Ok none of that we finna be rich shit

Ok none of that we finna be rich shit

Any legitimate reasons not to invest heavily in bitbay?

>decentralized market with tons of features and double deposit escrow to remove arbiters
>main competitor is syscoin with less features and higher market cap, meaning bitbay has a LOT of room to grow
>upcoming rolling peg will reduce volatility so that a currency can actually function like a currency

Downside seems to be lack of good marketing and only one dev. They need to improve their user interface as well, but at least they have a working product unlike most scam shitcoins. The dev does seem to be very motivated and is making good progress but I wish there were a few more programmers on the team to at least get some more eyes on the code

Thoughts?
WE FINNA BE RICH

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation)
discord.gg/sP8b66W)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, Jamal.

lead dev thinks he's one of 100 programmers in the world

That's what I'm wondering... Why hasn't he hired anyone else at this point? Hes either in a league of his own or full of himself... Hopefully its league of his own

Hey guys! Official BitBay Shill here - would like to direct you toward either the Slack (bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation) or the Discord (discord.gg/sP8b66W) to have any questions answered in real time.

The marketing department was recently formed (check out the recent posts on our Facebook page for more details) and we are doing a lot of work behind the scenes to polish up the BAY brand. Expect to see the team put their real identities out for the project relatively soon, Linkedins and all.

As far as the one dev thing, scaling up in the future is most certainly the plan, but frankly i'm not at all disappointed by the progress made so far with just David. After the fundamental features are released, most specifically the rolling peg, David said that is when he will really make more of an effort to find more devs. For now though, we have been in touch with a few people who have came into the Slack expressing a desire to help out and if anything comes of that I will let you know!

Oh boy, how lucky we are to know that you aren't disappointed by the progress the dev has made when you are employed by him.
Whats your coding background to be able to say that?
Not trying to be overly critical since he seems to be working his ass off but bugs can be very insidious and you really need a team of ppl to properly go through it

Since you're here what is the latest stance of using bitbay for drug sales? I have heard things like blacklisting or blocking IP addresses which is the total opposite of a decentralized market. Hopefully the team will just focus on the protocol and let people use it however they decide with no interference

This is absolutely awesome coin to invest In especially at this dip. I'm just gonna buy and set it and forget it.

By progress I meant the relatively frequent updates (see bitbay.market/blog for details). I do totally agree with you that I want to see more devs on this project, but I am perfectly okay with waiting until the core features are finished. By that point we should be able to leverage our resources in order to bring in enough experts to really get the job done.

I will say that I do respect the guy for going heads down and actually putting in work right now before the hype. Most projects these days start with hype and dev is an afterthought

From the FAQ (available in the Discord)

Q.) How is the market moderated?

A.) There is only one 'default' marketplace called >BitBayBob's market< then you probably run the risk of it not being so private as
anyone else who creates >Bob's market< will also be on that market and can post items on it.
Yet if you create a market called >Kskg89f6wDKGU7s9hjs&DKBF78sgjn< the odds are that no
one else will know that market exists unless you tell them it exists.
We want this protocol to provide a way for ecommerce to function in a trustless environment on
a global scale. Therefore, we want to keep it clean of illegal activity, yet at the same time we
can't moderate what we can't see.
We can program this design to anything we desire (majority consensus of course). In the future
we could easily set up public markets that are specific to geographics. For example, if there is a
country where drugs can be sold legally, then we could create a market eccentric to that country
and moderated by the merchants from that market (they could be voted into power by the voting
consensus feature built into the Client). So merchants from a specific country could create a
market called "BitBay Netherlands" These merchants could sell whatever is legal in the
Netherlands to clientele in the Netherlands. It would be up to them to take the risk if they
transact with clientele outside of the country that could potentially be illegal elsewhere.
The private markets are decentralized and cannot be moderated if we can’t see them. The
public markets like >BitBay< are decentralized for legal commerce and moderated for illegal
activity. Moderators can be voted into power by a decentralized voting consensus.

>This market will be kept clean of any illegal
activity like selling drugs.

So much for Silk Road 3.0.
Disregarded.

Exactly. user for what it's worth, I am actually very serious about this project, as are all the core team members. We aren't on the crypto scene to razz people up about shit we aren't going to do, I really don't give a fuck if anyone buys BitBay tonight, tomorrow, next week, etc.

This is a platform I'm passionate about because it could prove to be a serious, disruptive alternative to the way commerce is performed on the web today. Maybe I'm a big stupid faggot, but I'm willing to bet (and have bet) that i'm not.

Slow clap for the best shill on Biz

I don't care how many IPs you are in this thread BitBay shill, you got me sold

So the part here that makes me nervous is "can't be moderated if we can't see them" (ie if not known).
I get that the official public market is BitBay and that will be moderated. But if I create a private market of my own and it becomes well known for illegal sales, can it still be moderated? How can you call something a decentralized trustless market if someone has authority to moderate it?

Would you actively try to disrupt private markets that are known for selling illegal products or leave them be?

Yeah man, shame he doesn't want to go to a federal prison the rest of his life, right?

read between the lines user
"at the same time we can't moderate what we can't see."

I think the answer is probably that they would let them be... Until of course the govt asks them to shut down private markets with threats of prison time. And this will quickly become a pointless game of whack a mole. This is the big problem I see because to make it truly decentralized means you can't shut it down and hence you need to be prepared to go to prison. You need a pretty hardcore motherfucker that really believes in this shit to basically sacrifice their self for the cause

How many people actually use Bitbay in Poland and why is it any better than any of the other millions of crypto currencies out there?

BitBay.net is a Polish cryptocurrency exchange, BitBay (BAY) is a cryptocurrency whose wallet contains a decentralized market client. See www.bitbay.market

It's garbage

Sir you are retarded.

lol I thought I was buying the polish shit but the shilling was convincing and the price point good so i said fuck it

lol! Well you made a good decision regardless. Do your research or you'll never hold long enough to see gains though my man - due diligence!

its been a rough week on all coins, but I can see gains on the horizon with the new bounty list out ramping up BAYwatch's ever diligent staff.

shitcoin taking advantage of the crypto bubble
very minor updates slowly to keep community interested. mostly unchanged since a few years ago. no plans to actually finish, couldn't even if he wanted to. pays people a little bit to market and stuff

The bitbay market. But someone could make a market using bitbay called 'silk road' that the bitbay people wouldn't moderate.

FUD. Check out the latest updates at www.bitbay.market/blog