hahahhahaha.

You will learn.

How is it retarded?

Why do we need Facebook when we have MySpace, the other being why do we need Google when we have a search engine like AltaVista?

They are essentially the same product Facebook/MySpace and Google/MySpace except the established player was dominated by an upstart.

What organic growth besides a ponzi scheme that benefits only those that mined in the early days?

Bitcoin doesn't have actual true believers that believe this is the currency of the future and the method to break the chains that Jews put on you at birth.

Everyone in crypto are either speculators or bag holders.

no one's competing with litecoin, it's litecoin thats trying desperately to do the "competing". litecoin has no privacy features, nor does it have any "smart" contract features, all litecoin has is bitcoin's segwit a few months earler than bitcoin will have it. that's it.

unlike a lot of the top-10 coins, litecoin provides absolutely zero benefit to anyone but the bagholders and speculators hoping to make a profit. it provides no value to the cryptocurrency space, and therefore it has no users.

if it disappeared today the cryptocurrency environment would be no worse than it was yesterday, you can't say the same for every coin in the top 10.

>and just a reminder that for the past 3 years bitcoin's fees have been rising and litecoins have been significantly lower, and in that time there have been zero increases in litecoin acceptance or usage that aren't also using bitcoin.
>the market has spoken, people just don't care about using it as a POS/payment system. they will suffer through bitcoin's backlog, paying large amounts for transactions and no one is any closer to switching to litecoin.

isn't this a strange rationale to say, "bitcoin is shit in this way but the market clearly likes shit, so IDK let's just keep using BTC I guess"

.....?

im just pointing out the fallacy that keeps popping up about how waves of people are going to be coming into litecoin because of all the scaling advances its pushing when users clearly don't care about using litecoin even if it's faster and cheaper than bitcoin.

right, so faster and cheaper than bitcoin, and yet Litecoin is the deadweight. not bitcoin.

ok.....

yes, because no one wants to use it. i could create a clone of bitcoin today, make the blocks only 60 seconds, that doesnt mean people are just going to magically flock to my new currency. bitcoin is anything but dead weight as it provides most of the value for every other alt pair in this entire economy. litecoin on the other hand doesnt provide any positive benefit, its just a leech of capital away from other coins into something used purely for speculation and owned by china.

>block time doesnt matter if segwit is activated on bitcoin, and neither will fees.

so what is the scenario then if it isn't activated? is there then a use for Litecoin?

segwit is only a benefit if it gets adopted and used, and i would bet against the tech seeing sizeable adoption if the only coins to adopt it are litecoin and a few other tiny marketcap ones.

>users clearly don't care about using litecoin even if it's faster and cheaper than bitcoin.

a sentence like this still bothers me because I expect the markets/people to behave in their "rational" self-interest....it seems they would/should care

because bitcoin's tech is valuable when applied to bitcoin, thats why all the other high marketcap coins arent just bitcoin clones. we don't want or need another bitcoin, we already have one. it's not perfect, its flawed in hindsight, but it has its niche, and it's niche is being worth something and being something people accept as being worth something.

most people accepting bitcoin don't want to accept litecoin, in the same way they dont want to accept dogecoin, or any other alt with very few exceptions, because theyre going to inevitably have to convert it in order to buy something with it. and if all litecoin is pushing for is to be "worth something" for payment, then i dont see how it's ever going to make a dent.

smart contracts coming this fall

ICO's will start using litecoin this fall as well.

Its faster than ETH and is actually BUILT for payments.

Time has a way of changing people. I expect your views towards Litecoin to worsen once it begins picking up mainstream media coverage.

You will see Litecoin compete with ETH in relative price and in market cap.

Does this bother you desu?

Who are you to speak for the entire crypto community?

Who said LTC wanted to be the new BTC?

Links on people not wanting to accept Litecoin?

Lol. I smell mETH.

litecoin simply won't be able to compete, it has all the legacy code issues of bitcoin with none of the benefits, namely a large network of people actually using it. like every other first generation litecoin, its all hype and sliding interest with the occasional pump in this case caused by the pump on all alts.

and i dont see how it's any more built for payments than any other coin. how exactly is it better for payments that bitcoin, given that it's a shallow bitcoin clone with a couple of tweaked parameters? faster block times are meaningless, thats already been discussed.

you can make anything up you want but at the end of the day litecoin brings noting to the table. if its market cap was 10% what it was now no one would even be considering it alive anymore. like i said, its the bagholders and speculators that are dragging it along hoping to be able to cash out or make some profit.

hype and empty promises don't bother me, of course not. ive already made a few million in crypto, i just have no desire to see useless coins get pumped up here and elsewhere.

>Links on people not wanting to accept Litecoin?
links? you don't need links, just try and use it as a currency and you'll find regular businesses and individuals in the crypto space simply don't want a tertiary coin like litecoin.

face it, while litecoin was sitting around doing absolutely nothing a shitcoin like ethereum came out of nowhere and completely ate your lunch.

now as litecoin is scrambling to play catch up the ship has already sailed, and its been left behind. whatever it does now is going to be in the shadow of ethereum, which has already amassed a community an order of magnitude or two larger than litecoin's.

it's no good clinging to the past when litecoin was number 2 because no one took alts seriously enough to care, if ethereum falls it won't be litecoin to take its place, the market isn't stupid enough to fall for that again.

>ive already made a few million in crypto

was this mainly through the "speculation" holds you mentioned or more the key players like eth/btc?

Markets may not be but people are rational. Lower transaction costs, faster transaction times and upgrading tech, a working dev consensus system, future upgrades.. these al set the stage for LTC price to go up and stay up.

Remember a few weeks back? "the ethereum network is congested, try again later"... "your BTC transfer will be $$$... and please wait."

>now as litecoin is scrambling to play catch up the ship has already sailed, and its been left behind. whatever it does now is going to be in the shadow of ethereum, which has already amassed a community an order of magnitude or two larger than litecoin's.

I don't see it this way. Litecoin is just making itself better doing one thing.

Ethereum is a giant bloodsucking parasite that has caused enormous amounts of capital to be sucked out of the market. If crypto falls into a recession, its Ethereum's fault.

angus peppered i have 12 LTC am i in lamboland yet guise

What's wrong with you guys... Eth is a fuel not a store of value, eth are still in early beta and the world is misunderstanding its power.
Concerning ltc they got universities working on it and it is one of the most famous/reputable coin. It will never take over btc as silver never take over gold, this doesn't mean silver is worthless.

I bought a lot of LTC at $45/coin on June 17th, thinking it would go up to the $50's by the time the bank transfer ended. It went up to $49 and than declined it's way downward. It hasn't seen any rises that have surpassed it's last ATH since then, it's only declined over the last 2 weeks along with BTC/ETH.

I pray LTC will go up to $50-$100 in August so I can finally cash out.

it will approach 1/4 of bitcoin at any price.

$2500 by December.

I have accumulated LTC since it was $25
At 200 LTC now, last purchase at $37

Will buy at least 300 LTC today

>guys ltc will be mooning by august 1st
>less than a month away
>no moon in sight

i have a bit of LTC but seriously guys, it's a long term thing and desu i doubt it will ever reach 100

LTC should be priced at 1/4h of BTC

took loan from loanshark and I am all in on LTC
I am ready

Why do you think LTC will go up?

Lmao all of the fud you posted is easily disproven by a quick google search. I'm glad pathetic faggots like you will stay poor where you belong.

Really pissed off by retards like him.

ETHERfags really are the cancer of crypto.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
THE MARKET IS VOLOTILE AS FUCK!!!

Enjoy your busted kneecaps.

this was me

I bought 800 LTC last night at 38, sold 700 around 39 today

2ez