How did the West become so fundamentally confused on the subject of Islam?

How did the West become so fundamentally confused on the subject of Islam?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9_ZoroJdVnA).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most Westerners don't know shit about Islam and never have. I mean Western people today don't even understand Christianity, how can you expect them to understand a foreign religion?

People are too lazy or uninterested to read good articles.

These writers just want to shock their conservative fathers.

For a brief period after 1918 the west became so powerful that in many minds there is no longer even the memory of the time when the whole west feared the day the Turk would come to destroy them. Many even came to assume that there was never a time when the west was under threat, and even more deviously that there is no west to even be under threat.

Our once humiliated enemies did not forget though, and are now pouring forth to seize their revenge. Many of them believing that "God has made the westerners crazy" to pave the way for them.

>brief period after 1918

The West stopped caring about an existential Muslim threat since the Great Turkish War. Things are only confusing now because of various idpol movements scrambling to dominate the discourse with their definitions and memes.

Got swindled by cultmarx.

Qataris own a large stake in twitter and a lot of money from the gulf states pours into lib oriented organizations. Organizations like CAIR embed themselves in local democratic parties and basically spew taqqiah 24/7.

good point

this

2bh this whole "Muslims pretending that Islam represents Western, liberal values" meme is something I can get behind. As with Christianity, it's easier to get people to reinterpret the values of their religion than it is to get them to abandon their religion.

This is pretty much is. A lot of people are eternally triggered by Dubya and the Iraq War so the lionization of Islam and ascribing to it values it in no way holds is a political "fuck you dad".

Islamic reformation when?

That's what Wahabist are.

I meant liberal reformation

After trump bombs them

Doesn't exist. Do people forget the christian reformation didn't exactly end particularly peacefully (30year war), nor were it teachings particularly moderate (fuck working with the structure of the system n shiet, imma gonna go by faith alone)?

I don't know, but I live in an apartment complex with a lot of arab and north African families, and they are most certainly not feminist. They will not leave my girlfriend alone, and she just wears like, vintage clothing that's pretty modest.

The former masters (white men) have become weak, so the herd (women and low-T men) is actively seeking out a new strong master.

When we stopped calling them "Muhammadans" from political correctness and erased their and the Jews' misdeeds from the history books to avoid stirring up hate in the 1950-70s. By the time 9/11 happened, people knew fuck all about Muhammadanism and readily bought "Islam is the religion of peace" from people they trusted like John Stewart on the left and Bush on the right (youtube.com/watch?v=9_ZoroJdVnA).

Funny how France is supposed to be muslim now but nobodies here even try to proclam bullshit like these.
So I'm wondering : is it common in US or cherrypicked by /pol/?

Never because is considered to be "perfect" and hence religious leaders would declare all of the reformers apostates, which would cause wars on the scale of the 30 years war.

Which would be shit, since I'm as a eurofag don't want even more refugees

We've become so monumentally powerful that nobody actually thinks anyone can threaten us. We unironically believe we're invincible

Yeah seriously. The Reformation was an ugly period. This social ultraliberalism postdates any of those events much more.

I think part of it was authoritarian systems of various kinds becoming very disgraced in the eyes of people during the 20th century.

Leftism.

Leftism is a disease.

Your pic has nothing to do with Islam itself. It's more a "I hate you so I'll suck up to your enemies" kinda thing.
They're too stupid to notice the enemy of their enemy is not actually their friend and is actually far worse.

>cherrypicked by /pol/

This statement is always true.

Same reason the West was obsessed with everything Oriental for so long, I'd guess.

>is it common in US
It is common in the sense that absolute batshit insane opinionism is commonly spread far and wide by major US media outlets for clicks. I quite doubt it's a commonly held opinion, if at all beyond the article's author.
I would even go as far as to say that the authors themselves don't generally believe what they write and they're just baiting for clicks. Then again this is a HuffPo article, so I'm quite willing to believe the author is actually THAT retarded in this instance.

>When we stopped calling them "Muhammadans" from political correctness and erased their and the Jews' misdeeds from the history books to avoid stirring up hate in the 1950-70s.

Your history is bad and you should feel bad. "Muhammadans" implies they worship Muhammad (untrue) or, even more incorrectly, they are just Christians with weird beliefs: to call them "islamics" or "muslims" is not political correctness, but plain incorrect in definition.

Also, no one ereased the bad things muslims have done in history, rather, the idea of "Arab" got merged with the idea of "muslim" so hard, that now everyone pretends the Iberian caliphates and the caliphate of Baghdad never produced any culture.

>Your history is bad and you should feel bad.

Fuck off, you reddit memer.

Just like Lutherans went around smashing icons of saints and Jesus, Wahhabis want to wipe all Islamic shrines off the face of the earth because they encourage shirk.

Cultural subversion and spiritual exhaustion.

>religious leaders would declare all of the reformers apostates

I never heard any Muslim religious leader accusing all Salafis and Wahhabis of being apostates.

What key points of Islam do you think we get wrong. As a person looking to save the west from the scourge of Islam, can you point to any modern Islamic country and the pillars that hold it up, that should be embraced? I am genuinely curious.