Do you collect silver?

Do you collect silver?
If so why? Do you actually think it'll gain value? Do you think it's a good store of value? Or do you just think it's pretty as fuck and like to collect shiny things?
I'm that last one

no no no and no

There are so many juicy ways to investment money these days. Silver doesn't cut the mustard. I want to buy something that pays me!

Yes, have 100 oz and absolutely expect it to moon in the next few years.

>I want to buy something that pays me!
Invest in a local meth lab user.
I hear drugs have the potential to double or even triple in value over the next few years.

I buy my son a 10oz bar for Christmas ever year, I'm hoping when he's old it will be a nice memory. If the shit about artificial devaluation is true then he'll be a happy boy.

It's so far safe from government manipulation unlike gold and used in smartphones and solar panels.

Decent to have, but I still prefer gold.

You need at least a little around to make bullets out of for monsters. You can also fill hollowpoints with holy water or white ash depending on the entity you're shooting.

nah m8 i just had a couple knives silver plated in case of attack. The jews dont want you to know that plating is just as good as solid silver.

I like it but i only get it because the coins look cool. Not really thinking the world will be around enough to see the value go up but it looks cool .
Need some bars though

I like silver because of the sound it makes when you hit it against us other silver. Gives me a boner

Damn, I don't know what that sounds like.

Whelp off to buy a couple bars of silver.

>Collect
Yes
>Why?
Because I like coins, bars, and all of that. It's fun.
>Good store of value?
Yes. As an investment, it traditionally underperforms the market because it's a physical commodity that is affected by supply and demand. You won't get rich on silver unless you deal in it, or get really goddamned lucky buying the dip.
>Pretty, shiny?
Of course!

>Pic related, 9 ounces arrived in the mail today

Yes invest in silver. Should go to moon within 10-15 years. It's also the most reliable investment you can make. As you'll have it beside you in physical form, and it's physical properties are what creates it's value. It's value still stays even if fiat burns to the ground, and you can potentially lose all your cryptocurrency.

Only way you can lose your appreciating silver is if your house burns down in a nuclear reaction with chemicals and radiation makes it uncollectible

It's ringy and rich sounding. I don't know what gold coins sound like, I bet it's even better.

Yes to all.

Or more likely they open up some huge silver mine somewhere and the spot price drops a third. Or you know, somebody breaks into your house and steals it.

Thinking of buying some metals though. They are at fairly low spot prices right now and I'm thinking a big stock sell off will happen before the end of the year. Inflation is really low still, so I don't care about the health of the fiat, it's dandy, but money will flow out of stocks and into metals at some point.

where do you guys buy your silver? how can I do so without getting ripped off? and do I just hold this shit and pray it goes up in value?

Couple of places. Ebay, you can sometimes get good deals there. I like buying from Monarch Precious Metals online. They have lots of coupons and reasonable shipping. JM Bullion as well, some of their deals are great. APMEX as a 3rd, because they've got a huge selection *but* it's not a great one.

Alternately, pawn shops, estate sales, yard sales are good too.

Overall, do *NOT* spend more than 10% over spot. You can always find better prices elsewhere.

mate do some research on silver. look at how much is left in the world, how many certs are bought and how much in debt of silver there is compared to silver demand and silver mined yearly, check how much silver there is in the world compared to gold, then compare prices of gold and silver.

silver is being held down in price right now so rich people and poor even can buy a shitton to profit later. 10% of your wealth should be invested in silver imo

buy some from local silver coin shop, or silver/gold buyer and seller, dont go to pawn shops, look up spot price of metals before you buy em at store

is there any difference/advantage to buying coins vs. bars?

Might try a pawnshop, or in the US you see stores that sell gold and silver, so you're not buying a premium+shipping. Plenty of places sell online, but shipping, ect.

Problem with physical metals is the shipping and premiums which eat into your profits if you are trying to speculate. If you want to speculate it's better to go with an ETF, imo.

silvergoldbull and other reputable places are pretty great and accept btc.

coins usually have a mint value, theres usually only a mintage of 1000-10000 of specific coins so it adds a little bit more rarity if you can keep the design in mint condition, theres some rare 2012 coins and 2008s, etc

there are many articles on why gold and silver out of all the elements are prized as money. if you are actually interested in learning, you can search for them yourself.

silver is half driven by industrial demand and half investment. gold is 90% driven by investment.

i hold both.

try localsilvercoins.com or silvercoinbase

you talking about SilverCoin or SilverToken? GTFO if you talking about actual silver.

>not smelting your own bullions

That is cool
But some people like those pretty stamps with 99.999% silver on 'em

So is sand

I have $10K.
Long-term hold until this cup-and-handle finishes.

dont listen to any of these other niggers. Qualitysilverbullion is good, silvergoldbull is good, jmbullion is good.
Ebay is usually extremely overpriced shit, and coin shops have to charge a shitload of premium to cover their costs.
Provident was good, but since their supplier elemetal got caught up in a scandal, i have no idea of their current status. Im sure they're still legit, but i dont know.

Silver, or precious metals in general, is not the market for speculation or short term investment of any sort. If you want to hedge against the uncertainty of the dollar and the financial markets (which if you're a human being, it's in your best interests) then precious metals are for you. There's simply no other investment vehicle with a longer or more proven track record for maintaining purchasing power. You can easily lose value long-term in real estate, securities, futures, options, fiat, and cryptocurrencies, but there is nothing to indicate that precious metals won't continue to preserve (and grow) purchasing power as they have for centuries.

You should think of it like insurance as opposed to an investment, although it's certainly both. To paraphrase a common sentiment in the precious metals community, you're doing it wrong if you're ever worrying about the dollar value of your gold or silver.

Been buying since 2012 I have 300 ounces, I like to think all the conspiracies will come true and it'll be $1000 an ounce or more. But deep down I feel stupid for not buying more bitcoin and sooner :(

Buy silver and bullets incase the US turns into Mad Max

>I like to think all the conspiracies will come true and it'll be $1000 an ounce or more
my dad is fraternity brothers with a guy who is some sort of engineer for a mining company, and he said that if silver was mined as much as it could be, it would be worth about $3 an ounce.
I'd actually like that mainly because i want silver as shiny, not as money

I collect old coins as hobby, and as a low risk investment. Not a lot of gains, but at least it keeps up with inflation and as far as hobbies go it isn't a money hole.

Yeah that's very wrong

NO IT'LL HAPPEN

i'd also be happy with $1000 silver user, considering i have about 2 kilos of the stuff
but goddamn, could you imagine $3 silver? I could literally buy a bathtub full of the stuff and just wallow in it.

>if silver was mined as much as it could be, it would be worth $3 an ounce

if the costs of operating a silver mining company permitted silver mining companies to mine so much silver that it was $3 an ounce, we'd be living in a WorldNext 2.0™ paradigm with pneumatic tubes delivering us groceries and burger king at over 2,000 mph from the nearest amazon fulfillment centers.

user the idea is that they could mine enough silver that even selling it at $3 would still turn them a profit, BUT not as much as mining less silver and selling it for $16
this is basic microecon m8, remember those graphs with the lines representing production costs and price and shit?

To the user asking about what gold coins sound like clinking together...its as if you captured a physical piece of the suns radiance, with the clicking together an echo of Gods own voice. Metallic yet somehow soft and oh so comfy...

>tfw i only have a single big gold mexican coin instead of several smaller ones i can clink together
it fucking hurts user

so what you're saying is that despite, by all accounts, average cost of production (whether direct or byproduct) of an ounce of silver being $8-12 for the past few years, the silver companies are hiding some cost cutting technique that would allow them to lower their cost of production to under $3 an ounce?

you see user, the idea is that if we saw those kind of gains in efficiency in silver mining they would likely coincide with other cost-cutting developments in other industries, and therefore, burger-king deploying pneumatic tube amazon fulfillment centers.

Your trips say there will be much gold in your future user. I don't expect to get rich off gold or anything...just love the feel and look...I think ill be burried with my stack someday

no you dumb nigger, im saying that silver being at $16 an ounce is the most profitable for the companies right now.
If they mined more and charged less, they'd still make money, but not as much as they make right now. They already have cost effective techniques at mining silver, the price is just determined by supply and demand.
Demand isn't so high that other companies would pay anything for it, but not so low that the only way for the silver miners to offload the shit was to sell it at $3

Go to sleep. You're drunk.

The only silver I collect is Litecoin.